Kindred of Valiance Lives!

General guild news and announcements that span all games and servers.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Kindred of Valiance Lives!

Post by Sicyn »

Okay, well if it does, I'm the only surviving member! :)

Septu hosted us for a really long time on kov.tunebsd.com, and I really thank him for doing that! However, I believe after KoV interest dropped and several server crashes, we completely lost our website and as far as I know Kindred dropped off the face of the earth. This is my attempt to revive the once great society that was Kindred of Valiance, and I truly hope this message finds you well.

I played Dark Age of Camelot for lots of years (I lost track) and had 4 accounts (I went a little crazy with PLing) and that was my first introduction to KoV, and it was a great one. However, after many games changes (expansions that changed the way the game played, class changes that crippled Albion, etc.) that left me feeling it wasn't as interesting as it once once, me and many other members decided to move onto other things (even though I clung onto DAoC longer than a lot of my cohorts :D).

I know that KoV (I think the guild name was Entourage there, not sure why) had a presence in WoW, which I was part of briefly, but many members splintered and went on different servers and it was hard to keep track. Additionally, WoW just didn't cut it for me...too many quests, no RvR, and fewer friends to play with made my stint with WoW short lived.

So, with the advent of Warhammer Online (Mythic's upcoming game), I feel it imperative that we get a jump on bringing all of KoV back together. The game isn't released until sometime in Q1, 2008 (I would assume late Q1), so we have plenty of time to try to revive this wonderful guild!

WAR is currently in closed beta, and while you can certainly try to sign up they have so many requests (400,000+) for beta that it's not likely (although it is random). I'm pretty sure Guild invites get higher priority, but with our lack of numbers, that's probably not an option.

Anyway, check it out, email your old KoV friends and tell them about this new site! I know that with a little help from the gods above (read as Cleon) we can get this baby going again!

My the light of Camelot shine brightly upon your path, ;)

Sicyn
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Kindred of Valiance Lives!

Post by Cleon »

Sicyn, how wonderful of you to put this together.

We are indeed returning together in Warhammer.

We will be joining the dark side most likely, and possibly going with the name Dark Kindred.

We need to spread the word.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

all i have to say is W00t W00t!

funny thing is i contacted Adam (Cleon) a few weeks back hoping to hear from him and lucky as i am, he got my email and he told me to come here, i seriously cant wait for the whole guild to be back together, would be so awesome... :D I tried contacting Ashret at her old E-Mail(ashretelvesbane@yahoo.com) something tells me shes not expecting crafting orders so shes prob not checking it anymore haha.... well guys keep this fourm alive ill be on it at least once a day now...sweet! so pumped.

~Your old neighborhood Friar/Sorc Kedirem
my real name is Richard for all refreshers...
:)
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
seyla

Post by seyla »

:? Oh snap. Yeah, I want to try Warhammer out. I hate waiting for releases though.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

We just need people spreading the word.

Spam the ign and VN boards, and any other active boards that our former members might be browsing.

Letthem know about our new forums.

-Adam

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

This news made my day, when Cleon contacted me on the VN Boards today. I thought he gave up gaming or dropped off the face of the earth long ago. I had sent him 2 emails and a private message on the VN Boards a good year and a half ago, with no response.....so that's why I thought that. Nice URL for the new Kindred of Valiance site, Sicyn :).

I have been subscribing and unsubscribing to DAoC even up to about a month ago. We still should have a KoV guild house on the Gareth server- with a good 17 platinum on the consignment merchant from all the items of mine i sold. heh. i made sure it had alot on it so the house sticks around for awhile-- just in case anyone wanted to play daoc again. I don't plan on it personally, but I do plan on at least trying Warhammer at release. I also would like to be on the chaos side, but it's not essential. Unfortunately, two other massive online games I'd like to try will likely be released at about the same time--maybe a little earlier- Conan and Pirates of the Burning Sea. Hopefully they both suck and Warhammer is great, so the choice is easy for me. heh. Knowing KoV will be in Warhammer definantly makes Warhammer in the lead for me. I remember Cleon saying he wants to be there, but that was a long time ago- and he hadn't gotten back to me, so I figured it wouldn't happen. Glad I'm wrong.

I have -lots- of old daoc percival players email addresses. If anyone is trying to contact some old people, get in contact with me and I might have their email addresses.
Caror

Post by Caror »

Hey guys, hope your all doing good!

I too thought Cleon was lost forever and thankfully I am wrong.

I am back to DAoC actually...and even have my highest level hib ever, a 35 Bard. (only an alt, don't worry)

I should have an interest in Warhammer so I'll keep in touch via these awesome new boards...

Nice hearing from you all and I look forward to the future!

(If your playing DAoC look me up for help with anything on Bossiney Albion; Carar or Bleynien are my two main guys....and maybe Nydope.)

Caror
Rendal

Post by Rendal »

I'm very happy to be here posting.
It's been too long.

But I have piles of homework, so I'll talk to you all soon.

Rendal
Cirep

Post by Cirep »

I could not agree with Rendal more.

Hello all, if any of you remember me that is (that young minstrel?... ;))

Anyway, as I explained to Cleon a few moments ago, I'm a freshman at the Rochester Institute of Technology in NY this year. Needless to say, I have a tooon of homework and have next to no free time anymore. So, I'll be around a bit, but am entirely swamped.

In any event, it is great to see KoV coming back alive. I've been lucky enough to be in the WAR closed beta for a few months but recently have had to stop playing due to the start of college.. there just hasn't been any time for gaming.

Since I should be doing homework now, I'll leave you all with this:
http://people.rit.edu/~bje6401/imm/

That was a recent short project for one of my classes at RIT, but the page does give some information about what I'm up to these days and a short history of where I've been gaming-wise.

Can't wait to hear from you all.

Cirep/Brian
Cirep~Yashi~Ubgu
DAoC: Too many 50s to name. Too many RRs.
3x Minstrels, 2x Druid, Valewalker, 2x Friar, Vampiir, etc..
WOW- 70 Shaman, Paladin, Priest, Rogue
GW/CoH/LoTRO/+Many more.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Haha...this is great! I've had the site up for almost a month and within a few hours of getting a response from Cleon, we have some of the old timers back! It's so good to see!

First, if you see anything that doesn't work or that you would like added, please let me know (email: lon.varscsak@gmail.com or just create a post).

Yates, I think it would be great (assuming you still have an active DAoC account) to update the guild url with this new domain, just in case someone wants to look us up through the Camelot Herald. Also, assuming Cleon is up to it, I think it would be great if we could send a mass email to our known members with your email list, just letting everyone know that we have a place to communicate now, and to come sign up.

Also, I too am interested in Conan...it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. But I figure, that while Mythic had it's flaws in DAoC (*cough* long lasting, AOE mez...had to say that for Denauticus, class balance, all of Trials of Atlantis :D, etc.), I've always felt they nailed the RvR component, and that's what is really getting me excited about WAR. (As a side note, I'm not sure why they went down to 2 realms in WAR from the original 3, but go figure.)

Cirep (lol, in college now!), it would be great if you could post your thoughts on the beta (in the warhammer section). Don't break any NDA that you may have signed. :D A friend of mine was in closed beta and he was thinking there was way too much left for them to create by March of '08...just curious.

Anyway, good to see you all, and I'm really looking forward to playing with some awesome people again!

--Sicyn
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

wow very nice turn out so far, cirep and even Yates?! dang ;)

hey cirep its good to hear that you continued your education into college. im in the next state over in Springfield,MA i got to Western New England College and i am majoring in Information Technology, i am currently a Sophomore, with a concentration in databases and networking. its good to hear that other people are using macs still...i currently use a MacBook Pro which i will play Warhammer on :) but im an avid Mac fan, im an expert with UNIX / anything to do with terminal commands and i know quit a bit of linux as well, so if your ever in a bind just send me a email or something(rgoldthwaite@sau14.org).

P.S. to all, for the fun of it, i plan on programming some small applications to help the guild in warhammer...(Example: some sort of applet to help organize raids or something, idk i have to conjure up someting in my little head...)

hey yates if you have Ash's email other then ashretelvesbane@yahoo.com cuz i tried it and its expired and it sends back a return error from the server. if u want to email me the whole list of emails u have i will send out a mass forward message.

P.S.S. For anyone that wants to contact me the best bet is my email address, the one above (rgoldthwaite@sau14.org) i have a BlackBerry :geek: and i get email on the fly or for a faster repsonse from me do (rgoldthwaite@vzw.blackberry.net)

Good too see the turn out so far though looks awesome!!

~Richard (Kedirem) :D :D
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Yates, I think it would be great (assuming you still have an active DAoC account) to update the guild url with this new domain, just in case someone wants to look us up through the Camelot Herald.
-I'm not currently subscribed to the game, or I would.
hey yates if you have Ash's email other then ashretelvesbane@yahoo.com cuz i tried it and its expired and it sends back a return error from the server. if u want to email me the whole list of emails u have i will send out a mass forward message.
-That email list i have is mainly old Divinity members (if you remember when Divinity was folding, many of our members went to KoV- so those 2 guilds were my main ones and that's why i kept those member's email addresses). I guess I could comb thru the list and try to remember which of them were in KoV. I might miss some though. Ashret is not one on the list, so I don't have her email address.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Wonderful turnout!

I'm very glad you are all responding.

I look forward to having our crew back together again. I plan to look at the other games as well, but I am about 85% convinced that Warhammer will be our home, and we will of course be Destruction side.

Yates, please send a mass email to all of those people. I will gladly welcome old Divinity members as well. They don't have to be former KoV members. I think just about anyone from Percival, even the enemy side, is fine with the exception of a few morons we ran into along the way. I want us hitting the ground running, and I want us to hit it big.

Cirep, make sure not to mention anything that breaks NDA. Especially on our forums. I will be directing our forums to Warhammer to get our guild in the beta running this December, and they will be inspecting the website thoroughly for things such as that if we are to get accepted.

I have some very amazing updates for my own life which I will post in another section of our forums soon as I get some time.

I'm quite excited to see our family harmony returning once more.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Yates Yellowrat Bast

I sent out the 'mass email' to about 30 old daoc friends of mine---informing them of this new site and KoV's plans on going to Warhammer Online. I was upset to see Miq's/Hexine's email address I had on file was rejected. Anyone have his current email address?
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

Yates,
I posted a topic on Miq's guild website for World of Warcraft(same guild cleon is in too) i told him to come here and sign up and keep up with the fourms. he will get my post guarenteed.

~Kedirem
Patek

Post by Patek »

Hi all,

I don't know how active I'll be in Warhammer, but I'll definitely have SOME presense with y'all there. Anyway, thank you Yates for letting me know about this reunion. It's good to see some familiar sigs/names :)
Patek
Phineous, Human Ranger / Patek, Elementalist / Brasch, Mesmer (Jade Quarry Guild Wars 2)
Patek, Gnome Mage (Emerald Dream WoW)
Patek, Kelari Mage / Gronde, Bahmi Warrior (Harrow Defiant RIFT)
Lanc, Avalonian Wizard / Thrack Highlander Paladin (Albion Percival DAoC)
Patek

Post by Patek »

FYI: I sent Ashret an email about this site; not sure if it's a good email address but it's different than the Yahoo one. I may look her up on WoW if we don't hear from her (I still have her server/toon name somewhere).
Patek
Phineous, Human Ranger / Patek, Elementalist / Brasch, Mesmer (Jade Quarry Guild Wars 2)
Patek, Gnome Mage (Emerald Dream WoW)
Patek, Kelari Mage / Gronde, Bahmi Warrior (Harrow Defiant RIFT)
Lanc, Avalonian Wizard / Thrack Highlander Paladin (Albion Percival DAoC)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

My old computer's hard drive crashed, so I don't have Ashret's email either.

Although, I might still have her phone number on an old phone I used a long time ago.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Ash

Post by Ash »

Wow.. that's all I can say.. WOW... I can't believe you are all here. I found an email this morning at 3am waiting for me and almost deleted it,, thought it was spam. Decided to read it and here I am. I have no idea how Lanc found me, he must have superpowers to track me down at the email address he came up with :D
Can't wait to see you all and get together on Warhammer. And yes Ked, my ashretelvesbane@yahoo.com email address is defunct for evermore ;).
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I was about to dig into some old boxes and search for an old phone of mine that had your phone number, haha!

Glad you found us Ash!

You need to give me an update!

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Ach

Post by Ach »

Wow, pretty cool that this site is up. And to think we were talking with Cleon just a couple of weeks ago in WOW to set something up in preparation for WarHammer.

Kudos to whoever put it together.
Temujin / Yesukhei
Cirep

Post by Cirep »

Ashret!!!

Its great that you've successfully been contacted and found the board ;)

Very excited to see the turnout thus far- welcome back Ash and all ;).

...And I'm sitting in a programming class right now.. should be doing an exercise. Guess I need to go back to that.

~Cirep
Cirep~Yashi~Ubgu
DAoC: Too many 50s to name. Too many RRs.
3x Minstrels, 2x Druid, Valewalker, 2x Friar, Vampiir, etc..
WOW- 70 Shaman, Paladin, Priest, Rogue
GW/CoH/LoTRO/+Many more.
Giellan

Post by Giellan »

I'm glad I was trolling the VN boards this morning and found Cleon's post on the perc boards. I would love to reunite with the guild that helped me get my first ever level 50 in DAoC(I now have 21 between all three realms on different servers).
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Hey everyone, this is Miq/Hexine from DAoC and a few others from WoW. I'm all for going to WAR, been watching news and for my beta invite for monthes. Currently I'm on Horde Illidan running with The Unemployed. I haven't been up to much in real life :cry:

I know of a couple others I can try and contact, but might be a difficult task.

My new email is dsdjkk@hotmail.com if you want to update your address books
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Hi Miq. Thanks for the new email address and saying hi. I always wondered something- how is it that Bloodmages house still exists on Gareth, DAoC? heh, at least it was still there when i last unsubscribed to the game about 3 weeks ago. You got someone paying the rent for you (besides me)?