Very hard decision

Discuss previous adventures in former MMO releases.
Leonthor

Very hard decision

Post by Leonthor »

As much as I hate doing it, I have been the only player online in our guild for 3 weeks other than Hamcat who popped on briefly when I was not around.
I have decided to remove my mage from the guild and join Magitek Knights, their primary focus is pvp but they have a raiding core also. Seeing as I like participating in both, thanks to Cleon. I feel this gives me the best chance to gear up for both rather than waiting in LFG queues (pve) all night that never pop.

I will come back to KoV if others return or I get word of a new game that looks appealing.

Miss you all, hope life is treating you well.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Broakin

Re: Very hard decision

Post by Broakin »

HEY YOU TRAITOR!
Just kiddin'! All is well, only thing I wish you continue doing is frequent the boards and run with me if I ever get the time to resub. and level up. :) You gotta do what you need to do to keep having fun!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Quit playing Rift a while now, felt like more of the same. Plus with 3 Souls you kinda feel over burdoned with all the skills. Been playing many offline games, trying to beat Fallout: New Vegas before Skyrim hits. Only MMO I'm looking forward to is Guild Wars 2. If no one has looked into it, might want to now.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Dude, don't feel bad. It's tough to play an MMO with no community.
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

Saw that you left when I logged in last night :) If they need another my Rogue will be 50 soon. Been playing on Sunrest since not many loggin in on. Have the 50 cleric there Kugan...just made it there.
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Crazy irony, I went out and bought a new PS3 the day after this post, haven't logged into Rift since then.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

"game feels like more of the same"....
Exactly what i think of all massive online games anymore. it's why i'm not around.

However, for about 7 months an English server started in "Uncharted Waters Online". It's actually different and good. If you want to check it out, don't immediately judge it's online information because it's originally an Asian Mmorpg. I've never liked Asian online games at all, but this one is different. I'm in a small guild of long-time online gaming friends. If any of you want to try it, you can join it.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Yates! Wow, we haven't seen you around in a long time.

I agree, MMOs are starting to feel like a lot of the same stuff. I end up liking their unique parts (like rifts/world events in Rift) for a bit, but then grow bored quickly.

If Rift had added some RvR component (besides BGs), it could have had me hooked for a while. No game since DAoC (including WAR) has done this well IMO.

-Sicyn
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

agreed
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Yeah I dont think I'll like any other new MMO's. They need to work on DAoC 2.

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Agreed completely, Guild Wars 2 might interest me for awhile... But it feels as if I'm always chasing that feeling DAoC gave me.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Yeah, I'm going to check out GW2 as well.
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

until a true RVR game comes out there won't be a very good MMO. Needs at least 3-4 factions to make it work. Hopefully in my lifespan they will make it work and get something out.

Side Note server transfers are comming soon. I'll be on Sunrest.
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

DAoC ... I doubt it. Mythic had there last Hurah with Warhammer. Although they are not entirely to blame - The acquisition of Mythic by EA certainly hampered the launch of the game. EA historically has launched FPS games, console games, etc. The acquisition of Mythic was there attempt to get back into the MMO space after they saw the $$$$'s flowing into Blizzards bank accounts.

Ah well. Sonya Quit, Sicyn sucks and the concept of the relics are long forgotten. /release /rinse /repeat.

It would be really nice if someone came up with a new creative MMO concept. I am still playing RIFT with 2-3 friends and EVE with some others.

I vote with all come up with a new game and have Sicyn write the code. He looks bored. :)
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

What shard are you on?
Perhaps I can use the free transfer thing to pop over and say Hi.

Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Wolfbane - Guardian.

Playing a pyro mage. - Name Denauticus.
Current:

Retired:
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Ugh, Guardian, if I transferred, I would have to try killing you :P

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Guardian blows...of course Den picked it.
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Actually I didnt pick some other friends did but whatever. Leon - I am gonna roll a tank also. So if you want someone to level with let me know.
Current:

Retired:
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

I may try to log on this weekend for a bit, but I have canceled my account and only have 3 days of play time left on it.
It was cool getting to say Hi to you in game the other day, even with moving my 50 mage on Harrow to the other guild, the game itself was showing signs of being more of the same grind WoW was at max level and with only warfronts for active pvp...
Lets just say it left me feeling uninspired to push on.

Really having fun with the couple of games I have for my PS3 and playing DDO the last few days.

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Currently only playing League of Legends atm, my name there is SnakeNtheGrass. Also enjoying the mega discounts on Steam this week. Playing Just Cause 2, didn't think I would like it but its amazon. Also got Magicka, Bad Company 2, Dungeons and the new Mount and Blade for dirt cheap.

Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hey guys, good to see everyone chatting it up. Yates, how have you been, brother?

I just came back after a 7 month break from gaming. Went through yet a second divorce. This time I married a foreign woman, and she used me for citizenship and ran off (with all my dough) once she had the card.

Just my luck, eh?

Anyhow, moving right along now and trying to get back into the swing of things since my recovery. I just can't catch a break.

...or is it, breaks are the only thing I am catching?!

Either way, I am back. Is anything fun going on?

Meanwhile, I am just biding time playing with a Druid in WoW... sadly enough, WoW feels more like a Facebook game these days.

Repetitive and pointless.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Now, take a 7-month break from getting married! Glad you're still in tact. :)

-Lon
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Well, Rift is free for a week as they celebrate their "half birthday".
And by the time I get around to writing this there are only 4 days left.

Anyone want to join up and tool around on Harrow/Defiant before time runs out?

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

I might log to rift and hangout for a bit, but it's nice to see you still fighting Cleon! I hope all is well and for happier times to come. As of now I am watching Guild Wars 2 develop. It looks very promising with a different combat style and different group mechanics. I suggest you look it up. I also am paying attention to Star Wars: The Old Republic, just to see if it amounts to anything. As of right now I have only been fiddling around with Starcraft 2 that my buddy got me into and recently picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Revend
Broakin
Lothae