Application - Makisupah - Witch Elf - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Kelltick

Application - Makisupah - Witch Elf - APPROVED

Post by Kelltick »

Application:
(Please copy and paste this application into your introductory post.)

Name you prefer to be called:
I'll answer to any one of three of my gaming monikers - Dexter(or Dex), Kelltick, or Makisupah - Dex, Kell, or Kelltick seem to be the best as they're the easiest for people to say and I'm used to hearing them moreso than Makisupah.

Age you plan to act:
I'm 32 years young.

Time Zone you play rather than live:
I live in CST, but my hours tend towards PST. Always been a night owl.

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for:
Those I've played seriously are City of Heroes/Villains and WoW. I've also played a little of Eve, EQII, AoC, D&DO, and LOTRO.

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of:
The only time I was an officer of any guild was for a brief period in WoW. This was relatively recently, and only lasted for a short while until I amicably stepped down due to my realization that I wasn't enjoying the game and my fellow guildmates company as much as I should be/always have.

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled:
I spend more time in vent than I do in-game! :mrgreen:

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us?):
Unfortunately, I do not know anyone in the guild; however, I did read your post on the Warhammer Alliance forums, and briefly perused this site, and this guild sounds like exactly what I look for in a guild: friendly, mature, laid-back and respectful gamers looking to have fun and hang out with like-minded people.

"Being killed by other players," experience:
Well, I play a Witch Elf - my motto is "I'm taking that healer/Bright Wizard to hell with me!". I know I'm dead meat but as long as a clothie dies with me...advantage Destruction! :twisted: That being said, I do love to PvP/RvR, no matter the win/loss ratio for the evening. This game is all about the RvR; if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't be playing! :mrgreen:

"Arguing over loot," experience:
Only real loot argument I've ever been in was in WoW (go figure, eh? :lol: ). The guild had been using a DKP system, and as much as I don't care for those styles of loot distribution, it was working for us, aside from the usual wasted gear that comes with those styles. A few officers wanted to switch to a loot council, and we were split relatively evenly over making the switch or not. The cases for both sides had valid points, and surprisingly I found myself arguing for keeping the DKP system, as I was not too privy on whom would comprise the council, nor on the stated metrics for deciding whom would receive gear over another. In the end, we made the switch on a trial basis, with a council that was for their part fair and transparent, and in the end it worked out for the best, making the switch permanent with little to no drama over the decisions made, and a far lower rate of wasted gear.

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ?
Besides a fun and helpful attitude, I'm a numbers guy (read:theorycrafter). I enjoy learning every possible intricacy of my chosen class and finding ways to maximize my potential for my role, be it healing, tanking, killing, support, what-have-you. As my friends can attest to, I'm known for taking "lesser" classes/specs and making them into demigods. For example, in WoW, my first 70 was a Boomkin, and I was that spec from 1-70. Anyone with experience in that game knows that boomers have to really prove themselves to be deemed raid-worthy, and even then it's an uphill struggle to maintain said raid spot. Not only did I change many peoples opinions about the spec, but I routinely placed in the Top 5 of the WWS reports (web-based combat log parser that is far more accurate than any in-game meter) - and this was all the way through Illidan kills.

A little more about me - I live in the midwest, and am currently a full-time student. About 2 years ago I got out of the finance industry (talk about timing ;) ) and enrolled in an IT program. I have a few other buddies I've gamed with for 10 years or so now who are also looking for a home in Warhammer. Out of the bunch, I'm one of the few who are neither married nor with kids. As I mentioned, we're all looking for a guild to call home in Warhammer, and I know two of them have also read your post on Warhammer Alliance and are of the same mind as me - this is right up our alley. We all enjoy meeting new gaming buddies, we all enjoy having fun in a game, we're all respectful of others and expect the same respectful atmosphere and attitude we ourselves have, and from what I've seen and read so far, I think Dark Kindred will be a perfect fit!

On top of my 24 Witch Elf(Makisupah), I also have a 22 Zealot(Kelltick) who started as my main character, but I made the switch when I couldn't put up with that absolute pain that soloing a healer is when my buds were offline. I'll eventually play the Zealot to 40, but once I tasted the bloodshed that only a Witch Elf can bring, I was hooked! :twisted:
Makisupah - 40 Witch Elf (18/4/3)
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application - Makisupah - Witch Elf

Post by Cleon »

Hello, Dex, and welcome to the Kindred forums.

It doesn't seem the quality of applicants is decreasing at all lately. I keep telling myself to close membership for awhile since we've recently added a good portion of newer members to the family upon joining Warhammer; but individuals like yourself keep applying, and it makes me feel as though we'd rob ourselves of a great opportunity.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading over your petition, and found your past experiences pretty interesting. Seems you and your friends are looking for a long-term family to provide shelter for you and bring you in out of the cold. We're interested in mature, and professionally mannered members who just want to enjoy what the gaming hobby has to offer--relaxation and competition in the fantasy realm of our lives.

I count it an honor to run into more people searching for that same environment that we were searching for when we originally created the family back in 1995--we've not looked anywhere else since.

The Kindred is our home, and every member should feel that sense of warmth when they log in--knowing they are appreciated regardless of their contribution or obligations. Upon reviewing the information I have on you, assuming your friends are anything similar, I feel you guys would be a great fit, and I would enjoy giving you that opportunity. I see no foul in your application, and your amazing descriptiveness alleviates any questions I would have had.

Provided you are still interested, I will take it upon myself to dip the K-pen into the dark ink, and place the following word upon this green slip...

"APPROVED"
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Kelltick

Re: Application - Makisupah - Witch Elf - APPROVED

Post by Kelltick »

Thank you for the kind words!

I am definitely still interested in joining, even moreso the more time I have to read further what the members have added to these forums!

I look forward to getting to know everyone, or as many as I can, having fun, and stomping Order face into a slippery pulp with which to grease the wheels of our battering rams! :twisted:
Kelltick

Re: Application - Makisupah - Witch Elf - APPROVED

Post by Kelltick »

P.S. Who should I contact in-game regarding the invite?