/wave to Cleon / KOV!

This is the place to let us know who you are and what you're all about. If you're an old-timer, feel free to catch us up on what's been going on in your life, gaming or otherwise.
Kestrel_Trebor

/wave to Cleon / KOV!

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Hey guys, not sure if you'll remember me. . . I started DAOC at release -- my first character was Kestrel, a sorceror, with the Sacred Brotherhood. I remember seeing you (all the time :) ) in RvR, Cleon / KOV, but not sure whether we grouped.

My next primary character was Hasil, an infiltrator. Started him because being a cloth squishy was not always fun in the early days. . . Played him primarily solo -- I'd like to think I was one of the more respected soloing infiltrators at the time. I would group to help with realm defense and relic sieges, of course, but otherwise I was hunting stragglers and picking off people in keeps :)

Then, after a break of perhaps 6 months, and after the guinivere/percival merger, I began to play on Mid Guin, a healer named Bardif. I started to run 8v8 with Ascendency, later known as Solarius, and we did pretty well. Tough moving to mid b/c my RL family was in alb percival :)

Played there until my group moved to hib merlin, where I continued to 8v8 on my bard, Chianen. Stopped playing due to a move and RL commitments in June, 2006.

So anyway, just wanted to say hi! I'm going to follow where you guys go, because I want to end up with friendly, ex-percival faces ;) I may make my own, very small guild with family or maybe just me and my alts. . . I'd love to play competitive RvR / 5-man again, but not sure if time will allow me upon release . . . so I may just solo ;) I'm rolling a melee dps, probably WE.

See you soon, in WAR :)
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Kestrel_Trebor

Re: /wave to Cleon / KOV!

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Just noticed there's a forum for saying "hi." Oops! Sorry -- feel free to move this post over there if you like :)
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Fixed. :) Welcome to the forums!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Ah, hey Kestrel.

It really has been a long time since I've seen you. You always played really odd hours, as did we, so I saw you quite a bit in the frontiers. I recall duoing a few times with your infil on my merc, Hephzibah. One battle I remember intensely in the PoC entrance when we slaughtered a full gank group from Hib--we were four: Hasil, Hephzibah, Laredric, and Horndrid, with only Horndrid's buffs. I can't remember if we were grouped during that fight or not, but you were certainly there in the midst.

None the less, I'd certainly welcome the presence of you and your friends to the Warhammer server we enter--whether it be as a guildmate, alliancemate, or simply a realmmate. The bottom line is that we want a mature guild with good friends that work well together. That is what gave us such a strong community in DAoC, and that is what we want again in Warhammer.

Look forward to seeing you soon, Hasil!
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Cleon wrote:You always played really odd hours, as did we,
Haha -- funny you say that. I'm EST as are (and were) you, I think -- just stayed up far too late :)
Cleon wrote:One battle I remember intensely in the PoC entrance when we slaughtered a full gank group from Hib
Hahaha! Funny how you don't remember things until someone jogs your memory :)

I forget when you left, but I'm thinking you were still playing when I began to run Mid -- though perhaps you'd already departed.

Funny seeing all the familiar names in the listing of members and in posts here, too -- I remember many, I need to say "hi" in some posts when I have a moment :)

Thanks for the welcome, and can't wait to be playing WAR with everyone real soon! Six months, I'm, thinking, if they stay on schedule...

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I was CST, but I worked weird shifts, so I played Euro hours "most" of the time. Rest of the guild, I think they were just suffering from insomnia.

Of course, I'm toootally innocent of that dysfunction...

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Hai Kestrel! :D I was wondering if you were one of hte like 8 ppl in KoV when i Joined hte guild (at lvl 5 :P) and Cleon was lvl 45ish or so. I wish i had my old hard drive so I could find out who all of those ppl were.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I believe you're thinking about Khaun or Palnud.

Kestrel was in a guild within our alliance.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Rythok

Post by Rythok »

Hey, I was there when Hildace joined! I think... at least I know I remember Cleon being lvl 45.

By the way, hello guys. Been a while.
DAoC - Percival: Rythok Ballantine, lvl 50 armsman; Terendir, lvl 40something mercenary.
WoW - Lightninghoof: Rythok, level 70 warrior. Rivendare: Burninatör, level 70 priest.
WAR - Pheonix Throne: Rythok, Chaos Chosen.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I thought my experience in DAOC was funny those days.

I was the second cleric on Percival to reach 45.

Then I decided to take some time to establish our guild and work with some growth development.

I didn't level again for another 4 months. Ended up being the 9th level 50 Cleric, or so, if I'm remembering correctly.

Story of my life in MMORPG's, haha.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Heya Hildace, Rythok. I was in the three guilds listed in my sig. -- Sacred Brotherhood for a long time, then ppl started going away and I played my stealther mostly and was in my own guild (just me and my alts), and the after about a year off I ran with some players in a gank guild for a few years (Ascendency and Solarius).

Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:I believe you're thinking about Khaun or Palnud.

Kestrel was in a guild within our alliance.
Ehe It has been a while. I guess i sorta remember Palnud...was he a dps caster? and maybe Khaun...maybe a cleric? lol It has been so long.
Amalgrimm

Post by Amalgrimm »

Hasil my brother in the shadows..its Zen ;)

How you been man? Saw a bright wizard named Kestral running around during preview weekend and immediately wondered if it was you. If it was, i was the sorceress who kept blowing you up at that dwarf PQ :lol:

Hope to see you in game...its been ages and we had too many good times to count!
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Heya man -- just saw your other post that you bumped as well, I hadn't looked back that far before. Kestral wasn't me -- I'm destro all the way ;) I need to make sure I grab all my names from day one to lock down the imposters!

See you in WAR, very soon ;)