Application: Assimilate Monstro Marauder - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Assimilate

Application: Assimilate Monstro Marauder - APPROVED

Post by Assimilate »

Application:
(Please copy and paste this application into your introductory post.)

Name you prefer to be called:Assimilate is fine, but my real name is Eric. At times, I even answer to 'That Idiot", but that's only because I am married.

Age you plan to act:30-40, that way you can guess how old I really am.

Time Zone you play rather than live:I live PST, but I tend to play rather late on weeknights, and intermittently on weekends. My work tends to be streaky, in that I often have a great deal of free time, and every once in a while it takes all my time from awakening to bed time.

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for:Where to start? MMOs: CoH/CoV, Guild Wars, Hellgate:London (yeah, I know, but man that game was fun for the first month -- too bad I played it for four months), AoC. Favorite single player games: Alone in the Dark 1, Silent Hill (all of them), Vampire:Bloodlines, Total War: Rome, TESS:Oblivion. Do those count?

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of:Recruiting officer in CoH/V, Officer in GW, then Co-GL in GW, after which, I vowed never to take on guild leadership again.

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled:Yes. I am, however, technologically useless. Consequently, I sometimes have inexplicable problems that takes me entire afternoons to resolve.

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us?):Well, I played a few times with Annadrea and Tormented, in some PQs and a few scenarios. If I managed not to be completely mentally inept during those occasions, they may be cajoled into vetting me. I have not actually asked or anything, as I was terrified of what they may say about my performance and general lunkheadedness. Further, I seem to run into DK guys pretty much everywhere I go.

"Being killed by other players," experience:Constant. As a Monstro Marauder, I feel that my job in scenarios is to cause total panic in the back lines and protect healers. In order to do that, I often have to take one for the team. But my favorite PvP era was when City of Villains was launched and I rolled a Stalker villain-side for the express purpose of killing my friends in CoH. Good times.

"Arguing over loot," experience:I don't argue over loot. I don't see the purpose of it. I roll Need on things for my class, Pass for things that are not my class, and Greed on all non-specific loot. But those are my rules, for myself, and I try not to get angry if other players do not follow my rules. After all, you can only be responsible for yourself. I do what I think is honorable, but I do not presume to lecture others. Just my thing.

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ?I am told that it is quite humorous to watch me play. Does that count?

Important note: I am currently in a guild called Blackwater Warband. There are some good folks in this guild and I hold nothing against them. Unfortunately, the guild appears to be slowly folding, as there is no more than two or three folks on in peak hours, and most of the time I am the only player in guild playing the game. If accepted, of course I will quit Blackwater after explaining my reasons to the current Guild Leader.
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application: Assimilate Monstro Marauder Rank 26, Renown 24

Post by Cleon »

Hello, Eric, and welcome to the Kindred forums.

Seems like a really solid application, and we are certainly in need of some serious Marauders.

If you could get your references to offer you sponsorship, that would be very helpful.

One thing, however, is we are not prone to proselyting members from other guilds.

I would prefer you tie up loose ends where you are now, and handle your business.

It is our recommendation that applicants be guildless for at least 24-48 hours--during which time I will make sure things are acceptable by your previous guild leader.

It just causes bad blood between guilds to have members who've guild-hopped instantaneously with little notice.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with you.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Famine

Post by Famine »

Give some DK a tell and get in here! I need more marauders to tear apart our enemies! Especially ones that can knock people down for me ;)
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Assimilate

Post by Assimilate »

I agree, Cleon, which is why I said that I would need to talk to the current Guild Leader before quitting BW and making myself available. The GL, Nibblenit, is a good guy trying to hold a guild together that is rapidly dissolving. I've played with him a few times and he is a damn good Shaman. I will talk to him as soon as he is available. If he is not available in the next few days, I will be happy to leave him an offline tell, as well as an email. I do think it is important that he receive something from me personally, though I appreciate that you are willing to talk to him as well.

Incidentally, if DK is looking for a very good Shaman, I do not think you can do better than little Nibble.

Further, I will look for Annadrea and Tormented in game and see what they say.

Finally, I love nothing more than to knock over squishies and help to tear them down. Nothing better than speeding into the massed backfield and watching all the clothies flee in panic. Only to put them on their backs and help to annhilate them. So much sadistic fun. Is this wrong of me?

Thanks for the rapid response and I look forward to hearing more.
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

I'll offically sponsor this fine young man ;0) I ran with him a bit in senarios today and he seems pretty sane :)
raggedyandy

Post by raggedyandy »

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of:Recruiting officer in CoH/V, Officer in GW, then Co-GL in GW, after which, I vowed

never to take on guild leadership again.

Amen brother. Amen.
Assimilate

Post by Assimilate »

I am gratified that I was able to hoodwink Areclya so successfully. But if you think I am "sane enough," I can only wonder about the standards you are using for comparison. You must hang out with some seriously crazy folks, Arecyla:)

But seriously, thanks for the endorsement and it was great fun playing with all of you.

As for raggedyandy: Yeah, I know. Oh, how I know. My respect for the folks who manage guilds long term, and even from game to game, is enormous, but believe me when I say that I do not envy them. I'd rather be napping....
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

~laughs~ Are you serious? I am the crazy (blank) in the guild ~cackles~
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

I love Areclya dearly, but if she says you seem pretty sane you have to put that into the context of the fact that she is completely NUTS!!! :lol:

That said I look forward to seeing you and Nibbles in-game whether you join us or not.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Assimilate

Post by Assimilate »

Just to report: I left an email for Nibblenit this evening, talked a bit with the two or three guys in Blackwater Warband who were on to inform them of my decision and to make sure that Nibble checks his mail. Nibble just hasn't been on, or not on at the times I have been on, so I have not been able to talk to him about it in person. I also went ahead and guild quit.

Areclya seems perfectly sane to me, but then again I've been known to crinkle just a little bit of tin foil over my scalp every once in a while. Some days, it's the only way to keep the alien voices out of my head.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Ok, sounds great.

We will prepare for this Thursday as the date of transition.

If we cannot get in touch with your previous guild leader by then, we'll assume they've gone inactive and shouldn't have any concerns regarding your change of heart.

You've already obtained sponsorship, so allow me to offer you a pre-welcoming!

Looking forward to becoming acquainted with you.

PENDING

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application: Assimilate Monstro Marauder - PENDING 10/30/08

Post by Cleon »

This petition is officially accepted.

APPROVED.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Famine

Re: Application: Assimilate Monstro Marauder - APPROVED

Post by Famine »

Woohoo! Welcome to the ranks of your new home brother marauder! I do look forward to our teaming up and destroying anything that gets in our way.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Assimilate

Post by Assimilate »

Awesome! Thanks, Cleon. It is going to be a crazy work day for me, and I don't think I will be able to log in to the game until fairly late tonight. I'll come into vent at that time to say hello to whoever is there and introduce myself as well.

I can't wait to meet you all and look forward to tearing things up all across the realm!
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

I am usually online late night - (but anon on the list) Just ask a DK member (if no one else is online with an invite) for Ravenia!

And you don't have to wait for me to get an invite, if you're on - ask for an invite and get hooked up!
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.