Guild Artists - I Need Your Help! (LOGO)

Got something to talk about that has nothing to do with gaming or the guild--this is the place to be!
Cleon
Guild Master

Guild Artists - I Need Your Help! (LOGO)

Post by Cleon »

So, we've taken over a local Coffee and Ice Cream shop here in Mobile, AL.

We named it: Joyful Cup Cafe

We have 30 days to create a logo for the Store Sign.

Here is what I want:

A Cup, such as a grail, chalice, or something similar as the icon.

I want Joyful Cup as the Major part of the name.

Cafe as the sub part of the name.

It needs to be a color that is visible both day and night.

Whoever comes up with the best logo will be rewarded--most likely with cash, or such.

I will not let your efforts go to waste if yours is chosen.

I know you folks have some skill with these things, now it's time to shine!!

Help us form Joyful Cup Cafe!

By creating this logo and giving it to me, you will forfeit all rights and privileges to it, but will be allowed to receive honorable mention and credit as logo contributor once trademarked if you so chose to have such done.

Thank you in advance for all of the help.

<3 C
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Guild Artists - I Need Your Help! (LOGO)

Post by Cleon »

Guys, come on, this is very serious.

I need your help!

I know we have talented artists here.

Someone please put something together.

It's extremely important.

If I do it, it's going to look incredibly bland and unstylish.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Slythorn

Post by Slythorn »

I got no artistic skill at all but I am very glad you got the shop setup, I will see if I know some friends who can draw it up...I will check on it!
Percival_DAOC

Slythorn 50 Infiltrator
Stythorn 50 Reaver
Samuels 44 Mercenary
Loads of others I played

WoW_Illidan server

Samuels 70 Hunter Illidan-Horde
Samsfrost 70 Mage Cenarion Circle-Alliance
Lots of others

Warhammaer Online Temp server: Abhorash Destro
Slythorn - DOK Disciple of Khiane
Slyfox - Chosen
Slyfoxer - Squig Herder
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I got artistic skills with my own hands. Problem is I have no scanner to scan it in or any art programs.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

You guys can use simple banner programs like photo shop I'm sure.

Come on, put some things together!

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
lasky

Post by lasky »

Cleon wrote:So, I've taken over a local Coffee and Ice Cream shop here in Mobile, AL.

We named it: Joyful Cup Cafe

We have 30 days to create a logo for the Store Sign.

Here is what I want:

A Cup, such as a grail, chalice, or something similar as the icon.

I want Joyful Cup as the Major part of the name.

Cafe as the sub part of the name.

It needs to be a color that is visible both day and night.

Whoever comes up with the best logo will be rewarded--most likely with cash, or such.

I will not let your efforts go to waste if yours is chosen.

I know you folks have some skill with these things, now it's time to shine!!

Help us form Joyful Cup Cafe!

By creating this logo and giving it to me, you will forfeit all rights and privileges to it, but will be allowed to receive honorable mention and credit as logo contributor once trademarked if you so chose to have such done.

Thank you in advance for all of the help.

<3 C
Sounds fun (and stressful)! I don't have an artistic creative bone in my body to help ya though.

An affordable option is to use www.elance.com, i've pointed a few start ups in that direction and they've been happy.
(WAR)- Otik the Shaman
(DaoC)- Lasky the Ranger | Distle the Nightshade (hib/perc)
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

how about something like this: (not my drawing- its a drawing in a tarot card deck). And since you probably don't want a tarot card as your logo, i said something -like- it. similiar- not same.
Attachments
000_0291.jpg
000_0291.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 13623 times
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Yes, a cup similar to that one would be perfect.

Our store sign is going to look something like.

JOYFUL CUP

Except the First and last letters will be really large, and the letters inbetween will all be hyperscript. (Flush to the top)

Our reasons for this is to have an easibly readable sign at night time--similar to that of GAME STOP

For the logo, however, we want to make it more elaborate. A chalice similar to that one, along with curved over Joyful Cup Cafe.

That would be perfect.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

Let me know if this works for you. Just some ideas i had floating around in my head. This is nice and simple which should help costs in having the sign created.
Attachments
cleon4.jpg
cleon4.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 13568 times
cleon3.jpg
cleon3.jpg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 13577 times
cleon2.jpg
cleon2.jpg (22.59 KiB) Viewed 13589 times
Cleon.jpg
Cleon.jpg (22.82 KiB) Viewed 13589 times
Never give up its not an option.
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Ach

Post by Ach »

Im sure you've done your research on this and have your reasons but if i may...

When I see a chalice the first thing that pops into my head is Christianity. The grail. Knights Templar. Wine. Sacrificial wine.
Also the third Indiana Jones. Go Indy.

Coffee and ice cream is not an image I can associate with a chalice. I can't say it won't work but it just doesn't jive well as Im thinking about it.

The image of a chalice isn't generally associated with the word joyful. Mainly due to the associations previously mentioned.
Also a chalice while technically a cup, isn't what the average joe would consider a cup.

While this might be a stretch, some christians might take offense. Others might like it. Who knows.

In my opinion what you should be going for is something fun. Due to the word joyful. Like, say a white cup of hot american coffee with a smiling face and hands extruding from it's side licking a raspberry ice cream cone. Maybe giving a thumbs up with the other hand and a wink. This would create not only a sign for your store but a true brand identity solution with your own coffee cup character. Give him/her a name and ipso presto you've got a hook.

Taking into account only the name of the business the above is what comes to mind. Other factors such as demographics that the business caters to should be taken into consideration and the above idea might just be outright wrong.

As for getting it done. Whatever your idea, Elance.com, like previously mentioned, is a great place to find good aspiring designers on the cheap that will provide you with multiple samples to choose from.

Hope this was helpful.
Temujin / Yesukhei
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I'm not sure people would look that deeply into it unless we went national or something.

I just couldn't think of another cup that represented so much history. I also just wanted a cup similar in appearance, not necessarily a chalice itself.

We need some kind of icon to throw out there.

Any suggestions?

Also, Sinsan, I like a few of those ideas--especially the first one.

Thing is, just our store sign will have that color.

Our logo could be any color, and also, the images above are a bit tall. We'd like it to be more roundish.

Nice to see some ideas popping out finally.

Thanks for the feedback!

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

How is this one Cleon
Attachments
More Rounded
More Rounded
cleonr1.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 13539 times
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

This one is purely a joke. Hope you do not take offense to it but i kind of like it. Not that it would be good for buisness.
Attachments
Joke logo.jpg
Joke logo.jpg (23.94 KiB) Viewed 13532 times
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

3 More possibilities for you.
Attachments
cleonr4.jpg
cleonr4.jpg (26.17 KiB) Viewed 13512 times
cleonr3.jpg
cleonr3.jpg (25.58 KiB) Viewed 13512 times
cleonr2.jpg
cleonr2.jpg (25.36 KiB) Viewed 13512 times
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Slythorn

Post by Slythorn »

The second one with the P falling off is awesome would leave an impression and pretty easy to do with a neon sign
Percival_DAOC

Slythorn 50 Infiltrator
Stythorn 50 Reaver
Samuels 44 Mercenary
Loads of others I played

WoW_Illidan server

Samuels 70 Hunter Illidan-Horde
Samsfrost 70 Mage Cenarion Circle-Alliance
Lots of others

Warhammaer Online Temp server: Abhorash Destro
Slythorn - DOK Disciple of Khiane
Slyfox - Chosen
Slyfoxer - Squig Herder
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Joyful Cup.jpg
Joyful Cup.jpg (173.78 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
Phoenix Throne
Lorelei-Disciple of Khaine * Shikami-Witch Elf * Yurika-Sorceress * Rally-Zealot
Fhayd

Post by Fhayd »

Hello, I just applied to Dark Kindred and came across this post, and figured I would throw something out there. I hope that is ok, I don't want to overstep anything.

Ach makes excellent points regarding demographics and general marketing. Subliminal connotations are huge in advertising, image, identity development, and marketing.

Here is what I came up with just from thinking what "joyful cup, café + ice cream" means to me. It is a bit rough, but it is just a concept:

What would help with development:

meta:
What does Joyful Cup mean to you? If it were a store (which it will be), what would it look like? How would you feel being there, what is on the shelves? What is the goal? Try to describe using as many adjectives as possible. Also, any images of the interior would help, and maybe the exterior.

Colors:
Pick three that come to mind. Always good to have two rather subdued, and a spot color for call outs.

Shape:
What shape is the sign? Not critical in most identity dev right away, but now, it seems you are starting with the sign before any other identity, so it is pretty big here.

Display:
How will it be displayed ? Is it a rigid sign, free hanging, or vinyl printed and mounted on a wall? Is it a 2d or 3d display?

There is more I could ask, but I'll leave you with this for now : )

I do graphic design / new media design / web design / 3d modeling / video + audio editing for a living, I think I may have the tools to help you here. I hope this helps, please feel free to pm me here or, if you would like, I can give my personal email.
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

I really like the one you did there Fhayd, it caught my attention right away.. Though not as much as the pin-up girl :P Just kidding.
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

So many great suggestions!

We already made our display sign, but it hasn't shipped yet. We simply used the white/red text from above.

But we still need a logo, so please keep these coming.

We only made the display sign out the way we did for great night viewing in the busy area. Neon signs need straight-forwardness and impact.

Our logo, however, we want to design and place all over the building, and in our advertisements.

The inside of the store is caramel and brown colors.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]