Marauder spec?

Did you leave the appropriate tools at home? No worries, just mutate your arm into any device you need and fret no more! Create your own discussion devices here!
Famine

Marauder spec?

Post by Famine »

Marauders, time to step up and tell us what your specced and why.

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=14# ... 0:629:8455

My final spec is mostly brutality. I favor the high single target DPS simply because I often group with loads of aoe casters. These aoe caters will get a group low while i go in and put high dmg on those who need to die first. the addition of aoe is not needed by a marauder seeing as there are plenty of aoe sorcs and a few magus runnin around.

If you go montrosity for the aoe, then it works out well as long as you have someone to single target dps the lowest hp fighters in your aoe's

just my 2cp.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Dr Death

Re: Marauder spec?

Post by Dr Death »

I'm with you. I'm only lvl 20 now, but so far I've put all my points into brutality and find I'm a pretty good single target DPSer right now. That being said, I do like the AOE I can do in scenarios using monstrosity, just makes more sense to leave that to the caster types though IMO.
Bandric - Marauder lvl 29

Tyriran

Post by Tyriran »

Seems like we're all shooting up the Brutality line. ;) I think I'll at least stick with the Brutality line until R40 and then see where we stand in the guild with Marauders. At that point I'll probably specc which ever way we need.
Famine

Post by Famine »

Leaving the aoe to sorcs and maggies is probably the best idea. Last night, I was playing with a savagery spec and I really liked how his debuffs complemented my attacks. We had 2 AoE sorcs, 2 healers, and 2 marauders. despite no tank we managed to do well when we got an even fight, but being lvl 30-33 in a scenario with level 40's definately doesnt help.

Go to the website I have on there for my spec and play around with your spec, as well as your rvr spec because you can do it (its easy to find just look a little). If you havnt already that is.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing