New Kindred Birth

Feel free to join up with us on Grobbulus in the Horde realm, where our members of darkness are gathering. Dark Kindred has formed a fellowship there for all members who wish to adventure with us in the classic Wrath of the Lich King expansion of World of Warcraft.
Cleon
Guild Master

New Kindred Birth

Post by Cleon »

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that Neighlon and I formed up a small version of the Kindred over in World of Warcraft on Emerald Dream - Alliance, RP/PVP server.

The server is absolutely amazing compared to what we once dealt with on Illidan.

My main is in a Roleplaying/Raiding guild named Crimson Alliance, which has allowed me to learn a good bit of the end-game encounters so far.

I plan to keep my main in Crimson Alliance, however, for my alternates, I wanted to create a home where I know some of our members would be happy to dwell if they chose to come group up casually with Neighlon and I.

I'd love to have many of you join, even if it's just to fellowship and chat.

Don't expect anything too serious other than just getting to group up with and spend time with good ole Kindred members in a land familiar to us all.

Some local members have joined, and are really enjoying the atmosphere and name of the guild. They plan to stick around awhile, and hopefully they will. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll be glad to help any of you get started or established on Emerald Dream. Meanwhile, I look forward to getting caught up with everyone here at the forums. My "Kindred" main is named Uaru. My Hunter main on Crimson Alliance is named Salvini.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Leonthor

Re: New Kindred Birth

Post by Leonthor »

<Bows head in frustration>

Wow everyone a week and no response?

Not even a post to say, no thanks. :(

Eh, maybe it was just a busy week and no one read the post?

I was hoping atleast 1 person might come join us.

Don't care who, but some more company would be cool... even if only once in awhile.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I think you're missing out by not giving Aion a whirl. :P
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Honestly I would have already if I had the money.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I just can't consider getting involved in a "new" game right now.

I am familiar with WoW, so just rolling with the punches and enjoying a game I know has an end-game established.

I'm finally part of a "successful" raiding/roleplaying guild on my hunter, where my hunter is actually needed, and that's made a world of difference.

I'm sure Aion is great and all, but if it is so great, it'll still be there, and be successful in time to come if I ever decide to try it. Just like WoW was, and still is until this very day.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Currently on Perenolde. Moved all my horde characters there from Illidan. Dont really have 55 dollars to transfer and fraction change. Let alone have time, with work, M:tg with friends, and WoW on perenolde. Dont really like DKs, so making one of them would not be fun. Guess I can make it my alliance server, but would play on off days for short times. I'll post later to tell you what I make.

*edit* Plus everything I wanna make for alliance I cant until ex pack. Dwarf Shaman, Worgen Warrior, NE Mage.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Good to see you Adaar.

Currently we are leveling a Warrior and Priest combo and have reached level 30ish now.

In addition, we've found two friends, a husband and wife team (remind me a lot of Palnud and Noelth from DAoC), and they're leveling with us also--Paladin and Mage.

We are wanting a 5th partner we know is good, and would prefer a Shaman or Druid to fill that spot, although we could really put any class there, as we're currently 4-manning every instance we do successfully. Our guild is HIGHLY desiring Druid Tanks, by the way.

Our goals are to level up together, complete heroics together, and then start raiding with CA.

We are playing together about 3-5 nights a week. The other days, I am raiding with Crimson Alliance on my Hunter and cannot play my alts those nights until after midnight CST.

So far, the little group we've got has been the most fun I've ever had in World of Warcraft... ever.

I almost feel like I am in the early days of DAoC. The wonderful guild we're in goes a long way as well.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

yeah I tried Aion out, couldn't stand it, felt like one of them free to play japense games. Went to WoW cause its easy and I know everything already.

My Shaman and Druid are already 80 and in 213+ gear. So couldn't get into your leveling squad. My druid is Resto/Balance, so I only have half good feral gear, with no tanking items. And I'm really tired of healing with both.

71 Priest, 72 Rogue, 70 Mage, and 72 Hunter is what I have left. Add my 53 Warlock too. Although they are all horde, even shaman and druid. Waiting on x-pack to make my Warrior and Paladin, possibley a DK.

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

The leveling squad probably wont be an issue now.

We decided to link accounts and use the RAF option because the couple we were leveling with had RAF and were outleveling us so quickly.

It required Neighlon to wipe his characters, but they were only 20-30 range, and we'll make it back so quickly with RAF bonuses.

The bonuses die at level 60 though, and then it's the normal grind.

We won't really need a 5th person, as our group is good enough playing as a 4-man pretty much.

Nonetheless, we will be running a lot of 5-mans at 80, so that option is not out the window for you yet.

Plus, I think you'd enjoy getting one of those 80's in a raiding guild--they pretty much allow you to spec how you wish.

Either way, we'll have a devoted 5-man group for heroics/badges, and can all 5 raid with the guild on raid nights as well. I think the quality of our playstyle will show considerable added success to the raids.

I'm really looking forward to it.

If you join us with either that shaman or druid, we need DPS--as does our guild. We're good on healing, so you'll get the option to have fun again. We prefer an enh or ele shaman, but hey, a fer Druid would be fine or well enough.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Just stopping in to say "hi" because Neighlon made me feel guilty :oops:

Glad you're having fun. Wish we were playing the same game, but them's the breaks sometimes!
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Kinda torn between 3 servers now. Co-works want me to transfer back and play with them. My IRL buddy who dont get along with them wants me to stay on his server. But I miss my Kindred brethren. I'll just send my Shaman over, and I wont mind going elemental either, my favortie spec. And I love female Draenei's.

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

My Shaman is there now, names Illyad.

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Wahoo! So glad you could join us!

Go to crimsonalliance.guildlaunch.com and fill out their app. I will get you in later once they review it.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Heck, if you get that done within the next hour or so, I might be able to get you in our tonights Uld 25.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Playing WoW with a small well knit group sounds very tempting, though an MMO isn't looking to fit into

my agenda that well. Money is kind of tight and classes are in full force, I also feel guilty for not logging in

catch up with Kestrel! I'm having fun with some xbox 360 games but who know's what might happen

weather, Aion? WoW? SW:tOR? I just wish WoW was back when Entourage was first established, before it

got complicated and the original low level areas were populated.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Guilt wasn't exactly my goal, no wait, yeah it was... 8-)

Good to know we will have a solid 5th when we get to that point, also glad to see people atleast saying hello as well. I hated the idea of wiping out almost 2 weeks of work rerolling those toons but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks by far and it appears Bliz gave me back the 2 weeks credit I had used on the new acct as well, which will help with some financial reservations I had about the timing of when both accts I have would need to be paid.

The forums have been way to quiet for some time, lets try to keep some contact going so if another game comes up that looks more broadly appealing we can try another full rebirth. I honestly think part of what happened within the guild was the sudden change in leadership along with Mythic delivering a massive epic fail on end-game content that didn't meet expectations. In saying that I want to give Denauticus props for doing a great job of holding things together as best he could with no warning and his very busy RL schedule. When attendance started dropping dramatically, he found a very good guild for those remaining to merge with that made the last few months I continued to play enjoyable and memorable. I made some friends there that I miss talking with... Sinnzer, Skragg and yes, even the ever-annoying Redtah, the guy kinda grew on me after a couple weeks.

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Yes, Den did a great job holding the group together and trying to keep up on events and raids and keeping everyone happy. Thanks a lot for stepping up to the plate, speaking of that I haven't heard from Den or Sinsun in awhile. Missing them as well.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Yeap. I apologize for having to bail out. I had emergencies in life I could not avoid, and if you knew half of it, you'd understand my absence.

Nonetheless, things are back to normal on my end, and I've returned. Hate to see that Warhammer flopped, though.

There was so much potential there. I think the game was pushed too hard for an early release date, and no end-game content was the result.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Ach

Post by Ach »

hey peoples

long time no see. glad to hear people are still getting together in games.
i was recently thinking of playing wow again but was too lazy to reinstall everything. ha.
Shame about warhammer. Kinda miss my chosen.

Cleon glad to hear everything is ok.
if i ever get around to reinstalling wow I'll visit you guys on emerald alliance.
Time is kind of an issue atm but i think i can swing by on occassion.
Temujin / Yesukhei
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

es, Den did a great job holding the group together and trying to keep up on events and raids and keeping everyone happy. Thanks a lot for stepping up to the plate, speaking of that I haven't heard from Den or Sinsun in awhile. Missing them as well.
:)

Gentlemen - Glad to see everyone is still alive and well. Life for me has been really busy. Much like the rest of the world the place I work has had some staff changes and has increased the workload on my shoulders by 10x. Most of the time I hardly get any game time during the week. I have been playing a bit of EVE online which I enjoy and it allows me to keep training up, etc. if I dont have time to play. I gave my warcraft account away to a friend or I might consider joining up with you guys.

I still check the boards from time to time - As always, watch out for that Sicyn guy.

PS. Is anyone still playing Warhammer?
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Get a new WoW account.

The Recruit a Friend bonuses are too great to pass up.

You can virtually hit level 60 in less than a week of casual playtime while grouped with the friend who recruited you.

You get 3x the experience from quests and mobs. It's just insane.

Anyhow, I can understand the work load. Same thing happened in my company. Not only did I take over my entire staff's job, I had to take over my boss's job also. I feel like 8 people in one.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Ach wrote: Cleon glad to hear everything is ok.
if i ever get around to reinstalling wow I'll visit you guys on emerald alliance.
Time is kind of an issue atm but i think i can swing by on occassion.

I hope you get a chance to swing on over. Would be fantastic to see your l337ness running around the server in some capacity.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Well its been awhile since I posted on here, so here we go...

Progress on leveling to Uaru and Phoebria has slowed significantly the last week.
But given that Cleon has been sick and only able to play at full strength when medicated, as well as me spending a major chunk of the last week helping with preparations for my daughter's wedding... None the less, Adaar, we will need Illyad soon if you still want to join us.

Now as to my daughter's wedding, as of Friday she is now officially Mrs. Jessica Elliott and anyone wanting to view pictures I believe they will be posted later this week on http://collinandjess.com or my daughter's facebook which I will link later.

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Azro and I started playing WoW again too...on Athras (or something like that). I really like Aion, but I hate playing games alone.

Anyway, we're having a blast with Hunter's in WSG. It's awesome XP and a lot of fun (which says a lot because I've never found WoW all that fun before).

-Sicyn
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Hey Everyone!

I just thought I'd stop by and say hello...it's been quite a while, but I still feel as though my best mmo days were those that I spent back in DAoC. I've been thinking about going back to DAoC lately, but the current DAoC server is post-ToA, and I'd rather play DAoC Origins (or DAoC 2).

I suppose in the meantime I'm still waiting for the next world pvp game (or DAoC Origins / DAoC 2 :D). I've been playing some APB (which is fun imo), but it does not compare to the fun I had in pre-ToA DAoC.

Anyway, I want to wish everyone here well--I won't be going back to WoW, but I will be looking out for the next pvp mmo...hopefully there'll be something good within the next year or two.

Best Regards,

Hildace (mike)