reappling to DK - Van - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Vanhusen

reappling to DK - Van - APPROVED

Post by Vanhusen »

Hello all.

Im reapplying back into DK for many reasons and I feel that I should explain why I left. I take full responsibility for the actions that I did and didnt think that the backfire would be like this but it is what it is. Ive been with you guys for along time back in daoc, 6 years or so, but at times everyone makes mistake, unfortunately, I made a big big one. The reason I left and probably not the best is that at the time I was getting really fustrated with the game, people telling me that im not playing my class right, or i need to do this or that. It really bothered me quite a bit, usually it doesnt, but it just did this time. Also I got caught up in the whole trying to lvl fast and catch up to everyone. So that night, out of pure fustration, stress from real life, I deleted all the toons and made a witch hunter. Didnt play much after that, I felt guilty, sad, fustrated again, and in the proccess I hurt alot of you guys and im very very sorry about that. I truely didnt mean to and I know how I went about it was totally wrong. Lastnight I delete that wh and came back to destruction and made a shaman and didnt listen to the nonsayers.. MY SHAMAN can dps lol. The reason I came back was that I wanted to be part of the family again, I missed the friendship that is among the guild, I miss the charter, the jokes, the good and bad times. After ta;ling with daeth lastnight, I felt tons better and he understood what I was going through. So all in all, im asking for a second chance to be with dk. Till the end of times, I wont be going nowhere, I know I can talk to you guys about my problems with the game instead of doing drastic things like I did. I know what I did was completely stupid, immature, and most of all disrespectful.

Cleon-I know I hurt you by leaving, been together for sometime. Im very sorry friend. I made a mistake that will never happen again
Daeth- Thank you for taking your time out to talk with me lastnight. It really helped.
For everyone else. Im very sorry that ive hurt you. I hope we can move forward from this and become stronger.
If Im accepted back, Stone throwing at 1:00pm at IC (apex), just not in my face. Wanna keep the ugliness.

If possible, respon back. like to hear back of what ya think. :):)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: reappling to DK - Van

Post by Sicyn »

Yeah, you need to remember it's your 15 bucks a month (or whatever the price is) so you play the game your way and enjoy your time! There are quite a few turds on this server (which is disappointing) who are always yelling in scenarios about how everyone should play (I'm not talking about teaching/leading...I'm talking about berating). Ignore them or reprimand them. :)

It's easy to get sucked into the "rush to 40" and let that suck the life out of your enjoyment. It's funny, I realized I got sucked into this a little bit...I'm racing to beat Den to 40 (although he doesn't know it)...yet I have no idea why! I rolled a Chosen the other night and it's enjoyable (although my Sorc is really enjoyable too) but I keep thinking...I NEED TO GET TO 40, I shouldn't be playing this class. But that's just silly. This game has staying power and will be around for many years. If I hit 40 in a couple of weeks or if I hit it in 2 months...who cares? As long as I'm enjoying my time that's all that should matter.

So my advice to you, as well as to myself is, slow down, don't worry about what others are doing or saying, and HAVE FUN!
Jade

Post by Jade »

You are tops in my book. It doesn't matter what others think. I got frustrated and left my guild on ironfist for the same reasons you did. Unlike you I didn't have a chance to go back because those people are what they are...powergamers. I came to this server and this guild because people are friendly and I know that not EVERYONE is a power gamer. I'm allowed to level at my own pace and no one gets their panties in a wad because I'm not on for a few days. I enjoy the company and the game much better now. My character has a story and i'm still bugging for you guys to RP!! :P but again it's all at your own pace.

Cleon, I will happily be a sponsor.
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Latt

Post by Latt »

I can also recall having felt this way. I had my own guild in daoc, a small but wealthy and very well respected guild. I went and rolled a toon to be a part of a gank guild at one point. And while that was a lot of fun indeed, I always missed my own guildchat, so to speak.

As the others say. Play this game at your pace. And play the charecter the way you want. If someone tells you how to play and how much, kindly ask them to pay your monthly fee and job salary ontop of that.

I miss that I am not able to play this game as much as I did in daoc. Not because I want to rush 40, but because I'm enjoying my online hours. But I only get to play a few hours a night before bedtime, and that is okay, because I'm having fun when I'm on. Mythic really succeeded in creating a game which fits both the casual- and powergamers alike.

I never got to play with you much before you did your dumdum thing (yes, this is the new offical term for you deed, and you shall be called dumdum hence forth because of this! :D (just kidding.. or am I? :P). But I'll gladly sponsor you aswell, as I can relate to your situation. Your apoligy seem sincere, and that's good enough in my book :)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Thanks Vanhusen.

I honestly have no hard feelings, so hopefully you don't misconstrue me following normal procedures as such.

Basically, if any member leaves the family for whatever reason, they're allowed to reapply under certain restrictions, and will need a minimum of five (5) guild sponsoring votes from existing members who can vouch for you.

I'll not vote in these situations, but will make the final call after sponsoring votes are cast.

I'm very glad you were able to explain everything the way you did, and I will tell you I've obtained a much higher respect for you upon reading your apology.

You should only play to have fun--whether that means taking your time or zooming, or playing offensive or defensive.

Don't bother listening to random people who tell you how to play. Just immerse yourself into the game, and enjoy it for what it is.

Did you hurt us? Maybe a little, but you caught us by surprise most of all. Some of us discussed it on ventrilo the same night, and we decided to wager you a week's time, and figured you'd be back.

Here you are. Welcome back, Sir.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

I dont know you, but I'll gladly sponser you. ~looks at Cleon~ A wise man once taught me something about second chances.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Takes a big man to apologize, specially on a forum. I have felt this way many of times. Character too weak, go roll another and try it out but still return to the other after I started hating the flaws of the second class.

One question though. Why would you delete all and roll on Order side? Why wouldn't you just roll Order toons on a different server? (sorry 2 questions)
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Vanhusen

Post by Vanhusen »

Areclya- my other toons were astoria and variations of rhyoin if that helps.

Adaar-Im like being on a roleplaying server, so when I made that hastely deletion of the toons i just rolled order on the same server, but it was a mistake and one that I take to the heart and shall never repeat it.

At the time, I was fustrated and made the dum dum thing as latt stated. can they make that a title in the game? Basically I wasnt thinking straight and just typed in yes and hit order and then witch hunter. I honestly didnt play very much after that. Plus I think phoenix throne as the most perc players. But anyhow, I felt I didnt belong there, people werent as friendly. and I truely missed the guild. I hope that better explains your two questions.

I do get very class envey (sp), I think we all do, but I rolled a shaman ( one of the classes that got me fustrated, go figure), but im having a blast now. Maybe I have a different look on the game, but having lots of fun on the road to 40.

The saying, you dont know what you got until you dont is very true. (that the right saying? hehe)
Ralseni

Post by Ralseni »

Van -

In my younger days I have made similar mistakes. The key is you have to learn from them. Some of your concerns, Van, I had run into, but I knew from my past experiences that it was not others being unfriendly or deliberately slighting me, it was just timing/not able to read chat/focused on the next level/etc. I sent Cleon a PM after your departure and some responses saying as much.

Are there cliques, sure, people play with people they have played with before. But Kindred has always been good about people stepping out of the leveling hamster wheel to help another member out. I made many trips across the fields of Camelot before the days of Flight Masters and Mailboxes. There can be great satisfaction out of doing so, for the camaraderie, for seeing new sights, for passing on knowledge.

I will sponsor you back.
WAR - Ralseni, Magus
DAoC - Ralseni
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

It is done.

Vanhusen, it seems everyone wants you back into the mix.

You've obtained appropriate sponsorship, and hopefully this time we can sink our hooks into you long-term.

Feel free to obtain your invite whenever you're ready.

Welcome back home.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Famine

Re: reappling to DK - Van - APPROVED

Post by Famine »

i say dont let him back!...just kidding :lol: welcome back van...dont worry about the "rush" im in a race with daeth (but i dont think he realizes it either). We all make mistakes and if you wanna dps sham then you go right ahead!!
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Vanhusen

Post by Vanhusen »

YAY!!!!! Made my day :) For awhile i thought nobody wanted me back in and was getting nervous. It feels great to be part of the family. The hooks were sunk in on daoc, this time, they will go deeper! When I get on later on (wife and I going to our first obgyn visit) i'll see if anyone can invite :)
Jade

Post by Jade »

YAY!!!!!
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Famine wrote:im in a race with daeth
Don't worry, I called Mythic and they are going to make 45 total levels, just for Daeth.