New Kindred Birth

Feel free to join up with us on Grobbulus in the Horde realm, where our members of darkness are gathering. Dark Kindred has formed a fellowship there for all members who wish to adventure with us in the classic Wrath of the Lich King expansion of World of Warcraft.
Denauticus

Re: New Kindred Birth

Post by Denauticus »

I am still alive!!!!

Yes people I am still alive and doing well. Still spending what gaming time I can muster in EVE. Nothing else on the horizon that I am aware of.

Hope everyone is still doing well.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

For a non-MMO distraction you guys should check out Minecraft. Looks cheesy but is really fun.

http://www.minecraft.net
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Ended up going back to DAoC, and tbh, with little of interest (when it comes to games coming out) on the horizon, I'll most likely be playing DAoC for a long time.

It only took me 11 days to complete my new template and get everythin goin again! (as I got my old char back). If anyone is really bored and wants some PvP action, the DAoC Ywain server seems to be very active.

Cheers,

Hildace
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hildace! I saw you creeping inactively in our ventrilo server one day awhile back.

I was very glad to see you were still around. Enjoy DAoC for now, but I sure hope you reconsider giving WoW a try at Cataclysm's launch.

KoV is bustling there.

Of course, I'd be highly honored to have you back home.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:Hildace! I saw you creeping inactively in our ventrilo server one day awhile back.

I was very glad to see you were still around. Enjoy DAoC for now, but I sure hope you reconsider giving WoW a try at Cataclysm's launch.

KoV is bustling there.

Of course, I'd be highly honored to have you back home.
Yeah I might've popped in but I think everyone was busy at the time :P I'll probably hop in one of these days to chat and tell you how many mids+hibs ive crushed that day hahaha >:D

You know--I'll never forget the kindness you had shown when you helped me out way back when I was lvl 5 or so...you invited me to your guild, answered my questions, and showed me around at a time when I was just starting out...You're a great guy, Cleon--and I hope to stay in touch for quite some time to come. I had a good time with you and the rest of the guild, and although our paths haven't crossed since--I do hope they cross again some time in the future :)

I'll most likely be in DAoC for 6 months-2+ years...as it's been an absolute blast since I returned. I made a new end-game top-notch template and completed it within 11 days of returning, have respecced hybrid (for the anytime shield stun), and have gotten acquainted with some diehard pvpers...some new faces...and some old (Adanvan from the Court came back within the past 2 years).

Tonight after getting zerged 2 or 3 times in a row in the labyrinth, I decided to go out into the frontiers...i followed some random 8man group...and the 9 of us went on to dominate :D I was outside the group, but even without a healer or anythin, i helped out on over 60 kills, died only 3 times (all early on in the action when I wasn't following the group), helped defend a relic in which the mids had hte inner door of the relic keep at 45%...I was right there killing their ram operators..was right there on the front lines during the initial set of kills that led to a push outward (and ultimate victory)...was right there wrecking mids and hibs as we took back 4+ keeps and tons of towers tonight...it was something else :D (granted I had to be careful b/c I didn't have a healer) The Mids and Hibs both hit alb tonight....but we fought back...we fought back hard and won...and we still have 4 of the 6 relics (the same amount we started the night with)!!

This was really only my second time out in the frontiers since I got back (as I've been mainly soloing in the labyrinth, which can also be a lot of fun)....and it was absolutely epic :D I now am on good terms with two of the top pvp teams (Political Refuge and White Knights), and should get a spot in the White Knights team tomorrow (they didn't have any space tonight). I'm in Political Refuge (as an old warhammer pvper friend was the one who invited me), so i can get a group with them as well.

You know what's also great---in any of these keep/tower battles, i can climb up the wall (on a 1 min timer) and wreck anyone on the ramparts or in the courtyard...On one of the later keep battles...I knocked two mids out...popped purge, ignore pain, etc as another 4 chased me out of the keep...I was at like 40% when I jumped off the ramparts to safety (albs were down below) :D I don't have to just beat on doors all day...I can just climb right in there and rock ppl :D

The DAoC server is very active atm, so if you ever get bored of WoW, DAoC is def worth another shot :) It just feels so great to be back in DAoC....although this time my computer is 100x better...and my connection is better as well :D Hildace teh Polearmsman 2.0 :D

Send my regards to the other old timers, if you would :)

Sincerely,

Hildace
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

That is great to hear.

So how does it work now?

Is there only 1 server at this point?

I guess you must change your character's name if you transfer it over or something?

I didn't realize DAOC had anything left.

I might activate one character just to come visit as a side distraction from time to time.

How have things changed with characters/class, etc?

I've thought of restarting accounts in AC and DAOC just for reliving my roots.

I beat Final Fantasy 1 for NES again the other day. Started with a Black Belt, Theif, White Mage and Black Mage. Definitely a challenging group, and really fun checking out games from the past, heh.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:That is great to hear.

So how does it work now?

Is there only 1 server at this point?

I guess you must change your character's name if you transfer it over or something?

I didn't realize DAOC had anything left.

I might activate one character just to come visit as a side distraction from time to time.

How have things changed with characters/class, etc?

I've thought of restarting accounts in AC and DAOC just for reliving my roots.

I beat Final Fantasy 1 for NES again the other day. Started with a Black Belt, Theif, White Mage and Black Mage. Definitely a challenging group, and really fun checking out games from the past, heh.
There's 1 main server--Ywain. It contains a lot of Americans, but also some Europeans as well (as their server was merged with teh US server).

I transferred my old character over pretty easily--nobody has my name..so I did not have to change it. When I got in, I learned that my 120,000 bounty points could get me ML levels, artifacts (including scrolls, activation, etc), artifact experience, champion level experience, special BP items, and lots of money (by buying BP items to be sold to other players--as they can be traded). I bought ML 8,9,10...3 or 4 artifacts (including enough exp to max them out), enough champion exp to go from champ lvl 2 to lvl 10 (max), all BP items in my template...and i still had like 100k+ bounty points left...I sold maybe 30k-40k of those to pay for my final template (some items I got for free, though).

There are some new classes...I'm not sure when you left DAoC...but um..I think the newest characters back then were the bone dancer, necromancer, and possibly teh animist? Now Mid has valkyries...savages......Hib has vampiirs....banshees....valewalkers...alb got heretics....and i think i recognize the rest of the classes...I'm still not able to immediately identify every single enemy class upon seeing htem...some are obviously dps casters...some appear to be healing classes...adn then there are a slew of melee classes...some that self heal..some that dont. I don't know every class' abilities..but am learning :D

There's a DAoC char planner program that is really useful for people coming back (to figure out spec, important attacks/abilities, set up hotbars, figure out realm abilities, etc). So that was teh first thing I worked on...although I ended up changing my char and realm skill specs multiples times before settling on my current setup. The second thing I worked on was designing a gear template (i dont use other's templates) that maxed out just about everything I needed.....that took some time--as I had to learn what items were available to me, and also had to configure them in such a way to max everythin out. There is, however, a great program to help out in designing the template (called GearbunnyX), although some of the newer items will have to be added to teh program, as it doesn't have every single item listed just yet.

Believe it or not, I maxed out my ML level, got 3-4 artifacts + maxed em out, maxed out my champion levels, figured out a great spec for my class, designed a template, completed that template, and got my mythical item all in just under 11 days from the time I first logged back in. 11 days after returning, a near-perfect endgame solo pvp setup ready to go..right where i left off ehehe :D Granted after solo pvping for a while, i decided to change my char and realm skill specs (went hybrid spec on my arms to get the any-angle stun)..and went with a realm skill setup that has purge 3 (instead of determination 5).

Speaking of older games--within the past year, I went back to Baldur's Gate 1 (for the second time) to finally beat the game :D I had beaten Baldur's Gate 2 three times, but hadn't beaten Baldur's Gate 1.....even though it's an older game, I still had a lot of fun playin it :) Bioware does a great job. As for teh Final Fantasy series...I've really only beaten FF7 and FF Tactics...I played through part of FF8 but never beat it :P FF7 is still one of my favorite games though.....but there are just so many games out there I don't always ahve time to play them all (especially when I'm playin an mmo)...I still have to beat dragon age: origins...still have to play mass effect 2...etc :P

Oh and speaking of old timers--I ran into Caror (Carar-Ywain7) in game today :) We even pvp-ed together for a bit in teh Labyrinth:D
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Baldur's Gate, as in the PC RPG or Dark Alliance the console hack & slash based loosely on D&D?
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Leonthor wrote:Baldur's Gate, as in the PC RPG or Dark Alliance the console hack & slash based loosely on D&D?
Baldur's Gate, the PC RPG

To be honest, I didn't even know Dark Alliance existed...I primarily play computer games :P (although I do have 4-5 games for the 360 that I beat pretty easily...and haven't played in a long time)