Dominus

Discuss upcoming or other MMOs.
Leonthor

Dominus

Post by Leonthor »

I was just reading up on a game being developed by many of the original DAoC people. Its being set in space, has 3 factions instead of 2. Each faction has 6 pretty much identical classes. The crafting system looks well developed. They just recently changed the name from Prime: Battle for Dominus, to just, Dominus.

Details of the gameplay look to have a lot of the best parts of Dark Age, with some RTS elements added in, a blend of instanced & open world group encounters.

I would strongly encourage those remaining KoV people that are still around, to take a look at the website.

Fair warning, when I say old DAoC people, that includes Sanya. I personally like that part, though I figure some of you may count that as a drawback.

http://www.dominusthegame.com/
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: Dominus

Post by Sicyn »

haha, I never understood any Sanya hate...I was sad to see her go.
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Yeah, me either.

Oh well, gonna tool around in DAoC til I get bored or get a beta invite for Dominus.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I still cannot get that DAOC thing to work. Tried multiple times.

WoW has no sense of community anymore either. I took a couple of lower level toons and got them into so-called "top" roleplaying guilds, and I must say, those people are far worse than members of regular guilds ever imagined. I could not believe the level of immaturity in their OOC chat channels--yet, they will talk all professional in /s chat--with guild chat disabled to non-officers.

I guess Roleplaying in Roleplaying games is all but over with these days--people have become too desensitized.

So this Dominus takes place in space? Star wars fantasy type stuff I assume?

Sanya was great at providing her reports. Glad to see she is still out there working with developers to find the next great thing.

Perhaps the medieval age has been played to extinction, and Dominus will be the next step in the future for something with a newer feel to it.

Before long, the next roleplaying game of interest will be a modern one, where the characters earn experience by going to work everyday and lives out days in prison for slaying his boss or such. Real world role play--the new age is now!

Anyhow, I could enjoy a space theme if it consists of the strategical elements you mentioned.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Looks almost exactly the same as DAOC

RODON = Midgard

HUMAN = Albion

SALENT = Hibernia

Even some of the classes are named the same.

I like the breakdown. It appears very balanced.

Although, based on class descriptions, I would place Salent as the most effective in PvP due to the fact that they have more healing support. Based on gameplay, however, the extra damage punch of Rodon might play out more effective since all classes have access to healing. Humans will be midstream.

At least they provided them with some variances.

Crafting system looks really good.

They added finite properties to gear, which means things won't last forever and will need to be replaced--this could be good news for crafters. I guess this would eliminate the "soulbound" mechanic specific to other games.

My interest has certainly been peaked.

Sounds like they are keeping it DAOC traditional.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Yeah, I liked what I read too, never saw anything mentioning a release date. But there are ongoing invites for beta cycles which tells me much of the starting game is at the full testing phase already. I am eager to get in one and see if the play comes close to the potential.

Oh, I got bored with some of the stuff on the free DAoC server, reopened my live server account. All the content from the expansions after we left is now open to everyone. You can move your old toons off Percival for free. All the live normal servers are named Ywain and numbered 1-10, I went to 4 cause it had the most open house lots. I managed to get the lot KoV house was on in Eastby. Also found a nice guild to run with... Adventurers of Old Daoc. Sadly buff bots are still in use on the frontiers, even though some buffs have a range limit now.

Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

They say they'll have a bounty hunter pvp system in the game. That appeals to me.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

That is correct, Yates.

In fact, it is a crafting profession.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Got somekinda Stress Test invite for this for Monday, 2-27-12. Already got installed and ready to check it out.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Wahh!? I hmmm better check my emails... Keep us updated!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Was sent from a SanyaW@pitchblackgames.com, mine was in the junk folder.

Here is the email:

Hello, future Dominus player!

You are reading this message because you signed up to beta test Dominus (formerly Prime: Battle For Dominus). If you would like to be removed from this database, please let me know.

We fixed a few login bugs and gathered loads of great data in Round One. Now we're ready to do it again. Join us on Monday the 27th of February at Noon PST/3 PM EST/2100 CET until about 8pm PST/11pm EST/0500 CET.

This is a limited build of the game with no PVP or combat and most of the systems disabled. Create a character, find a mission or two, explore, but most of all, remain online as long as possible so you can help us break the server.

We'll also keep it fun with a special event that you won't want to miss! We want to have as many simultaneous players as possible in-game at that time, so we'll be pulling out the stops to keep you occupied and online. If you can only be there at one time, be there at 5pm PST/8pm EST/0200 CET.

We will be using our site forum to communicate announcements and information to you. Please bookmark this link: http://forums.dominusthegame.com/index. ... uncements/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing the Stress Test Game Client:

Old users: Nothing new to install. Welcome back!

New users: Here is what you need to know to install the files for Operation: Break Our Server: •INSTALLER. The link is here: http://cds.dominusthegame.com/dominus-v1.0b.exe (just under 6Mb)
•The download is about 600 Mb and will start immediately.
Note 1 - We're running into the same d3dx9_43.dll error that most other multiplayer games have hit. If you download the installer and receive an error message to the effect that "File d3dx9_43.dll is missing", you must go to this link and install the DX package (yes, even if you know you have it already - long story)

Note 2 - If you use Norton Antivirus, you must disable it if you want the installer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting in the Game•You will not be able to log in or enter the game world until we activate accounts. Please watch the announcement link http://forums.dominusthegame.com/index. ... uncements/ for the exact time.
•Use the same login credentials you created for your online account.
•If you cannot remember your login credentials, go to http://www.dominusthegame.com. Click on account log in, and without trying to log in, click "forgot password." Enter your email address, the one to which I sent this letter. You'll get an email with the information.
•If you cannot attend, but you still want to be part of the actual beta later on, let me know. Otherwise, see you Monday - and we'll see you when we're ready to test large scale PVP.
Sanya M. Weathers
Director of Community
Pitchblack Games

You can contact Pitchblack Games at contact@pitchblackgames.com or by US Mail at:

PitchBlack Games LLC
P.O. Box 2289
Chandler, AZ 85244

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Maybe you can use the link to DL

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I got in around 4:15pm EST and only have like 10 min to play around (had to go to work). Really wasnt that impressed, but then again, no combat was active in this build. Graphics were alittle dull, but its still in beta so that could be polished. Controls seemed alittle on the weak side, little delay, could be from the mass amount of people logging in at once. I'll have to see and play more to decide.

Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

Dominus has been cancelled. Sorry for those interested in it, but maybe you'll decide to try Guild Wars 2 out. This is why I don't look into mmorpgs too far ahead of time.