Any questions about the Zealot class?

Afraid to break a nail, or do you just prefer to always be the last one standing? Revive your thoughts on keeping the soul inside.
Daeth

Any questions about the Zealot class?

Post by Daeth »

Hello, this is Daeth Incarnate here. If any of you have any questions at all about the Zealot class, functions, strategy, or just wondering about starting one up, please feel free to ask me either through the forum or in game. Also, on a side note, if you have any crafting questions please feel free to send them my way. Thank you and have a wonderful day DK.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War
Donkipunx

Re: Any questions about the Zealot class?

Post by Donkipunx »

I don't like any of our talent trees.
I'm 6 bars up the Alchemy tree, and I've decided I don't really like any of the trees.
Iknod - Zealot
Blumpa - Squigherder
Xarci - Sorceress
Lynnx Holyfield

Post by Lynnx Holyfield »

I'm 7 bars - I'm just going for the end ability, and the stun one before it XD
DAoC: Former Member of Kindred of Valiance: Lady Lynnx Holyfield.
WoW: Druanthia - Phoenix Knights, 70 Restoration Healer.
WAR: Ravenia - Chaos, Zealot / Lyrielle - Dark Elf, Witch Elf.
Rada

Post by Rada »

I switched out of Alchemy completly the night before last when I learned the AoE group heal in the Dark rites tree does not require line of sight. It is so powerful and let's you hide and heal.
Raxxus - 40 Squiq Herder
Vada - 32 Zealot
Famine

Post by Famine »

Rada nailed what me and daeth believe to be the best concept of the zealot. With your AoE heals, you don't have to keep a line of sight with your targets. Being the target of a lot of daeth's healing I think that por pvp this is the best spec to go.

You would simply HOT HOT HOT HOT aoe heal a few times hot hot hot.

just my 2 cp, but i play a marauder.
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Lynnx Holyfield

Pesky Marauder's stinkin' up our class forum! <3
Famine

Post by Famine »

well noone will talk on mine so i have to go somewhere :(
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Annadrea

Post by Annadrea »

I must admit, at first I had no idea how the 3 spec lines were going to have any potential at all, but I had a good discussion in /gu one day with Daeth and he explained alot of it to me. I went with the aoe heal tree (by pure chance), and decided to stick with it after the discussion. I have managed to be top in healing by a ton in about 90% of the sc's that I run. Now, I do find at times that I wish I had stronger single heals as is the case from the first mastery tree because I can't always keep up a tank taking alot of dmg (which means he's actually doing his job lol). however, the fact that my hots are alot stronger, and my aoe heal, though I do not use it as often as I would like the opportunity to, makes me a much more well rounded healer to such extent that I can single-handedly keep up an sc at times.

Despite whatever tree you do decide to go with, the key point to healing to your fullest potential is hotting everyone, even before you get into a fight. If you see the tanks rushing in, toss the hots up before they hit the enemy, toss hots on sorcerers before you see their life start to drop because you know they will take backlash dmg from their dark magic. Not trying to say anyone isn't doing this, just would like to toss that out there.

Now I would personally like someone else's opinion on this one. I find that the only class I really won't bother trying to heal in a big fight is the witch elves. Now I am not saying I don't heal them at all, because in fact I will devote myself to keeping up a witch elf that is actually doing their job right. The problem with that is that about 95% of the WE's I have seen, rush in on the front lines like they were damn tanks, and they end up dying rediculously fast because they can't take dmg for crap. As I am sure all the healer's have noticed, the witch hunters of the order do their job rediculously well; constantly stealthing behind the lines to harass and assassinate our healers and casters, and keep us from healing/dps'ing to our fullest potential. Our bloody WE's for some reason haven't figured out that they should be doing the same thing. Anyone else feel the same way?

Right now I am using a strat that Daeth told me about that in essence allows me to constantly heal because I only end up running out of AP about 20% of the time with this strat. If you guys want me or Daeth to post about it, say so, or just talk to us in the game about it. It's a very good strat.

As for speaking with Daeth guys, the next time you log in, call him a bloody blasphemer! for going dps spec! I know, it's shocking, poor delusional guy :p

Well that's my 2cp. Btw Daeth, I had a 235k healing done in serpent's passage the other day at rank 30. did I beat your record?
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Annadrea wrote:As for speaking with Daeth guys, the next time you log in, call him a bloody blasphemer! for going dps spec! I know, it's shocking, poor delusional guy :p
Storm of Ravens is a nice spell. As for the strat, Go ahead and post it, it'll be there for future zealots to see.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Brok

Post by Brok »

I agree with annadrea, HOT everyone. Group heal when 2+ in grp are taking damage or not sure about LOS to target.

Use the damage debuffer on any 2H charging tank or witch hunter.

Use the spirit debuffer spell on anyone taking damage/called target.

I like the AP regen chance to hit ability, I have it, forget which tree it is.

All 3 trees are kinda so-so IMO. Our morale abilities also seem so-so. Like I almost always use the big heal over anything else. I have tried the AOE damage => grp heal several times but it is so situational.

Our gear choices stink currently.

I play around with toughness&willpower versus willpower&toughness versus willpowr&resists versus toughness&resists&willpower etc. (as much as I cna given our gear choices). Can't really say which I like best. I definitely notice much better survivability from WHs and BWs when I go toughness&resist talisman. But our healing is greatly boosted by +willpower. I am thinking 2 sets of armor. One for keep RvR and PvE, one for open PvP/scens.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Lynnx Holyfield

I am an AOE sorc's dream when they use the Corp-damage aoe. I am specced in the Witchcraft line, which allows my Demon Spittle to add corp-resistance reduction and armor reduction. So if you ever see me charging up towards a mass of folks - it's because I plan to spit on em, eheh.
Donkipunx

Post by Donkipunx »

I like the 3rd tier Morale ability, and it works no matter where the targets are.
It's the melee damage shield.
seems to keep folks alive.

I wish the AoE heal had a little bit bigger range, as well as the AoE action points regen.

It makes for having to bunch up casters, and that makes us easy targets for ranged AoE damage (which i beleive the BWs have)
Iknod - Zealot
Blumpa - Squigherder
Xarci - Sorceress