Level 40 Gear Setup

Khaine's wrath is fearsome, and so is that of his disciples. Heal your allies by dealing damage with sharp blades--can it get any better? Come inside and see for yourself!
Fhayd

Level 40 Gear Setup

Post by Fhayd »

Has anyone playing a DoK decided where they are heading for high level gear? as a tort/sac dok, I would like to aim for the Dark Promise Blood Offering Kit, but I have no idea where this is dropped. Anyone know?
Denauticus

Re: Level 40 Gear Setup

Post by Denauticus »

Fhayd,

That is a pretty nice set which means it will probably drop in the higher level dungeons. You can probably locate the drop locations on http://www.wardb.com

Hasil or Fuga might be a good resource to chat with and see if they have seen any of this drop.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Ach

Post by Ach »

I believe it drops in the lost vale.
Temujin / Yesukhei
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Yup, that's Lost Vale. They also just re-itemized, boosting stats on everything, so that armor got better.

See this Herald post for details about armor progression:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=397

Also, from the last patch notes they changed this:
After continued testing, we have revised the way that the Ward System works. Encounters will now be slightly harder for players without wards; however, players will need less total ward items to become competitive, and will gain an extra benefit if they complete the entire ward set.
* Players without warded armor will continue take up to 200% additional damage from certain monsters. Each appropriate ward worn will continue to reduce that damage by 40% per item.
* Players without warded armor will now have 40% damage output against certain monsters. For each piece of appropriate ward armor worn, the player’s damage output against those monsters will increase by 15%.
* Players who wear all five pieces of warded armor will deal an additional 15% bonus damage to certain monsters.
So the bottom line is -- yes, that armor rocks :) But to get it you'll need to (1) get annihilator or bloodlord (drops in Bastion), (2) get conqueror (rvr armor, from fortresses, merchant, players -- requires renown ranks in the 40's) or sentinel (from the two city dungeons), THEN (3) dark promise (lost vale dungeon). The good armor after that comes from city sieges and requires pretty high RR.
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Fhayd

Post by Fhayd »

I have been trying to find info via wardb, but it seems to be spotty at best

Thank you all for the great feedback and helping to put things into perspective, I didn't realize there was an armor progression. I will read up on this stuff in the herald, and in the mean time start looking for annihilator/bloodlord gear

thank you all again, see you in game!
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

No problem. I bet the info on wardb.com has not yet updated -- check the forums here, there are threads discussing the new set item stats:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... y.php?f=72

In particular, this one:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... p?t=211770

Shows stats of this:

Annihilator:
2 pc: 62 wil
3 pc: 320 elem resist
4 pc: 5 healing crit
5 pc: +2 to dark rites abilities

Bloodlord:
2 pc: 62 str
3 pc: 62 wli
4 pc: 5 melee crit
5 pc: +2 to torture abilities

Sentinel
2 pc: 344 elem resist
3 pc: 66 wil
4 pc: 5 disrupt
5 pc: 5 healing crit
6 pc: matyr 10% chance on being hit to heal group for 64 over 9 seconds

Invader
2 pc: 69 str
3 pc: 69 wounds
4 pc: 5 melee crit
5 pc: vivacious - on heal 10% chance to recover 50 AP
6 pc: 5 ap per second

Conqueror:
2pc 66str
3pc 66wp
4pc 66wounds
5pc 5 melee crit
6pc Vivacious

Didn't see the dark promise in that particular thread, but I'm sure there's a thread there covering it, or you could ask ;)
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)