Application - Joppy the Squig Herder - Approved

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Joppy

Application - Joppy the Squig Herder - Approved

Post by Joppy »

Joppy the Squig Herder - Application:

Name you prefer to be called (List your class, rank, and character name as well):

You can call me Joppy or Jop if that is easier. My real life name is Dmitri but my friends call me D. I am a lvl 28 Squig Herder named Joppy

Age you plan to act:

I am 40 so I will act 40, or 12 if I am roll playing a goblin :)

Time Zone you play rather than live:

I play from 5-10pm 3-5 days a week. Mountain time zone.

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for:

I played COH for 2 years and WoW off and on for 4 years

Former guilds you've hopped to recently, and positions you were mistakenly put in charge of (How long have you been guildless, and if still guilded, with who?):

The only guild I have joined on Phoenix Throne is Wolves of War. On friday the officers and most of the guild members quit. There were only 2 on during primetime after that so on Friday I decided to move on as well.

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled:

Yes and yes.

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us? Just listing a website doesn't count.):

I don't have any references from DK. I found you on a site ( http://www.waralytics.com/ ) that listed DK as one of the top guilds on Phoenix Throne. After checking out 5 of the top guilds websites I was really impressed with yours. DK manages to be both casual and really organized as far as the RvR side of it goes. I especially like your post with the Warband teams broken down by class and spec to make the most deadly team possible. After that I looked for DK members in scenario and keep sieges. I was in a Warband last night with Nyet, Yates, Murunk, and Terrok and they seemed like nice folks and competent players. After that I decided that DK was the guild for me, that is if you find me worthy.

"Being killed by other players," experience:

I have always loved competetive pvp. I started out by having a 6 man network at my house where we had friends over and played Starcraft, Mechwarrior 3 (my favorite), Quake3, and some racing games. It became too expensive to maintain the computers and network so I started playing City of Heroes. The pvp in that game is terrible, so I moved on to WoW which has better pvp. After I heard about War and the pvp aspect I knew it would be the perfect game for me. I am very dedicated to being the best pvp player I can be. I read up on strategies daily on the forums to learn how to best play my class. I will be specced Quick Shootin for the ranged healing debuff.

"Arguing over loot," experience:

I came from a guild in WoW where loot is distributed to the member that will most impact the team as a whole. I don't argue over loot.

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ?

I am a team player. I love to have fun and joke around. I think you will find me a good fit in both the social and strategic aspect of the guild. Thank you for considering me!
Ralseni

Re: Application - Joppy the Squig Herder

Post by Ralseni »

mental note - remove "Setting up Core RVR Groups" post from General forums...

Joppy - I will let a recruitment person comment on the rest...
WAR - Ralseni, Magus
DAoC - Ralseni
Jade

Post by Jade »

Hey Joppy, welcome to DK forums. I play Fenriss and would to group with you sometime to get to know you. I'm usually found hanging out with Vitches, Yates, Areclya, Nik and a few others. Please feel free to put Fenriss on friends and I'll happily group with you. Can't wait to meet you.
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Joppy

Post by Joppy »

Jade, thanks for responding to my post. I will add you to friends and find you in game. I look forward to playing with you as well.
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Joppy,

Welcome to the Dark Kindred Forums. Glad you dropped in :)

I took some time to read over your application, sorry to hear about your former guild. Kindred has been established for quite some time now. Kindred and many of its members have been together since the early days of AC, DAOC and so on. So needless to say, we are here to stay. That being said, there are some general things you need to get done for your application to be accepted.

First, the guild has closed open recruitment. What this means is that you need get 5 sponsorships from Dark Kindred members. This is just to insure your the right type of person we are looking for :P.

Kindred usually has about 20-30+ players prime hours. We are always active in the frontiers, fire off a tell to anyone and see if we can find a place for ya in a warband. I look forward to meeting you in game and spilling some empire blood!
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Famine

Post by Famine »

Joppy, what class and server were you on WoW because your name sounds oh so familiar.

My in game name is Famine so shoot me a whisper if you'd like to get some stuff done in tier 4.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Joppy

Post by Joppy »

Denauticus, thanks for giving me the heads up on getting sponsors. I will try and team with some DK folks and get to know them in the next couple of days.

Famine, this is the first character I have named Joppy in a game. Joppy just seemed like a silly name and fit the squig herder personality. In WoW I was playing on the pve server Kargath, in a guild called "Empire Rises". My main was a mage named "Elrikin". I also played my rogue "Gandrin" quite a bit as well. I still have really good friends in Empire Rises, but I couldn't seduce them to the dark side to play War. Wrath, at least for the moment, is keeping them there.

Famine, I will hit T4 fairly soon and I will look you up when I get there. I am really impressed with how welcome you all have made me feel. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty with DK soon.
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

I'll vouch for this guy. He get's my word of recommendation. Let's get Vitchen's friend in here with us!
Last edited by Yates Yellowrat Bast on Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:10 MST, edited 1 time in total.
Jade

Post by Jade »

Okay so I grouped with this git and had a blast. He is great at calling targets and a fantastic team player. To be honest I wasn't sure of him at first but once I started talking to him....well he grows on you like a fungus. I will happily sponsor this gitface.
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Areclya

Post by Areclya »

Yea I suppose I'll speak for him as well :) (he paid me!)
Joppy

Post by Joppy »

Yates, Jade and Areclya, I had a great time getting to meet you all and do some scenarios and RvR with you. Thanks for taking my bribes and vouching for me :mrgreen: I am looking forward to doing great things with the guild.
Goddeloos

Post by Goddeloos »

Wait, this is Vitche's friend? Onos!
Recreating the Goddeloos Clan for Warhammer.

Currently playing as...

Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls...Be careful who you Cyb0rz...
Joppy

Post by Joppy »

Yates Yellowrat Bast wrote:I'll vouch for this guy. He get's my word of recommendation. Let's get Vitchen's friend in here with us!
I just met Vitchens yesterday, lol. I think Yates assumed we were friends before yesterday because I was on Vitchens vent server when Yates joined our group. Vitchens and I are friends now though (at least I hope so).
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Joppy,

Glad to see your making the effort to get to know the Kindred Crew. Dark Kindred is around 275 players or so. So you will have a lot of opportunity to meet different people. Keep up the good work.
Current:

Retired:
Zenthais

Post by Zenthais »

I may'be new, but I like this little git more than stunties!

Post by Goddeloos »

Ran into Joppy doin PQs in Saphery. He fell right into place in our little scenario/questing group!

(It had to be done...)
Recreating the Goddeloos Clan for Warhammer.

Currently playing as...

Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls...Be careful who you Cyb0rz...
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Ran with him for an hour or 2 tonight, good fit to the group and played his class well...

Oh, btw Joppy, I expect twice whatever you paid Areclya!!! :lol:

Not sure I have the authority but as I understand Cleon is out for a bit, consider this post my approval.
Anyone with invite capability feel free to invite him when he is on.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Joppy,

Looks like you have all the backing you need. There is usually an officer or recruiting officer online most of the time. Congrats and welcome to Dark Kindred.
Current:

Retired:
Elneiros

Post by Elneiros »

Who are you people? How did you get into this guild?

I would like to have an internal investigation done, especially on that guy Den....
Joppy

Post by Joppy »

Thanks everyone for your approval. I feel so loved! *sniff*. I have had a great time with everyone so far. I am really excited to kick some order arse with Dark Kindred.
Latt

Post by Latt »

No idea if you got your invite yet, and can't check since mythic is being all silly with emergency fixes and stuff so people can play. But if you haven't, look me up on Faradon when the servers are back on, and I can log on Latt to toss you an invite