Clanen, Svetka, etc...

This is the place to let us know who you are and what you're all about. If you're an old-timer, feel free to catch us up on what's been going on in your life, gaming or otherwise.
Clanen

Clanen, Svetka, etc...

Post by Clanen »

Hi, my name is Clanen, I'm an alt addict.

I started MMOs back in the early days of EQ (exactly 30 days after launch, to be exact), though had been a MUD junky for some time, and was apparently born with an RPG in my hands. The role-playing game kind, nothing to do with rockets; that came later. I love the social interaction of a living, breathing world where you just run into people everywhere, much like real life. One of these days, an MMO will actually work that is truly persistant and doesn't involve the same monsters simply respawning over and over again, and I'll be truly happy.

I really, absolutely and truly fell in love with Everquest for being sucking me into an immersion I'd never experienced before. Sometimes I really wish Everquest hadn't been released til we had the technology and MMO standardization that we do today; if it had, it'd truly be something. Having been around almost 10 years, Everquest still remains the king of content, and I still have yet to see PvE raiding come even close to EQs. However, after 6 years, it's no small surprise I needed something new and found my newer and truer love... Dark Age of Camelot. Having competing sides that actually encounter each other and fight over keeps in seige warfare... I still drool just reliving the first experiences I had in open RvR (which isn't to playdown all the extreme fun of the battleground keeps, it just took it to a whole new level). Then, a little monster named "Trials of Atlantis" came along and started scaring away the local populace. I really didn't have too much trouble with ToA, though it really did add a whole new dimension to grinding, but the population did start decreasing by large amounts and it just didn't feel the same again after. I did come back for Catacombs and the um... minotaur one, but only briefly as the game felt like a ghost of its former self. After experimenting and playing other games down the line, finally, I feel that feeling I had at the beginning of EQ and DAoC with Warhammer - I'm at the start of something bold, new, exciting... and brutal!

Why did I tell you all this? No clue, I just can't ever shut up. It might have to do with wanting you to know why I'm here, how I can relate to the love for DAoC and how excited I am to be a part of this truly evolutional chapter in gaming history... so, yeah, I'm serious about this game and youz stuck wif me now!

So, need to knows:
I love all aspects of this game, including the PvE, the exploration, the finding hidden little things all over, the book to track my completionist obsessions, the RvR that made me love pvp again (hated it before and after DAoC), the lore, the seiges, the little rats that explode from one nuke and keep me in combat long enough to keep morale building... I'm a true alt-addict, having 10 characters on my old server (Badlands), 6 of them over level 10, 1 over 20 and 6 here, 1 over 20, 4 approaching 10 quickly.

My "true" main is my Black Orc on Badlands, duo'd with Lex's Zealot, but I really hate the thought of logging in over there. So until I can convince Lex that restarting his Zealot over here is a small task compared to where we're gonna be years from now in this game, or Mythic allows paid character transfers and I have to catch my Chosen up to his Zealot (it just makes more RP sense and we've both got story ideas that really need to be fleshed out).... I'm enjoying the hell out of my Sorc, both by itself for all its juicy boominess, as well as part of a duo that really devastates anything that gets in our way.

I have a four-man/woman alt-team that is encompassing all my crafting needs that are all levelling together and keeping RR to the same level as their regular rank. Right now their only 6/7 but that's due to personnel changes that I think have finally been hammered out. Think that's enough alts for me at the moment.

Understanding that the guild has needs, and I have an obligation to help them in some fashion, I'll also be starting a new "main-alt" soon so that I can have that extra character that can fill a needed gap in the ranks when the time comes. But... I'm really enjoying what I'm doing now, and everyone's still doing the new thing as well, so that'll happen when it needs to.

Things I'd like to accomplish:
- Conquer all the dungeons with a level appropriate group (taking a 40 sorc into Seccellum isn't a challenge)
- Completely fill the knowledge book for one toon (impossible task, but still a strong desire)
- Lead a successful keep seige (with a warband or two that actually treats it as a military operation would add a lot)
- Get a "knowledge group" of a static-group of six players that all start together, and do every quest, PQ, scenario, location unlock and dungeon together for one realm. To satisfy my needs, it would really need at least three people since I know how impossible it would be to get six people that can keep the same schedule for as long as it would take to do so. Also, we'd have to bleed out into other realms at least to level since one realm doesn't offer enough xp to get through to the next tier (except tier 1).
- Get a character to Rank 40/RR 80
- Take Altdorf and paint the streets with blood.

That's me, welcome to my hell....