Public Service Announcement.

Discuss upcoming or other MMOs.
Zoruk

Re: Public Service Announcement.

Post by Zoruk »

Yeah I got a warrior maxed out and have him parked on Jade Quarry. I play now and again but I actually started playing on the free to play DAOC server to keep me busy when I'm not constantly refreshing Kickstarter or in the unofficial Camelot Unchained IRC. Which is irc.quaknet.org #CamelotUnchained or for the web version http://webchat.quakenet.org/ #CamelotUnchained.

http://uthgard.net/ <-- Its set up like the old DAoC as well. Pretty fun. Hibs seem to be well populated as I'm currently leveling up a bard named Gibbins if anyone ends up decided to play. Some others from the CU community have gone back to DAoC as well to have some fun.

The project seems to be doing well so far and the initial push is decreasing but the word about CU is also getting out there so hopefully we reach that 2M to get this project off the ground. From what I've read the 2M is obviously not the budget of the game but rather the initial push that Mark Jacobs requires to show private and public investors that there is indeed a community behind them.
Zoruk

Post by Zoruk »

Just a small update. I started running with some people from this site http://itcu.enjin.com/home in retail DAoC. We've been playing on all three realms just leveling up characters together and running zergs in BGs. Last night we played mid and leveled up to 24 before it was 4am and we were a bit tired haha. It was an absolute blast! We have been starting up Camelot Unchained, Kamelot Unchained guilds and been just telling people to google the name to try and get the word spread some more without pissing off mythic.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

15 Days to go. sitting at 1.192 mil. I hope more people pledge at the end like I've been reading, or I dont think it will fund. :cry:
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

On this note, I have been wondering how many others out there have already thrown their hat in the ring and pledged the kickstarter?

I put mine in a few days ago, found a tier level at the top of my budget range. I may have to eat Ramen for a few extra lunches next month, but I think I will appreciate that sacrifice in the long run.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I pledged $250...too much, but I really want this to succeed. :)

It's not good to look at trending sites...because it's possibly in trouble unless they get a boost of press.

-Lon
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Well, your $250 is a lot more than the $75 I'm tapping out with.

As to getting more support going, if anyone has contact with any of the old DAoC community and even those who were hopeful but disappointed with how WAR turned out, make sure you let them know soon.

Unfortunately these forums and some direct contact with Cleon are the limits of my remaining connection to the old community. I know a few select locals that are big gamers, I am trying to get to take a look at the game.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I've posted on a few gaming forums but only got like 2 responses as in they didn't know this was happening. Maybe even a real life friend might pledge, but thats all I got.

I was going for the $250 tier but switched to the $110. Might go back up to $250 after I see what tomorrows pay day will bring.

Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Well, they finally hit the $1.5M mark today. They're really gonna need a big push these last few days.

In the mean time, has anyone seen this on Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/
Its a crazy looking game, with a goofy premise... but it looks kinda fun and its free until 1pm tomorrow (Apr 28th)
you can get 4 copies to share with friends for a whopping $7.50!

Zoruk

Post by Zoruk »

There is still a good chance that this will fund. Both the number of backers and amount per day have been going up. I have a good feeling that the last two days will be a big push. I've been trying to stay pretty involved in what is going on. I'm going by the tag of Gibbins now.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

47 hours to go, 1,738,000

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

$1,916,911 with 21 hours to go.

I'm a little surprised they pulled it off (or will, rather)...in the middle it was looking pretty grim.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Yay, they made! $2,006,948 and 19 hours to go :)
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Indeed! We mighty hit the first stretch goal of Archers + 1 class per realm. :D

I am beyond excited for the development of this game, I just wish I could have gone for the $110 internal tester tier. I may scrounge up some money to ugrade. I heard if you are a great contributor to the backer's forums, you may be invited for internal testing as well.

I feel like this journey has just begun!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hrmm, to back or not to back.

What if we back and they fail to launch in 2015?

I have 5 hours to decide I suppose.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Prolly too late, by a few hours but hoped you pledged something if you were on the fence. You can still pledge if you didn't through paypal I believe.

Paypal pledges: Go to City Entertainment Website ( http://camelotunchained.com/en/ ) and use the Paypal link.

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hey, I reactivated a month of DAoC.

What server did our guild get moved to? I need to transfer my characters off of Percival.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I think guilds didn't get moved to the new Ywain servers, you would of had to restart a new one. Houses didnt transfer either but I think you can still get alot of that stuff back from them market places where you bought deeds.

I never got my original account back so I had to restart everything. I even contacted EA Mythic and they changed my email to my original cause it was something totally different then I would of ever used. But when sending back for password resets, it never sends me an email. I was playing a Necro leveling up a Cleric bot. Got to like lvl 30 and stopped playing around the end of the CU Kickstarter campaign. Might have a few days left on the 14 day trail, might come back and re-subscribe, but I would have to start from fresh:(

I'm still on the fence about playing live servers or Uthgard. Have a 18 Sorc and 18 Cabby over on Uthgard.

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I should be coming into a stretch of free time in a month or so. When I do, I plan on trying to put some time into Uthgard, it would be fun to have some familiar faces around!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Zoruk

Post by Zoruk »

I reactivated DAoC as well. The servers are all linked but the housing area is the only difference between the different servers. I tried uthgard but it was actually kind of a pain in the ass. I have no idea how I managed to deal with death every other minute to random purple mobs. Just reinstalled Warhammer Online as well. I know I'll be playing on Badlands server but not sure which side yet. Probably chaos. I also nabbed an internal testing spot in CU so this is going to be fun and give me something to do for the next few years :p
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

I have also reactivated...wizzy.

name is wizsauce

Live is pretty fun still. I say everyone should give it a go :)
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Hey Kedirem! Wow, it seems like reactivating is the way to go. I think I might just join you guys when the time opens up. :D
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I only had time to log in for about an hour. I haven't transferred my characters off of Percival yet.

So, I made a wizard to play around with.

I am quite lost, as I seriously can't remember anything, and the camera/mouse controls were driving me nuts.

Also, I cannot figure out how to configure my keyboard to work with the ability hotbars. I don't want to go back to clicking icons.

***confuszled***

Anyhow, I just need to set aside a few hours to relearn the game.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]