Gotrek & Felix

Got something to talk about that has nothing to do with gaming or the guild--this is the place to be!
Rythok

Gotrek & Felix

Post by Rythok »

I recently got the Gotrek & Felix book, The First Omnibus, which is actually the first 3 books in the series: Trollslayer, Skavenslayer and Daemonslayer. It was good enough to justify buying The Second Omnibus which contains Dragonslayer, Beastslayer and Vampireslayer.

Basically, the series tells the story of Felix, a human warrior-poet that made a blood oath with a dwarf slayer while drunk, saying he would follow him and record his mighty doom. It's action-packed and really helps understand the world of Warhammer as Felix himself is pretty much ignorant of what goes on outside of Altdorf before his adventure begins. As he met and learned about various races that populate the world, I fell in love with all of them. From the brilliant stupidity of the skaven to the gold rush that can drive any dwarf crazy, every race have a few quirks that make them both unique and interesting.

So, to anyone who is looking for some books to read or is curious and wants to know the Warhammer world a little better, the First Omnibus and Second Omnibus offer great stories at a low price. I found them for about $12 each. So that's basically $25 for 6 books of Warhammer fun.
DAoC - Percival: Rythok Ballantine, lvl 50 armsman; Terendir, lvl 40something mercenary.
WoW - Lightninghoof: Rythok, level 70 warrior. Rivendare: Burninatör, level 70 priest.
WAR - Pheonix Throne: Rythok, Chaos Chosen.
Adaar

Re: Gotrek & Felix

Post by Adaar »

I'm kinda curious, but I dont even read the lore that Mythic WAR page gives out. I guess its just too much to get into. But if you could recommend any starter books or graphic novels, then I'll be willing to check them out. I read a couple Dragonlance books and loved them, but never really felt like getting more for some reason, maybe its cause I read really slow.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Was the Dragonlance Chronicles related to Warhammer in some way?

I loved those books. I still remember most of the character's names and personalities.

Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman really knew how to put it all together for readers.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Rythok

Post by Rythok »

Was the Dragonlance Chronicles related to Warhammer in some way?
Not as far as I know, Dragonlance Chronicles became a campaign setting for D&D (or maybe it was the other way around) but I never heard of it being in any way related to Warhammer.

As for starter books... I guess the easiest way to learn about the different factions in warhammer would be to read the army books for the miniatures game, but those can be quite expensive, especially if all you're interested in is the lore. I don't know any graphic novels, though I do believe you get one with the collector's edition of WAR. There's also the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book, a good old pen & paper roleplaying game. It gives quite a bit of info on the warhammer world, but doesn't go into too much detail. Oh and it's actually a fun game hehe.

Hmm you're making me want to borrow the book from my friend and start a WHFRP game here on the forums...
DAoC - Percival: Rythok Ballantine, lvl 50 armsman; Terendir, lvl 40something mercenary.
WoW - Lightninghoof: Rythok, level 70 warrior. Rivendare: Burninatör, level 70 priest.
WAR - Pheonix Throne: Rythok, Chaos Chosen.