Application - Clanen/Svetka - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Clanen

Application - Clanen/Svetka - APPROVED

Post by Clanen »

Application:

Name you prefer to be called: Clanen, though currently my main on this server is Svetka.

Age you plan to act: 30ish, unless I really have to pee, then 80ish with diapers.

Time Zone you play rather than live: Usually mountain, but insomnia bouts can swing that either way

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for: Yes. Really, all of them. I've played just about every pay-to-play MMO ever devised (and a few horrible freebies). All the Blizzard RTS titles, Hellgate: London, Heroes of Might and Magic, etc. MMOs I loved the most were Everquest (for the newness of it all) and DAoC (for making RvR a reality).

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of: Guild Leader when no one else would (Everquest, "Murder of Crows", Tunare server 99-03, transfered briefly to Earth and Beyond). Craft Squad Leader (Warhammer, "All out Assault", Badlands server '08, simply for posting that I was doing talisman crafting).

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled: Yes. Vent is better than kittens.

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us?): Lexincrypt (or whatever he's going to register with here), he's currently playing Socold the DoK. Allomein on Badlands server, former guild leader. No references from inside the guild; became aware of you through Cleon's posts on warhammeralliance and in scenarios with various members.

"Being killed by other players," experience: As a sorc, it's not so bad... half the time I'm killing myself anyway, so if they're in range, I'll just take as many down with me as I go. As my black orc, this question is irrelevant.

"Arguing over loot," experience: I gave up caring about loot a long time ago when I saw, as a guild leader, what it was truly capable of doing to people. I will always upgrade my gear when given the opportunity, but I also see that anyone in my guild getting an upgrade is an upgrade to the guild. Don't worry, I'm not this forgiving with everything...

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ? Rice pudding, loyalty and body lice. I'm self-motivated and don't need hand holding, even with things I don't know a lot about; I prefer to learn by experience (like trying to tank Secellum at 13). I understand this is a game, first and foremost. I play to win, every time, but never lose sight of the fact that it's not really playing if it's not fun. I also bring a pocket healer. And some people think I'm funny, on occassion.

edit: figured I'd mention I have a link for LFG on Warhammeralliance.com, gives more insight to my personality, if you wish to see it... http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... p?t=141878
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application - Clanen/Svetka

Post by Cleon »

Hello Clanen, and welcome to the Kindred forums.

I can't say I'm anything short of impressed with your application. Everything you've posted, especially on warhammer alliance, is very well constructed and thought out.

It seems you are serious about finding the right family, and quite honestly, we're serious about finding the right members.

You have lots of experience, and I find that very appealing with any applicant; but more importantly, you have declared a sense of maturity that exceeds the level of expectations these days--similar to the majority of our members.

We always put ourselves at potential risk when we open recruitment to unknown individuals; but with that said, our core has dwelt together for many years, and we know how to weed out the corrupt fruit when it emerges--without a second thought.

In essence, really seem like a quality applicant, and I believe I would be making a mistake if I hesitated to extend to you a welcoming arm.

If you are still interested in joining this family of crazys, then I would like to know briefly what made you choose us over other potential guilds on Phoenix Throne.

Upon receipt of your message, I will make my final decision.

Thanks, Clanen. Looking forward to becoming acquainted with you, and most importantly--no matter what you decide--welcome to Phoenix Throne!
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Clanen

Post by Clanen »

Wow, Clanen, I clicked EDIT instead of QUOTE.

Very sorry, but I wrote over all of your post by mistake.

Curse the Powers of Mod!

Nonetheless, perhaps it was God's will.

I'll see if I can retrieve it from the archive.

-Cleon
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Clanen, you've once again outdone yourself. It's getting to the point where I almost anticipate wanting to read something you write. I would be inclined to say there might be a little literary guru in your bones--quite possibly in your career as well.

Generally, when we have an applicant that brings a close friend or family member in proximity, we will trust the judgment of that applicant, and make the petition valued on behalf of them both. At the same time, however, while I understand that everyone is independent in both responsibility and action, I also want the potential members to take responsibility of their judgments. As a result, your recommendation will be key if ever we have issues with your friend, and I will tend to bring it to your attention first to be handled. I will micro-manage if I have to, but I will obviously cater to the clean-cut methods first for time's sake.

The good news I have to offer you on Phoenix Throne is the community. In attempt to not boast the guild exceedingly, I will simply say we were ultimately responsible for the acquisition of well over 1200 players on Phoenix Throne--both Order and Destruction--whom we've either played with or against in times past in previous gaming titles--now carrying on the tradition. We started advertising and collecting many guilds and alliances long ago, and coordinated bringing the ones we liked to Phoenix Throne. To top it off, Slaight and Gislim (now alliance officers) also begin to assist us late in the stages, and brought another 400 players to the table. I apologize for the queue times, but I hope you enjoy the fruitful population at all hours.

Perhaps you didn't hit the ground running on Phoenix Throne, but there's nothing to worry about. Many new people are continuing to trickle in over time as friends and comrades realize that Warhammer is the right choice. You're not going to be far left behind--if at all--and will probably even surpass myself quickly since I take my time in much preparation of things other than leveling.

I wouldn't expect you to have any ill will toward any considerations you've made. Some of the guilds you listed are top-quality, and I can speak from experience that you wouldn't go wrong in the least bit with them. In the end, if your desires do not match up with their qualifications, then things just won't work out--plain and simple. Bottom line is plainly finding where you fit best, and joining yourself as that lost piece of a puzzle in order to find completion. Dark Kindred still has some vacancies needing filled, and if you are capable of fitting more securely in that vacancy than anywhere or anyone else, then by all means, connect--for sake of us both!

You will discover that we want members to feel at home, and treated fairly here, regardless how long they have been members--whether 5 days or 5 years. It has been my experience to make everyone feel equally important and appreciated. Some contributors may bring more to the table than others, but in no wise should that ever cause personal favoritism or deprive anyone of the respect they deserve individually. I hope and expect that when you make your home with us, you will be at home forever to come. There are reasons why February, 2009, will be our 14th year online, and how I hope we celebrate our 20th anniversary online in 2015--reasons being our wonderful members; plain and simple.

I appreciate the time you've taken to respond clearly and precisely to every detail. I am indeed forward with much, and very direct. I see no need to beat around the bush, and I've found it just as easy to make a fool out of a fool as it is to sing praises to someone who's praiseworthy. Your verbal quality has some fight too, and I would certainly enjoy reading a story or poem of yours at some point--don't be shy, I know you've written a few; if not many.

I certainly don't want you to feel intimidated by your perceptions of me, as you will find even in the guild ranks, my amazing and top quality title of "uber" proportions is nothing more than, "Secret Servant." I tend to be quite laid back and humbled above all, and I want everyone to fulfill one common goal: have fun in a professional, friendly, mature, clean, and team-minded manner. If we cannot have fun in a game, then what is the purpose of delving into our virtual, alternately relative lifestyle?

I must say I am excited, for lack of better words, to see your application's choice and descriptions overall. I'm much looking forward to getting acquainted with you and your friend in due season. If you'd accept, then I would like to extend a formal invitation for you both to thrive within our ranks.

I dub this petition acceptable with all grace. Welcome to the Kindred story. Now, let's write history together!

APPROVED!
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Clanen

Re: Application - Clanen/Svetka - APPROVED

Post by Clanen »

Huzzah! I'll be in touch shortly on vent to wrap of loose ends on the joining and such. You do realize, that with as wordy as we both are, if we ever find cause to debate (and I'm sure we will), the website will need extra bandwidth for that discussion alone...

Thank you, most kindly. I look forward to filling the shoes of those who left before me, walking along side those who are with me, and training those who will hold my place in the line upon my last breath.