New look and feel

Anything that you'd like to see here that isn't? Bugs? This is the place.
Sicyn
Site Admin

New look and feel

Post by Sicyn »

After a little prodding from Cleon, I've updated the style of the forums. I think Cleon's exact words were, "The blue is hurting my eyes!".

This is actually a theme out there that I..uh...borrowed. :) It is a WoW theme technically, but I've done some work to replace at least the header images with something WAR specific. I'm no designer, so be gentle. Additionally, you'll still see fragments around that are clearly WoW images.

The other thing I hate about this template is that it's "fixed width" meaning that the more you widen your browser, the more it does absolutely nothing. :D So it's technically more narrow than before (at least the way I view web pages). It annoys me, but I may be the only one.

Which leads me to my final point....IT DOESN'T MATTER! :P Ach is currently working on a great new homepage and ultimately a forum template design to match that will be the new look and feel of Dark Kindred. I won't reveal any secrets ahead of time, but it's darn sweet. The best design KoV has ever had, with some really cool features!

Have Fun!

--Sicyn
Rendal

Re: New look and feel

Post by Rendal »

I think it looks great!
Good job. I can't wait to see how it evolves.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Thanks Rendal.

It's a little jacked up in Internet Explorer...which is why it's evil. I'll work to fix that weird gap in the image.
Ach

Post by Ach »

Oh noes, the pressure is on!!! :D
Temujin / Yesukhei
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

IE is weird...use FireFox. :D

I've fixed it for IE..no "black" gap, but still a transparent gap that only I will notice. :)
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

Sicyn the reason the window is "fixed" is because thats how it was programmed, it can be changed though, if you have the source code of the java file i can change it for you if u want, but if its no biggie then thats cool too. Thats if you used java to make the web page...
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Thanks Ked. Yeah, I understand why it's fixed width, I just don't particularly like it...and don't have a lot of time to change it. I also figure with Ach working on a new design, I'd prefer to not invest a lot in a phpbb template that will ultimately go away. I think Ach's design is fixed width too, but it's a 1024x768 design as opposed to an 800x600 design.

This template also has some other bugs like not being able to click links, edit posts, quote posts in the last entry of a thread (sometimes).

Unless you guys think it's not livable for a month or so, I'll leave it the way it is.

--Sicyn
Ach

Post by Ach »

Well the main site is fixed with at 1024, but the forum will be fluid. I hate fixed width.

The goal is to switch everything up to fluid after release. For now there's not much stuff to fill up a fluid layout. We'd be staring at a lot of blank space. After release, or during open beta, there'll be a ton of stuff to add,(stats, rosters, events, dloads, screenshots, etc)
Temujin / Yesukhei