Application: Grrrump & Fellow Dragon Bites - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Strumiker

Application: Grrrump & Fellow Dragon Bites - APPROVED

Post by Strumiker »

If it's appropriate, I would like to apply on behalf of a few guild mates from our guild in EverQuest 2. The others that would like to come with me (Grrrump - Shaman) are: Circee (WE, and my wife), Sorkath (Chosen), and Jezela (Sorc). We originally rolled on Skavenblight, made it to mid 20's and found the server to be very lacking in the RvR area. In the last couple of days, we rerolled here and it's a whole new game. So far, we are only low teens since we just rerolled.

If each of my guildmates need to apply, let me know and I'll send them here :)

Name you prefer to be called:
Strum/Strumiker

Age you plan to act:
I'm 28 and will act accordingly... not that age is a good thing to judge by ;P

Time Zone you play rather than live:
Central - usually 7:30PM till whenever on the weekdays. Randomly throughout the day on the weekends.

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for:
EQ, DAoC, AC, AC2, EQ2, EvE... and many others.

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of:
Guild Leader of Dragon Bites from EverQuest 2, have taken our leave and assigned the proper people :)

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled:
Yar

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us?):
None, from doing guild searches from Warhammeralliance.com and the VNBoards.

"Being killed by other players," experience:
Played a Firby Bard in DAoC beta and died alot :) It's part of these games and enjoy the challenge.

"Arguing over loot," experience:
I never had any of these sort of problems. My wife and I were in a WoW guild that did DKP and honestly that caused more harm than good. In my EQ2 guild Dragon Bites, we all had the mindset of helping everyone equally and never had a need for any loot system.

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ?
How about a "plunge" in IQ :P My wife and I enjoy gaming and I would like to think it shows. We are both very kind hearted when it comes to fellow guildmates and to others fighting to good fight.
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application: Grrrump & Fellow Dragon Bites

Post by Cleon »

Well, first of all, Strum, welcome to Phoenix Gate, and the Kindred forums.

I am glad to have you all with us in the realm, and in my humble opinion, you've made the most amazing choice joining this server.

We have a community on both Order and Destruction that we've brought with us here (well over 2000 people), from previous games, and that is why our server is so strong and competitive. The best of the best are on Phoenix Throne, and we've both fought and allied with the majority of those found herein. Such makes for a wonderful, tight-knit community with all of the networked guilds involved who have historys.

Anyhow, with that said, your other members would not need to apply. Anytime I work with a mergering situation, I would make you the official representing your family, and responsible for adding your known members in-game. Your petition alone is valid for them all, especially since you've mentioned their names--which is a real help, since I keep a hand-written track record of every member that joins our guild.

I have nothing against smaller mergers such as this, as it will only help us jump-start toward reaching our desired capacity, and from the looks of things, you guys are very mature, balanced, and probably play very well together.

In order for me to make my final judgement call, I will need to speak with you, and whoever else may be interested, in ventrilo chat.

I would like for you to send a text message to me at 256-267-6363 stating when you can be in vent, or simply call that number and speak with me over the phone if you like, and I can substitute that as our ventrilo conversation. I will be on and off periodically throughout the day due to work, and that is the best way to catch me at the moment.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and yours can bring to the family, and if you've read our descriptions, then you know what we're about and have to offer. We want a family operation here, and each member should feel at home. Just please don't bring drama, if you have any existant, from there to here. We're highly sceptical of drama issues, and non-tolerant of them.

Everything looks good from what I can tell, and I'm just waiting for your text or call.

Thanks in advance.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

After our ventrilo conversation, I must say I'm overly impressed.

I'm looking forward to a very long term relationship with you all.

Dragon Bites are now welcomed into our ranks.

Welcome home to each of you!

APPROVED

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Lynnx Holyfield

Re: Application: Grrrump & Fellow Dragon Bites - APPROVED

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

Also - I'll be in game in a moment, so if you are needing invites - just message Ravenia.
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Cleon wrote:Well, first of all, Strum, welcome to Phoenix Gate, and the Kindred forums.
Cleon means, "Phoenix Throne". He's been doing this a lot lately. :D
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application: Grrrump & Fellow Dragon Bites - APPROVED

Post by Cleon »

I just can't get it right.

:lol:

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]