Oponn - the shaman of dooomm.. errr... heals!

This is the place to let us know who you are and what you're all about. If you're an old-timer, feel free to catch us up on what's been going on in your life, gaming or otherwise.
Oponn

Oponn - the shaman of dooomm.. errr... heals!

Post by Oponn »

Hello everyone! I'm new around here, but I remember KoV from back in the day. :D

My name is Rachel, and I am Oponn's player. I'm a 29 year old mom in the Dallas metro. I was originally pulled into MMOs by my husband, in college. We played Asheron's Call for a bit, but DAoC was really my first MMO I spent any amount of time in. My first character was Gwerral, the mace mercenary, on Albion Percival. I later levelled up a reaver, Dyree, and a theurgist, Delaraviel. Dela was my favorite character for RvR. I found that I am a lot better as a caster where I can sit back a ways and see what's going on than being in the thick of it as a melee. And there is just something about getting killspam as an earth theurgist... :lol:

Guild wise, I was mostly in a series of RP guilds. I started out in Sisterhood of Faith, a very small guild that fell apart after a bit. I joined Twilight Society after being robbed by Cairo in Camelot. I was with them until I followed Solice to the guild that doesn't exist. There I stayed until Gwaeni finally convinced me to join VV. I think I'm still a co-GM there. I stopped playing DAoC after Catacombs.. maybe the next expansion? I don't remember.

WoW... Ugh. What a time sink. I played Dyree, a undead warlock, on Medivh at release for a year or maybe two. My guild didn't quite get through MC before blowing up twice. I took a while off before some real life friends convinced me to roll alliance with them on a PvP server. I played a feral druid this time. After a while, my husband and I got sick of being on a PvP server, so we transfered to Whisperwind to play with some other real life friends (Vallish and Lorelei). That guild finished MC and was just starting BWL when BC was getting ready to come out and then blew up. We took the free transfer to Zangarmarsh and merged with another guild. Our current progress is 3/whatever in MH and 1/whatever in BT. I've cancelled my account today and feel so much better for it. :mrgreen:

I've done short stints in SWG and City of Villians, but nothing as lasting as DAoC and WoW.

Dyree is generally the name I've carried through other MMOs (the reaver was perfectly happy to be a warlock, but was punished by the gods and reincarnated as a nightelf. She was not a very happy druid.), but she just didn't fit a little green gobo. Oponn hasn't found his personality yet, but I'm sure he'll tell me when he figures it out.
Dabashin

Re: Oponn - the shaman of dooomm.. errr... heals!

Post by Dabashin »

Despite whatever impressions this post gives, we didn't kill all those WoW guilds! They fell apart on their own. Well, except for that one, which I might have helped kill. With a hammer. But it deserved it. It was talking smack about my cat.
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Despite whatever impressions this post gives, we didn't kill all those WoW guilds! They fell apart on their own. Well, except for that one, which I might have helped kill. With a hammer. But it deserved it. It was talking smack about my cat.
Dont worry. I have participated in many guilds, from small to big and some equally as successful. Guild dynamics change over time and what they once started out as are not always what people wanted them to end as. Kindred is an awesome guild with a mix of experienced players and some fresh blood to join the ranks. I look forward to seeing you and your wife on the battlefield.

ps. Watch out for Sicyn, he's a suspect character.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I have personally watched Denauticus blow up more than one guild...so don't feel bad. ;) It all starts with a trip to the woods.... :P
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

And.. just what happens in this trip to the woods.. and how do you know about it, Sicyn.. :shock:
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I still have nightmares!
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

You knows whats funny... in each of those guilds Sicyn was in as well.

Plot thickens!....

ps. Rav the woods... well, fist you need a healer and since your here... where are the woods? Damn the 100 acre woods.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

Hey now! No woods and no to me following you in them!
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.