Rippa

Fed up with your game? Need a vacation? Do you have wife-aggro? Did you cheat and claim your account was hacked to save face? Whatever your excuse--hey, let us know when you're going to be gone for an extended period of time. Post here for excused absences!
Rippa

Rippa

Post by Rippa »

Hey All,

I'm going to opt for a WAR break as well. I love the game but I'm going to wait for them to fix some of the end-game elements that make it a shade south of stellar. From what I've seen from this dev team, I'm confidant they'll fix things but if I stay while they do it, I'm sure I'll become bored and I don't want that to happen.

Once ORvR is more dynamic and meaningful (preferably at ALL tiers) and once they fix the broken contribution system and relevancy of drops from instances, I plan to be back with a vengeance. Hopefully it will only take them a month of two to iron out the kinks but until then, I'll still be on the forums catching up on everything going on.

In the meantime, I'm going back to a game I love for it's dynamic and comprehensive Group RvR, Solo PvP and Economic game mechanics.

If anyone has been wanting to give this game a try, drop me a line. I play a Pirate on the Antigua server and I'm looking to roll a Spanish or French Free Trader on Defiant.

So it's not good bye, I'll just see you once I get back to port. ;)

In the meantime, YARR!!!!!!!!

Rippa - R 40, RR 34 Black Orc
Stixus - R 22, RR 19 Sorcerer
Kestrel_Trebor

Re: Rippa

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Rippa :(

Knew it, by the way. You know when you see an MMO players who is on a lot, then suddenly not -- that something is up ;) I know stuff was frustrating you as well.

Hope to see you soon. I hear they're adding a 3rd side to WAR in January, by the way -- gonna be Pirates.
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Rippa

Post by Rippa »

Don't toy with me black heart ya scalawag! Twould bring a tear to me one good eye if I could sail the waves killing High Elves and Empire a like. Aye, glorious day!
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

BOOOOO!

sigh this is happening way to often these days. Everyone is displeased with the game.

Have fun Rippa - Hopefully you will change your mind when some of the issues get resolved.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Elneiros

Post by Elneiros »

I am checking that game out...............................just started the download.
Rippa

Post by Rippa »

Awesome. A word to the wise, steer clear of "red zones" until you get a good feel for the ocean combat and even then, prepare to lose your ship and anything in your cargo hold.

Those are ports that are under contention. At first only Pirates can attack unwary players who enter the area as the controlling nation is unable to protect it's shipping lines. If the port is under contention long enough, it becomes a full scale war zone with the competing national factions fighting in the heart of the zone and Pirates like me patrolling the edges looking for wounded prey ;)

As soon as you log in, hit the "M" key and check for red zones. Also do this anytime before you leave port just to be safe but you'll normaly know if your port is under attack by all the local chat.

If you ever find yourself in trouble, put the wind to your back with fullsail. Use any speed buffs you have and you should be able to get away, especially from the bigger warships.