Returning to World of Warcraft.

General guild news and announcements that span all games and servers.
raggedyandy

Returning to World of Warcraft.

Post by raggedyandy »

As I stated to those that knew me on Illidan, I would play Warhammer and if its a better game, I would stay.

While Warhammer is indeed a "better" game than World of Warcraft, yeah, its not good enough for me to ask the rest of the folks on Illidan to drop WoW. I can't in good conscience do this.

I believe I gave Warhammer a good thorough review. I recommend anyone starting an mmorpg to play warhammer, I truly believe that this will eventually beat out wow.

Until Warhammer starts having (many) PVE instances like WoW, it simply will not grab the casual players that are all my RL friends on Illidan. I just can't bring myself to ask them to switch. Its simply not THAT good.

I shall of course keep in contact with Adam. Once WoW content is completed I am definately coming back to Warhammer as the pvp aspect really hooked me, but I can only keep one subscription active at a time.

It was nice meeting you all. We are located on Illidan, The Unemployed [H] Guild and our website is theunemployed.myguildhost.com

Andy
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Returning to World of Warcraft.

Post by Cleon »

Thanks Andy.

I'm sure you guys will all be back soon.

I will let you know when they've added ample amount of raiding content in the future.

We are just hoping they don't add too much as to take away from the end-game focus of RvR later on.

They made that mistake in Dark Age of Camelot, and it ruined PvP as a whole.

At least when you guys do return, you'll have a head start on the men.

Thanks for giving it a straight shot, Andy.

[edit]

By the way, I was browsing your forums and noticed some of your concerns.

There are actually tons of instances you can do while leveling.

You must not have asked anyone about them, but we've been running guild groups through them regularly.

The Arena is jam packed with them through the teens, and after 20 there's Gunbad and others, on up all the way to 40.

You must have not gotten in on the instancing train somehow.

As for level 40 end-game raiding content, I still cannot answer what's there because I haven't experienced it yet.

I can assure you, though, that you do not have to wait until 40 to do instances. We were starting them at 12 or so, and there may be places to go before then actually.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
raggedyandy

Post by raggedyandy »

thanks bro, yeah, i found out that i could "unlock" an instance during my teens after the fact. I was a bit bummed about it, but no matter. When I looked up the instances to see what I missed, found out I wasn't missing much. Like you said, its RvR, not an instance game.

While the RvR aspect does have me hooked, the folks I run with are definately more dungeon runners. That being said, Warhammer is not made for them. I was the guinea pig regarding the game of Warhammer, and it passed. I will play again. However, it needed to be a game where I would say to all the folks get over here now! And it just doesn't have it.

And the worst part of my experience was with the EA customer service regarding a technical problem with my computer. Yeah, I can only pray that Mythic doesn't get blamed for EA failure to have qualified tech reps that can read English.

I will stay in touch man, care.

Andy
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

You don't have to unlock the dungeons. Not sure where you got that information. I just ran right into the portals and went on inside.

I'm thinking you may have read about some of the instances that automaticaly unlock when the capital city gains levels. Since the city is level 5, everything is completely unlocked until/if Order successfully sacks it.

The content in the lower dungeons, though, is agreeably not up to standards--nor do they have much eye candy.

Just a basic plow through trash, and then 5-10 bosses, or so. Definitely challenging for a worthy group nonetheless.

I remember the first one we entered, we fought a three-headed hydra at the end. The fight was similar in comparison to a down-played version of Onyxia. AOE's blasting us to bits, and we have to learn a strategy on the fly to conquer her down. We failed, but came back in a few levels and conquered. Was quite fun.

Could it be better? Absolutely. I'll keep tabs on the instancing, and let you guys know when they're worth looking further in to.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
raggedyandy

Post by raggedyandy »

I agree...this game is definately better...and with time/money/and content...it will FAR surpass world of warcraft. The problem is...until they get more PVE content...the folks won't like being here. But if I clear the content, I am SO definately coming back to WH. I love the game.

Andy
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

Sorry to see you go but I would say there is tons of PVE content I would say that WOW and WAR are pretty close. Sure WAR doesnt have a bunch of expansions but its new. If you look at WOW when it 1st came out and WAR I would say the content is pretty much the same. The only definitive difference is WAR focused on RVR alot more than WOW did upon initial release.

There are tons of PQ's all PVE content.
Quite a few Instance dungeons all PVE
Not to mention lots of Quests in 3 different realms.

That alone i would say consitutes alot of content. Sounds more like people are just use to an older game and its ways. The content is clearly there.
Never give up its not an option.
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc