The new guy

This is the place to let us know who you are and what you're all about. If you're an old-timer, feel free to catch us up on what's been going on in your life, gaming or otherwise.
Ottcarl

The new guy

Post by Ottcarl »

Hi all! You've probably seen a lot of me lately and wonder who the f this guy is. I'm new to the guild and only know (as much as I hate to admit in public) Denauticus. I'm one of those veteran "WoW lamers" and have only 3+ years of MMO experience under my belt but most of it done on what Blizzard like to refer to as a PvP server and lots and lots of BG play. I played just about every class to 40 with 3 classes to 70 (what better way to get to know your enemies weakness....) . My rogue was by far my favorite and the one I was on the most.

The amount of time that I can commit to this game is pretty unpredictable. My g/f has a job that requires her to travel. Sometimes it's for weeks at a time each month and then there are times when she's home all the time. Tuesday night's my night, or as she likes to call it: "Internet girlfriend night". Sometimes I sneak in an hour or 2 here and there but I'm sure you all know how "significant other aggro can be". So, like this week, you'll see me on all the time and then hardly ever next week. When she's gone, I eat, sleep and breath the game.

Other then that, my daughter, my g/f, my 3 dogs and of course work keep me busy and WAR is sometimes the perfect escape.
Ottcarl - Marauder
Sekrit - Witch
Porkchoppa - Black Orc
Adaar

Re: The new guy

Post by Adaar »

Welcome to the Family Ottcarl, I myself enjoyed the Rogue class in WoW. Although with there being so many on my server around BC, I never got to get any good gear for him (just kara geared). I myself am an altoholic. So I'll have plenty of characters to level with you during your stay with the Kindred.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Ottcarl

Post by Ottcarl »

I'm really saddened to see the changes they're making to the class in the upcoming expansion. Let's face it, WoW is about PvE no matter what they want to say with PvP as an after thought. Making the rogue a viable PvP class and making them lose their utility in PvE is a bad decision IMO. Anyway, I didn't too too bad, here's how I was geared:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... atingnomes

A lot of time spent with Denauticus and Ogiboo (new guy that's applying) running heroic instances to grind some of that gear. Farming Kara with some Gruul sprinkled in here and there and a ton of BGs. 99% of the time, the 3 of us were better geared then the class leaders of the guilds we did tours with.

I have so much keyboard time as a rogue I thought that I would have rolled a witch as my main but somehow made the last minute decision to go with the Marauder. So bear with me if you see me sneaking off to backstab (oh yeah, I love that the marauder has that) and just remind me that I'm not stealthed ;)
Ottcarl - Marauder
Sekrit - Witch
Porkchoppa - Black Orc
Donkipunx

Post by Donkipunx »

I'll throw myself in here, since I also know these two (Ott and Den.)

It's their fault I'm here anyways, they got me into WoW, though I came here of my own volition.

Playing History:
I watched some people play EQ.
Then some of the DAoC people I worked with (Den, and his cronies) got me hooked into WoW.
I've been hooked on that ever since.
I first rolled a NE Hunter (didn't we all.)
Then I discovered my true calling, and went Horde.
There was a need for tanks on the server, so I went Orc Warrior.
Got into a relatively progressed guild on one of the more intense PvP servers (Mal'ganis)
Continued tanking as my main through Burning Crusade, and eventually found myself in the Black Temple.

The tanking got boring though.
So I rolled a Paladin, and then I started PvPing.
As much as I hated PvP on my Prot Warrior, and as much fun as it wasn't, the Holy Paladin was completely opposite.
I found I enjoyed PvP (hell I stuck with it enough, to play casually, and still pick up almost my whole S2 set.)

So here I am, and that's why I picked the Zealot.
A litte survivability, a little bit of face melting, and a lot of healing power.

I look forward to keeping you all alive, as action points allow.
Iknod - Zealot
Blumpa - Squigherder
Xarci - Sorceress