introduction / acquaintance or general inquiry

This is the place to let us know who you are and what you're all about. If you're an old-timer, feel free to catch us up on what's been going on in your life, gaming or otherwise.
ziwobob

introduction / acquaintance or general inquiry

Post by ziwobob »

So i was kind of bored today, got to talking to some old DaOC buddies about the origins servers that might be coming up, went to the stars game ( we won) got fucked up and got to thinking i really want to play a good MMO again. I havenet played an MMO since my senior year in HS, almost 3 years ago. After talking to Yates that the origins servers on DAOC might not be a possibility. The next option i had, was wondering what my old buddies of KoV were doing. I'm almost done with my undergrad, but bored out of my mind... i havn't heard good things about WAR online but with the right people i would be willing to try it.

At any rate im interested in what some of the people i've know for the longer of my gaming career are doing.

Ziwobob/Marantz
Vinleaded

Re: introduction / acquaintance or general inquiry

Post by Vinleaded »

We don't know each other, but if you're interested in trying it out you might be able to find a copy at Circuit City for about $20. That is, if they haven't completely closed by now.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

We are still here just playing Warhammer. Most of the crew has merged with another guild for membership number and our aliance was sparce on numbers as well. If you want more info please feel free to message me.
Never give up its not an option.
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I recall the name somewhat. I was Miq, a paladin on Percival. Alot of us are here on Phenoix Throne(server/destruction) having a good time, specially since the guild merger. If you want, try out the 10 day trail and see what WAR is all about.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

Ziwobob is good people. Think he was a member of KoV toward the end of his DAoC days.
Brok

Post by Brok »

Yeah I remember Ziwobob, there is a trial like somene posted. That will give you a feel for the game. You can open RvR and do scenarios at any tier during prime time. Off-hours lower tiers are not as busy. It is pretty easy to get to level 15 and you can just use renown gear and talisman since that stuff is solid at low tiers. Getting to 20 doesn't take much longer.

There is rested xp and it makes a big differene while leveling. I'd start 2 characters since how characters devlop/pan out can be different than what you envision. Starting 2 will mean you will probably like 1 of them and continye with it.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus