presidential campaign

Got something to talk about that has nothing to do with gaming or the guild--this is the place to be!
Famine

presidential campaign

Post by Famine »

After watching the election process tonight it's a wonder to me that so many people DON'T go out and vote. What is the point of having 800,000,000 people in a country when around 700,000,000 don't even vote! I am happy with the way the election turned out, in fact, I'm thrilled about it. I just wish that the American public would realize how foolish they are by not voting and not getting their voice out there. President bush won in 04 by some 6000 votes. There's supposed to be over 25 million young voters(18-29) this year. I guess now I'm just typing and typing about how the American public doesn't appreciate what our soldiers have done, what our fathers have done, and all the past generations have done to secure our freedom. I feel that there was no other option to me but to vote. It is my chance to get into government and make my voice heard.

Anyway, after all is said and done, we have a new president. One that I believe can usher this country into a new era of prosperity, but not at the expense of me or you, or anyone around the world. I think he can do it by punishing those who need to be punished with tax breaks and new mandates and laws.

Yes we can.

That's a statement I'm looking forward put into action. Congrats Barack Hussein Obama, on being the first black man voted as president, as becoming an icon for my generation and my parents generation to fall back on, for being an icon of hope for many Americans who are struggling right now, and finally on showing the world that we, as a nation, can come together and do the unexpected.

I wanted to say this somewhere and I figured in the comfort of my friends in the guild was the place to do it.I hope you can agree with me when I say that even if you didn't vote for him, it's still necessary to support him as our next president. Because like it or not, he's there for the next 4 years and we should support our leaders.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Jade

Re: presidential campaign

Post by Jade »

I share your disappointment with the voter turn out. I did not vote for Obama, but am very please that someone with fresh ideas has entered the White House. Out of all the candidates that ran, McCain and Obama where the ones to make change. I don't want to get into a political debt as to why I didn't vote for Obama, so I will leave it at that. It is my opinion and my right as an American to vote for who I want with out being critized. And, as you said, American's take our country for granted. Now if you didn't want to vote because you didn't like the people running ....guess what...there were at least 7 other people you could of voted for that were not in the spot light. If you didn't vote because you don't like the country, I know how to get you one way tickets out of the country. OOps....was that too harsh?
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

I didn't vote because I just didn't vote. No reasons behind it :)
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.
Jade

Post by Jade »

Lynnx Holyfield wrote:I didn't vote because I just didn't vote. No reasons behind it :)
<SPANK>
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

Careful I hear she likes that kinda thing ;0)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I dont vote, I dont complain, 'nuff said.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Lynnx Holyfield

I do like a good spankin'.. :)
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

~warms hand up~
Lynnx Holyfield

Do you want me in high heels and a mini-skirt? :D
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

Oh you know it doll
Meraslyss

Post by Meraslyss »

Ok other than the much needed PICTURES! after those comments. I could've sworn it was a 60% ish voter turn out for those who were eligible?
Meraslyss - Innconu Necromancer, Percival
Kelth - Saracen Reaver, Percival
Fidodian - Firbolg Hero, Gareth