Well then...

Feeling a little itchy at the finger tips to shed some light on your subject? Hold it in no more! Come, have a blast!
Maverickk

Well then...

Post by Maverickk »

I shall be the first to post for the Sorceress!! lol.

Really though, I love my Sorc. Sooooo fun.
Maverickk a.k.a. Mang
Former "Kindred of Valiance" Officer
(Currently playing)
Phantasy - 8L7 Lurikeen Nightshade
Shamanga - 9L6 Norseman Shadowblade
Virmang - 5L9 Inconnu Infiltrator
Broakin

Re: Well then...

Post by Broakin »

Sorceress's are great! Can't wait for endgame keep raids where they r ramming the door and i get my target aoe going :)
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

The one weird thing that I'm not sure about....I've done some keep defense in T4 Avelorn and people at the door are out of range from the top. At least as far as I could tell...I might have been standing in the wrong place. The keeps are much taller than in DAoC.

I hope I'm wrong, because that's one of the reasons I rolled the Sorc in the first place.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Oh, and don't wait for T4 to participate in RvR...there have been some great battles in lower tiers.
Boo

Post by Boo »

sorc is great! Though the one thing I can't stand seeing is people that just go for the high damage numbers, and don't actually help KILL people. Doing AoE is fine, but unless you are bringing someone down, a HoT or two will negate it.

Now...concerted AoE with two AoE spec sorcs is different, but one person just isn't going to lay waste to a pack of people with a decent healer in the group.
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

if a group comes along and you have a sorc who targets aoe helps a bunch! it will bring everyone in the group down and the healer has to pick and choose who to heal so we can take advantage of the healer's overwhelm.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

AOE is great with the combination from a class (I don't know which one) which pulls a bunch of people towards the group and into one spot.
Maverickk

Post by Maverickk »

I'm throughly enjoying my Sorc so far. I'm Destruction spec so I've been dominating Mourkain scenario with about 60k-80k dps each round. Averaging about 12-20 DBs. Its funny casting my AoE and then all I hear is $$$!! lmao
Maverickk a.k.a. Mang
Former "Kindred of Valiance" Officer
(Currently playing)
Phantasy - 8L7 Lurikeen Nightshade
Shamanga - 9L6 Norseman Shadowblade
Virmang - 5L9 Inconnu Infiltrator
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sicyn wrote:AOE is great with the combination from a class (I don't know which one) which pulls a bunch of people towards the group and into one spot.

that's a Daemonology spec Magus. And yea, that is a great combo.

And all I'm saying about the AoE is yea, if a group only has one healer, you can put pressure on them with a string of good AoE hits...particularly if you're AoE spec, and/or using Focused Mind for huge burst AoE. But with several healers working together, it loses it's impact, which is why you need an AoE "team" to offest the healing.
Latt

Post by Latt »

A good team of one or two sorcs combined with a magus debuffing spirit and pulling, and you got yourself bada-big-boom!
Fhayd

Post by Fhayd »

It seems to me that their AoE is mainly for pressure, and as stated earlier, a few hots will negate that. Being that most hots are instant and group related for healers, AoE may not be all that useful unless used in great numbers. May be more efficient for 2-3 sorcs (never seem to find that many) spec for the instant damage tree, and just FF with eachother. Targets will drop fast, and because a lot of healers spec group Hot because of the rampant use of aoes, this will put a big hurting on them pressure wise, and start to really dwindle their force in numbers, coordination, and power.

Just an observation, I'd like to see what more sorcs use as their strategy.
Famine

Post by Famine »

As far as AoE goes on the sorc, what I've noticed (grouping with Sinsun and Daeth) is that you can have a great AoE caster, but it works well to have someone else in there taking care of the group at low hp while he AoE's.
It is almost second nature to me and Sinsun to run into a group together and while he AoE's the group I find the targets who need to go first in his aoe, then I just help take out the rest. If you have a heavy single target dmg dealer of any type, then this strategy will work really well.

Some good 3 man groups for this situation include:

AoE Zealot, AoE Sorc, Single target Marauder
AoE Zealot, AoE Sorc, Witch Elf
AoE Zealot, AoE Sorc, Single target Sorc
Any healing Shaman, AoE Magus, AoE Sorc
and variations of these groups including either a sham/zealot, aoe sorc/magus, any single target high dps/another aoe sorc.

While DoK's are good, I don't feel that in a situation like this they'd be nearly useful enough. Can't keep up with the healing on the AoE'er, nor can they do the dmg of a single target specced class. If you were to add a 4th person to this group I would most likely try to add a tank to go in and use block on the nuker or the healer (whichever is getting beat on more).

I like the AoE Magus mixed in with a good AoE sorc because the magus can obviously pull the whole group together while the sorc just rips them apart. Having 2 AoE sorcs can really do the job well because the HoT specced healers can't keep up with 2 high dmg AoE's
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

Only problem so far i have seen with the magus rift is the enemy immediately punts you this pulls you out of aoe range and I use casscade alot and stops that spell. This is on an 8 second recast timer. AOE is a great spec if you have the right group make up. Outside of that if you are in a PUG you have to do what you can. You have to be in melee range to be effective outside of that you are not really adding any real support. Damage is just not good enough. Yeah i scuicide alot but thats the life of a aoe sorceress. Honestly there is not alot of AOE spec sorceress most are agony.
Never give up its not an option.
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Latt

Post by Latt »

Hopefully I'll be able to get my sorc up and play with you guys. I'd love to be a part of team AoE :)