Broakin

Public Service Announcement.

Post by Broakin »

http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/
It has begun, Mark Jacob's new project.

3 realms
RvRvR based
Non-mirrored classes
Stats altering at character creating, and races now have unique stat progression
Time set before DAoC (Pendragon is still alive)

Pure Glory.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Adaar

Re: Public Service Announcement.

Post by Adaar »

Nice find, I'm gonna back this for sure, I want the level where you get the Abe Lincoln skin lol
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I hope the RvR is way more satisfying than Warhammer was. I'll back it regardless. :P
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I as well. From some interviews I have read, Mark has made some huge strides. He's identified the downfalls of WAR, and even mistakes in DAoC. He's stated many times he wants to listen to the community. Also, he isn't looking for a WoW killer, simply to establish moderate success with an active and loyal community. I hope community spirit will thrive with this game, and I will definitely be backing it.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

A Skype interview on the tube. I'm only like half way through, its like an hour long. Lots a good info, even though its taken with a grain of salt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHkAJm_-0A

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Quick Verson, some of the finer points Mark makes in the video I posted above:

-Specialized Classes. No hybrid classes, such as GW2 classes or a Druid in WoW, ect. You'll have to find a class that spec's in Tanking to get a good meat shield. You pick class at the very beginning, not training into it (skyrim style).

-Multi-Tier'd Subscriptions. If you only wanna play one realm you can pay less sub fee. Still have a 14.99'ish sub for everything. But also Subscription deals, if you have a kid or wife/husband that wanna play too, you can get 2 accounts at a better deal, ect. (Mark states he wont raise the standard price of subs, thats where I got the 14.99. Also says not many developers cause its RvR based, so cheaper subs.)

-Crafting Nodes. Find these throughout the world. Higher level mats are in heavy contested RvR zones. (Mark states World will be totally open, you should see group fights around high level nodes)

-Crafting. Not like DAoC, alot faster, produce less product to skill up. Crafting will be important for gear. (Mark states, people want realm pride, people also want crafter pride, wants people to search out crafters and for crafters to be reknown for there crafting.)

-Weather. Does really say flat out but I think there will be seasons with weather playing an effect in how the game is played. (Just speculation)

-Player Housing. Players can build housing in the lesser contested zones. Your house can still be taken over from other realms, but not every 5 mins. Can also build shops all realm mates can use out in the more contested areas, that can be burned down often. (Mark states, wont be a money sink if taken over by enemies. You can rebuild, crafters can rebuild, or you can pay someone to rebuild.)

-No Auction House. Encouraging a community/player interaction. (sounds like hes going to put a shop on player housing, sorta like consignment merchants in DAoC)

-Cash Shop. Wont be Play to Win. Will have; Upgrade your account if your a low tier'ed sub; Play Multiple servers; Cosmetic Items crafters cant make. Wont be Speed potions, for xp, rvr, gold.

-Kickstarter. Sometime in March, not March 1st. Asking 2 Million. If they get 2 Mil, developers will throw in another 3 mil, for a total of 5.

-No Cross Server playing. If you want to play a different realm, you play a different server.

-No Enemy Player looting. Will get rewarded though. But cant take their loot.

-Camelot Herald. Response: Absolutely.

-Stationary Casting/Shooting. Yes, you'll have to stand without moving to cast most spells. Some will be moveable, instants.

-FFA server (Mordred and I forgot the first one, Andred or something). Maybe in future, wont be at release.

-Backers/Beta. Wants Backers in in alpha. If funded in april might start alpha first of 2014. (give or take alot) Wants backers to beat on the game to get to the bugs and balance.

-Engine. Not decided on which to use at this time. Still looking into options.

-Mounted Combat and Pets. Wont be a goaled. Have to test systems and framerates before putting in things like that. Future Mounted Combat will be a possiblity.

-Guilds. There is a guild system. Not much really explained.

-Dyes. Yes. Not sure on guild emblem yet. (a no brainer if you ask me)

-No Realm Ranks. But a realm progression, will be different. Geared toward RvR.

-Leveling. Cant level by killing npc's (what little npc's there are, he states). Only RvR.

Again take it with a grain of salt.

Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Mark Jacobs hasn't had much success since he helped develop DAoC in the first place. He followed up that with the horrendously bad Trials of Atlantis expansion, and equally pathetic Warhammer Online....

If I had time I might at least give his new project a shot...but still can't believe how many times he has screwed up in recent history.

Anyway--What ever happened to GW2? I never got to play it, but it looked pretty polished....was the PVP any good?
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I like GW2, I think both PvE and PvP were pretty good. I actually think PvP most closely matches DAoC of any game I've played in recent years. However, at the time the queue times for PvP (there's a max # of people in the zone....although I can't remember what that # is) were pretty bad.
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

Beat me to it!

I came here to post about this new finding. It looks promising...i'll most likely back it on kickstarter. If they want 2 Mil, this game is going to have to gain some serious attention. We'll have to see.

Hope everyone is well!

-Ked
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I have the all seeing eye! ... Or I'm just on reddit constantly...

And speaking of reddit, http://www.reddit.com/r/camelotUnchained/ holds a community in which MJ and other developers are responding to questions, propositions and anything else CU related. If you want to get a sort of "inside scoop," as to what the CU team is planning, head over.

If you are interested in which each individual thread MJ posted in, http://www.reddit.com/user/CSE_MarkJacobs is his account and it shows all of the posts he has submitted.

I am extremely pleased with their activity in this community and the path it seems they are headed with CU.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Definitely some interesting ideas.

Although, I can't help but share similar skepticism that Hildace expressed after the Warhammer experience.

I suppose we will have to watch the details and hope the "mistakes" have really been learned from.

I think there is a good side to taking advice from what the community "wants," but MJ needs to give the community what they "need" instead. You can't please everyone, and there is a limit as to how much you can accept from the community for implementation. Sure, add some of the flair, but set the rules and stick to them.

Warhammer tried to cater to everyone, and instead became a heaping pile of stinky poo.

I'm not sure I like the removal of hybrid classes, as those are my favorite; but we can wait and see.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

I never saw anything that said "NO" hybrid classes, just well defined classes.
The Monk in DAoC was pretty well defined, though I realize some may not agree with that statement.
It's roll was support with a mix of melee, buffs & healing capabilities.

I will post more commentary when I'm not falling asleep because it's 2 am.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

I think Camelot Unchained is too far off in the future for me to start really thinking about it. I certainly hope to find an online game to sink my teeth into with friends, before that.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Yates Yellowrat Bast wrote:I think Camelot Unchained is too far off in the future for me to start really thinking about it. I certainly hope to find an online game to sink my teeth into with friends, before that.
I've been playing Path of Exile (f2p diablo style) and the new SimCity.

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Leonthor wrote:I never saw anything that said "NO" hybrid classes, just well defined classes.
The Monk in DAoC was pretty well defined, though I realize some may not agree with that statement.
It's roll was support with a mix of melee, buffs & healing capabilities.

I will post more commentary when I'm not falling asleep because it's 2 am.
I got the No Hybrid classes from the hour long interview I posted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHkAJm_-0A) Yeah there will prolly be classes with a mix of abilities, like the Friar, but will only be good in one area. I never saw Frairs, alone, hold up a 8v8 fight, meleeing and keeping the group up with heals. Although its probly possible if the enemy team is terribad.

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I played DnD: Neverwinter this weekend (beta). It's pretty good for a freemium MMO. http://nw.perfectworld.com
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

I've reactivated DAoC and am playing with a friend that i originally started the game with back in day. Its not bad. I've managed to level 1-20 in just a few hours...its so easy now. and I've got a 50 wiz and prime time is still pretty good. Anyone that is interested hit me up. In game is wiz = wizsauce and Hero = spearsauce

-Ked
Kedirem

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Kedirem wrote:I've reactivated DAoC and am playing with a friend that i originally started the game with back in day. Its not bad. I've managed to level 1-20 in just a few hours...its so easy now. and I've got a 50 wiz and prime time is still pretty good. Anyone that is interested hit me up. In game is wiz = wizsauce and Hero = spearsauce

-Ked
I've tried to come back but the whole EA Master Account thing is messed up, I'm not sure whats going on. I know my EA/Origins info, but it dont seem to work when I try it to open a DAoC account up. Tells me the account name and password is wrong, which its not cause I can log into Origin. I've tried my old DAoC account and it tells me its linked to an EA Master account. I've even tried to contact customer support but the CS page is just a run around.

Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

I was also confused by their process. Here is how it works. To log into the EA mythic account management page it's your origin email and pass. In there you will see your daoc linked accounts (it will show your old account name next to it). Once you resub and go to log into daoc, it's your old account name and your origin password. Let me know how it goes.
Kedirem

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I'm doing that, but every time I try to log into EA Mythic account, its wants to set up a new account or enter my Mythic account info, which I tried and says its already linked to a master account.

I'm gonna have to end up calling them.

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

After like 2 weeks of contacting EA then Mythic EA. They finally send my information back, I dont know how but it seems I got hacked and my account linked to a different email account. So no matter what I do I cant reset passwords or anything cause it sends to a different email I have never used. Guess I'll save my money for something else.

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/mark-j ... ckstarter/

"that one big guild tier" $1700 for 30 copies, 3 months sub on each, unique guild talbard.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Zoruk

Post by Zoruk »

Look at all that money poor in. Almost 500K of the 2M needed in six and a half hours. I really hope this ends up working out. I really need something to fix my DAoC void. I'm back in the game again too but with no set character yet. The EA stuff screwed me up too and I can't seem to find where or what account my paladin was associated with so I'm leveling an inf atm named Gibbins.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Nice!

Zoruk, have you checked out Guild Wars 2. From a PvP perspective (open world) it's the closes to DAoC I've seen in a long time.