SW:TOR

Discuss upcoming or other MMOs.
Sicyn
Site Admin

SW:TOR

Post by Sicyn »

Hey guys,

Did any of you join the beta test this past weekend? It was a big one, for sure.

I think this game is pretty fun. Being a Star Wars nerd, it definitely makes you feel like you're part of the world. If you like story, there is a TON of video (and choose-your-own-adventure style choices) that make you feel connected to the story in a way other games don't do.

This is the first MMO in a long time that I actually like PVE. For some reason, it doesn't feel like a grind. Granted, I've only played it a couple of days, but that's a big surprise for me.

The PvP is okay. The battlegrounds definitely have a new take and feel fresh and frantic (in a good way). I feel like I get owned in PvP too easily, but admittedly my chars have never been over lvl 12. No open world PvP that I know of (except on PvP servers).

What are your thoughts?
Adaar

Re: SW:TOR

Post by Adaar »

I played the last 2 beta weekends. I was not impressed at all. Felt more of the same. And I never like spending 2-10 minutes in a cutscene just to get a quest that I will finish in 2 minutes. The cutscenes on every quest giver kinda made the game slower, boring. Controls like other games we have been in, so nothing new there. Never got a group for the heroic quest either, asked multiple times in general and stood infront of the entrance as hundreds of people went past me. Although I haven't tried the space combat, I heard its pretty plain-jane, like Star Fox, you fly on a predetermined path, only to shoot and barrel roll the whole time. I have already canceled my Pre-Order, and waiting on Guild Wars 2.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I let my buddy take my weekend betas. He is very much in agreement with Adaar's view. I believe as of right now, I will be waiting for Guild Wars 2. It genuinely looks like something different. I will also, definitely, be playing Diablo 3.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I think I'm the odd one out here. Admittedly it is just another MMO, however, the play style and story seems really fun to me. Maybe I'm more of a Star Wars nerd than the rest of you. :P
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

I didn't like GW enough to be that excited about GW2. Based on what I have read and seen recently, holding out for Dominus.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

GW1 didn't have 3 realm warfare. GW2 does. Thus, i'll keep my eye on it.
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

So does Dominus, but it seems to still be pretty early in beta testing. Website doesn't show an estimated release date yet.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!