Great Weapon

It is time to twist and shout with class. Show us your moves in full detail right here!
Kugan

Great Weapon

Post by Kugan »

We'll I switched to Discord 13pts, 12 corruption for the time being with a subspec into Defense. have to say the damage is double, with my 25% to Parry buff up all the time I don't get hit much, + tactic for anytime I block my Parry goes up another 25% for 5 seconds (effective when sword and board), I regen AP quickly (75 AP per Parry) along with a AP drain every 10 seconds melee..15 % tactic for crit increase

I can switch to Sword and Board for boss encounters and greatweapon for damage and off tank. Think it will work well. Just need to decide on Bane Shield for all or a 4 second 20 second cooldown knockdown.

need to play with some of the variation of this spec.
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Ach

Re: Great Weapon

Post by Ach »

Im headed this way as well. Currently full corruption with some dread sprinkled in. Waiting on a few thousand inf to get the oRvR 2 hander. Discord is a good path.
Temujin / Yesukhei
Brok

Post by Brok »

I like Discord alot for PvP. I find the 2H line to leave me to vulnerable to being killed since you need to swap out some very nice survivability tactics.

I currently run with Toughness tactic, reduce crit chance, bane shield for grp members and extended bane shield time and swap auras (discordant, reduced healing, .5 build time, reflect damage on casters: depending on situation). When soloing in PvP or healing is low I run with sihpon energy since with the tzeetch discord ability I disrupt many spells and have been healed for thosands in long fights by that one tactic.

I have considered getting mixed tactics and probably will. Can easily swap that in when the situation is right.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Just don't forget corrupting aura from the corruption line. Requires 6 points in that line, assuming that's all you take. IMO the 2 most important auras for the chosen to twist in RvR are the build time aura ("corrupting aura" in corruption) and the heal debuff aura ("Discordant Turbulence" in Discord line).
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

Yes I think I found a decent spec for the two aura's I need from the other lines and still retain my great weapon spec. Loosing out only on a knockdown and 15% crit chance....
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

DAOC
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Brok

Post by Brok »

Oh man, the 15% crit chance is why you go 2H IMO.

When/If they fix cleave I will try discord/2H combo spec again.

As for auras Kez I agree.

My two favorite are the +.5 to build time and the discordant aura (resists increase and debuff, since it really ups survivability and increases our damage on enemies). I use the reduced healing debuff (25%) but find it doesn't affect HoTs or morale heals so it isn't great, just is ok.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

Well you can get the 15% crit chance and still retain the two aura's. Loosing out on a 15% tactic to make your target lose 25% damage for 10 seconds (anytime you crit), bane shield for all, 122 Self-heal disrupt spell speed enhance (30%), and or a AP drain. So its possible.

Just a matter of what will work best.

Then again going Discord and Coruption you get a 4 seocnd knockdown on the assist train every 20seconds. Also effective. But lose out on healing debuff.

DAOC
Brok

Post by Brok »

All healing debuffs seem to be less effective than they sound. Like you read 25% or 50% healing reduction, sounds great! But it doesn't seem to affect HoTs, doesn't affect morale heals and doesn't seem to affect insta heals (like potions or a zealot flash heal (though maybe flash heal is affected, hard to say))... just casted direct heals. And it seems WP stuff is mostly blessings which are not considered direct heals...

If we could duel we could check this stuff out, anyone have a 2nd account? :)

Anyways... I am more for dps and disruption abilities nowadays.

And yes, I agree that getting the +15% tactic gives up alot, which is why I decided to not use that line until I have more points (I think around rr45/46 I can get it and the other stuff).
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Vaklen

Post by Vaklen »

I am just not that impressed with the dmg differences between 2 handed and s/s to switch. Be different if the 2 hander allows cone damage, if if at 50% for yup to two frontal targets or something. I still carry a 2 hander for the obvious off tank times and such.

I am full discord with enough in corruption to get me the build up aura. I do find I rarely twist in heal debuff aura as it does not do much in mass RVR. Having the increase block Morale 2 and the silence ability cranking really is great for shutting up BW to allow closing.

The build up aura is just too sweet in corruption. Plus, twisting in the resists buff/debuff aura, and sorc/magus can really go to town.
Vaklen

Formerly known as:
Oni No Suterusu - DAoC Andred Server
Shadowblade in the service of Malice
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Heal debuffs do affect potions and self-heals, etc. I don't know whether they affect HOTs -- I hadn't heard that they don't, so I assume they do.

What I don't know is whether the heal debuff aura stacks with the WE/maurader heal debuffs. Would be good to know that.

Having played a class with a heal drbuff (WE), and now playing a healer that has to heal through heal debuffs, they simply rock. Ultimately, especially where you're fighting more than a group, you need a heal debuff to drop targets. To me, if the chosen heal debuff stacks it's really really nice. If it doesn't, assuming we have a maurader/WE with the heal debuff, then it's not as necessary. Although the AOE is still nice b/c then you're debuffing more than just the target of the tank train. . .
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)

Kugan

Post by Kugan »

In relation to the damage between two handed and one handed. I get around a 75% increase in damage on targets. So almost Double and when It crits its just that much better. WH goes down in about 3-5 swings. Casters down in about the same about of time. I do crit alot with the 15% increase. That is why I PVP with a two hander. I lose out on Hold the line. Which I normally can swap to Sword and Board for for keep defense.

DAOC
Vaklen

Post by Vaklen »

how is your build? I would be interested to see stats on that much oif a damage increase since the weapon base DPS difference is not that much more.
Vaklen

Formerly known as:
Oni No Suterusu - DAoC Andred Server
Shadowblade in the service of Malice
Brok

Post by Brok »

I found that the +crit chance is what really upped the damage. Plus you re-tool gear for more strength.

Once I have the gear and the points I will setup sword&board and 2H gear, and swap as needed. bascially I think for smaller fights (6-12/scens) that 2H is best. In large 1.5+ WBs verse 1.5+ WBs S&B is best. In between is probably just preference or who you are facing. If the enemy has alot of casters I'd switoff to 2H and vice versa.

I also miss being 2H because it just looks alot more badass 8-)
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

I think the perfect melee group setup includes an offensively specc'd tank to go with the tank train, and a defensively specc'd tank to defend squishies and harass. We have Sinsaw as D and I think Denauticus is D, too. Then it seems brok/vaklen/kugg are all more O specc'd. So that's a good mix.

Just -- and I know I'm a broken record -- whatever spec our chosen have, they need to be twisting auras and running the build time increase aura. It seems with the DPS spec being discussed here, you won't get the heal debuff aura. That's okay as long as our marauder and/or WE have heal debuffs. But someone has to have them, or we simply won't be able to drop targets fast enough.

Also, if you're investing in Corruption to get the action point aura, it doesn't make sense to spend points in the Discord line. So I'd say, to get a knockdown, you need to get up to Downfall in Corruption to at least have a single-target knockdown.

Finally, every tank needs to run Challenge as its morale 1. Crucial ability for taking people out of fights, either offensively or defensively, at strategic times. . .