Ventrilo for Kindred of Valiance

General guild news and announcements that span all games and servers.
Cleon
Guild Master

Ventrilo for Kindred of Valiance

Post by Cleon »

(UDATED: October 8, 2010)

New: Password now added to server.

VENTRILO now active again!

Kindred of Valiance ventrilo server information and rules below:

First, upgrade to Ventrilo version 3.

Next, create a user name to match your in-game main character.

Next, establish a server connection with these following information: KOV.NATIONNVOICE.COM
  • Server: KoV.NationVoice.Com
    Port: 4647
    Password: 1995
Next, click OK and join the server you just established!

Feel free to get to know our members.

Do not misuse or abuse the use of our ventrilo server. We will not tolerate poor behavior, and we expect all members to be courteous to one another in open chat.

Profanity and anything disruptive to the professional nature of our online community is NEVER allowed under ANY circumstance in live ventrilo chat! Be warned that we have older and mature members with children and grandchildren present, and if you decide to use profanity or suggestive language in our ventrilo server--member or not--you WILL be removed from the server. We do NOT play games with this rule or make any exceptions. A private adult (18+) server will be made available, however, for those seeking private conversation on an adult level, and what goes on in that channel stays in that channel only. Passwords will be made available for such channels and certain restrictions will apply.

Keep it clean, or keep it out.

Enjoy your ventrilo server, and make full use of it every day you get a chance--even if it's just to hang out for no reason at all.

We are Kindred of Valiance!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: Ventrilo for Dark Kindred.

Post by Sicyn »

Is this vent still active? Do we have an official vent server for DK?

-Sicyn
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Nah, I cancelled it a number of months back when the 2 year renewal came due.

I couldn't justify paying another $350 for a vent server we were not actively utilizing as a guild.

If 20 or more Kindred members join up somewhere (Emerald Dream - Alliance in WoW respectively), I will reestablish the vent server, and of course allow us all to use it regardless what games you're in.

However, I don't see many Kindredites heading over to Emerald Dream, so I'm not inclined to do it any time soon.

Those of us there are just using Crimson Alliance's vent server for the time being.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Ah, cool. Az and I are playing WoW again and I was feeling guilty hijacking POMs vent...but I guess until they kick us out... :D

-Sicyn
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I'm getting the MMO itch again, I might try out Emerald Alliance but I absolutely HATE soloing. If I have someone who enjoys company and leveling together, I'll head on over soon when I make some money for a subscription.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Definitely get a new account and do the recruit-a-friend thing...man alive, 3x makes leveling fast. I got to 60 in just over a week of mostly casual play.
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

first i would need a friend's account to recruit a friend thing
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

True. You could "recruit" a 10-day free trial account and just bot and do two sets of quests at a time.
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I reactivated my old account several months ago, it was stolen to a battle.net account. I got it back but then inevitably banned. For an unknown reason after I got my account back through blizzard. I would have to fill out a huge form and do more customer services waiting on telephones line, which isn't appealing. :(
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I've decided, when I get some money to spare I'm going to roll a warlock. Get ready!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

sicyn, did you need to order a whole new original world of warcraft game for a new account activation. Or does it not prompt you to enter a CD for authentication and you used your original box?
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Well, it depends. If you already have your original account (the veteran), then you can "partner" with a new account (the recruit) that can be a 10 day free trial. That account is limited, but is basically a "dummy" partner. You can easily get to 60 in 10 days with the 3x xp bonus.

If you don't have an account, you'll need to go buy the game (new CD key) to be the veteran, and then send an "recruit-a-friend" invitation to a new account (10 day free trial). If you buy this online (digital download from Blizzard), not that it can take several days for them to activate a "free trial" to a "paid account". It's easier to go to the store and get a CD with new key.

So, I gave my original account to a friend's son, so I had to go buy the game (all expansions too!).
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

i see, you can also get the x3 xp if you are the recruitee, just have to upgrade the full account as well.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

The veteran and the recruit will both get 3x xp if:

1) You stay within 4 levels of each other (so you have to just do both sets of quests)
2) Are in a group together while turning in quests or killing mobs
3) Do quests that are green or higher (no grey)
4) Do it within 90 days of "recruiting" (it expires after that)
5) Are within a certain distance of each other when killing/turning in quests
(probably 1 or 2 other things that I can't remember)

So technically your "recruit" doesn't have to have a paid account, you could be using a free trial...you would just have to get to 60 (to max 3x xp) within the 10 days..which is doable.

Additionally a recruit can grant a full level to the veteran ever 2 levels (assuming the veteran is lower in level). So by 60 the recruit can grant 30 levels to a veterans char (any veteran's char that is lower than 60 and lower than the recruits level).
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

Well if anyone gets any notion to come on over to AION and level up. Hit me up. Double Experience weekends and such take a bit of the grind out.
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Ventrilo for Kindred of Valiance

Post by Cleon »

Ventrilo is now active again.
Join up.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)