Sicyn, an issue!

Anything that you'd like to see here that isn't? Bugs? This is the place.
Cleon
Guild Master

Sicyn, an issue!

Post by Cleon »

Hello, I've tried PMing you and sending an email, and no response!

So I'm dragging it out in public now, rawr!

Two issues:

1) Please change the banner at the top of the website to point toward dkwar.com so we can return easily to the homepage.

2) Next, anytime someone is "online" we cannot edit our posts due to the triangular "You Are Here" banner than runs over our avatar. The online banner seems to branch sheer across the screen and covers up the option to edit the post or even click a link that is within the range of it. Not sure how to fix that, although we should probably go back to the old style forums for now and simply change the color of the bars to fit our scheme so we're not looking at the baby blue. I lke the colors of these forums now, but they simply are not functioning appropriately with this scheme.

If I knew how to do these things, I'd get it done! But alas, I'm newb-sauce.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: Sicyn, an issue!

Post by Sicyn »

lol, I do have a job. :P

Yeah, the Thor theme that I've modified is really buggy (I didn't create it), lots of things don't work properly (as I said in my original post), however, blue was hurting everyones eyes. A new theme needs to be created (there's not a "dark" version of the eye hurting one) and that's not my specialty (although I can tinker).

Changing the link at the top isn't as straightforward as you might think, because it's dynamically generated by the forum software to point to the main forum page...I'm sure it can be changed, I just need to get some time to work on it.

Can I have the weekend? :)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I should add that that's a good catch on the "online status" thing...I don't think I would have thought of that! Maybe you're not as newb-saucey as you think.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

As if your job is an excuse!

Pfft! I just woke up from a 5 hour nap after working a 29 hour shift! Hearing other people complain about work makes me think evil thoughts, muwahaha!

I hear the Healthcare industry will send you to an early grave, and I'm starting to believe it!

Anyways, haha, yeah, don't push it at all. There's certainly no rush! Only tinker with it in your spare time brother.

The previous forums we had I actually figured out, and was able to change the color schemes. I guess I was hoping there was a color panel for that blue templated one.

Will it be possible to fix that online status icon from stretching over the screen?

Also, the way I figured it out was simple. After a few minutes of observation, I noticed that on my avatar, the online status icon prevented me from clicking my avatar where it was, but my avatar was clickable everywhere below it. The same went for any links or text parallel with the bsae border of it across the screen.

Now, fixing it is where I am newb-sauce.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I'm telling you, you have a career in HTML! :) That's exactly what it is...but this template is designed oddly...I'm tweaking with it now, I guess I could just get rid of the fancy graphic and just put the text "Online" next to the users name....for down and dirty work.

All of it's possible, I just need to do it. Shh, I'm working on it now...don't tell my boss or my employees!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Okay, I "fixed" the edit bug. And by "fixed" I mean I removed that image all together. :D Instead, you'll see "(Online Now!)" next to the users name....quick and dirty!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Fantastic!

That's much better than having a big graphic cover half your avatar!

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Ach

Post by Ach »

why not just use a new template...im sure there's tons of phpbb templates out there

use this one and modify it as a warhammer theme
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=382382
Temujin / Yesukhei
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Sheesh, it's like you design websites and think it's easy! ;)

I'll look at that one, it's got some active work on it, so it may not be that bad. Plus it's not fixed width!

Ach, will you email me the Font info for the font used on dkwar.com (Dark Kindred title).

Thanks,

Lon
Ach

Post by Ach »

sent in email. english gothic 17th century truetype.

rawr
Temujin / Yesukhei