Initial contact with enemy line

It is time to twist and shout with class. Show us your moves in full detail right here!
Vaklen

Initial contact with enemy line

Post by Vaklen »

Just trying to see what you other Chosen do, and to see if there is anything we can do to maximize the initial contact with the enemy. These does not work for Tor, as it is usually a grab the bauble and go, but I use this in DF and Isha.

Spec'd Discord, so it is a little biased on that end.
Starting aura: Discordant aura
Charge in, about 40 feet away, start Discordant Turbulance
Prior to hitting the front, use Challenge
By now, I have a target selected, usually a BW or AM first
Blast wave the line as I run thru
Seeping Wound the target, then taunt, then ravage until they die.

After that, it is all situational, but for the most part, I have been finding myself doing this consitantly.

Any thoughts on it? What do you do prior to the initial hit?
Vaklen

Formerly known as:
Oni No Suterusu - DAoC Andred Server
Shadowblade in the service of Malice
Rythok

Re: Initial contact with enemy line

Post by Rythok »

If you are using the Tainted Wound tactic, I suggest hitting more than one person with Seeping Wound, but other than that it seems pretty good. It's what I used to do as Discord.

I recently respecced Dread and am still trying to get used to it so I still need some more practice with that spec before I post what skills I use on first contact.
DAoC - Percival: Rythok Ballantine, lvl 50 armsman; Terendir, lvl 40something mercenary.
WoW - Lightninghoof: Rythok, level 70 warrior. Rivendare: Burninatör, level 70 priest.
WAR - Pheonix Throne: Rythok, Chaos Chosen.
Brok

Re: Initial contact with enemy line

Post by Brok »

I try and pick a BW then a healer as first target. I use the resists chant (forget name, its discordant something) since everyone does various spirit/elemental/corp damage so it helps with survivability and dps.

I have Quake which is great. I now use it on the largest grouping and then move to my chosen target (which is usually inside the group I try and quake).

I occasionally use Tainted Wounds which definitely ups our dps and as suggested above hit a bunch of targets if you can. But you need good healing to have that one since it usually means dropping some protective tactic. I prefer to use it when I go sword and board (which is rare, I just like 2H for PvP so far).

I currently don't switch chants alot since it uses AP which is always low when I am battling. Hopefully can weave in the tatcic that makes chant switching 0 AP (don't have it yet).
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus