So what do people need help with getting?

Discuss previous adventures in former MMO releases.
Brok

So what do people need help with getting?

Post by Brok »

For myself I'll just be joining T4 organized guild RvR again soon on my Chosen and possibly my Marauder. I get annihilator and then conqs (someday) via RvR, so gear wise with the influence rewards I don't have any outside PvE goals atm (I haven't done a dungeon yet so I may change my mind on that depending on what I think of it).

But I'd like to join in and help others get whatever they need. If it is levels I can join in with marauder who needs levels. If it is gear I can tank on my Chosen or we can get keeps and hand off gold bags.

So please post here so that everyone in the guild can see and then we can plan stuff if people overlap.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Kestrel_Trebor

Re: So what do people need help with getting?

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Brok, who's your maurader and what level is he? Would be great to have another lvl 40 maurader to have coverage at all times -- I can help you level if needed ;)

My PvE:

1) Shoulders of Ruin (from lvl 17+ PQs)
2) Focus of Bloodborne (Bastion) OR Focus of Watcher (Blood/Bile)
3) Dark Promise Feet/Belt/Hands
4) Sentinel (as much as needed to run Lost Vale for DP gear)
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Brok

Post by Brok »

Terrok is my marauder and he is lvl 34 with alot of rested xp to work through. I'll have him 36+ soon and then will work on getting rr35 (he's rr33) so I can start wearing annihilators.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Famine

Post by Famine »

I am willing to help as long as people need it and I am not busy with something else.

My needs:
Bloodlord chest (this is gonna be tough it seems)
Ruin helm/shoulders
DP boots/belt

Another option is DP boots/belt/glove and sent chest arms shoulder.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Bloodlord chest is not so bad. Sin and I both have final boss unlocked -- I think Erumi probably does as well. Really just one more full blood run and we'll have a full group with it unlocked.

The only reason it's hard though is that you have to go through all of the North wing to get there -- so can't just run and do it, takes like an hour to get there.
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)

Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

So, finally got the shoulders, and let me just say

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

For Bastion, which I think Neighlon and Famine both need, let's start running it once/twice a week. We're going to try for Mon/Thurs for blood/bile for the "early group." So what night is good for Famine and Neighlon for bastion? Wednesday and Sunday? I forget your schedules -- please post in the play time thread over here as well:

http://www.kindredofvaliance.com/phpbb3 ... f=63&t=845

So that leaves Tuesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday for RvR !^#!&^*&!^#&*!^#!

Joppy

Post by Joppy »

I could use one piece of City gear, then I can buy the belt on the AH to get the 2 piece bonus. I could use more city gear to get some more wards, but I have run blood and bile several times and a Squig piece has yet to drop. I have two greater wards from my conquerer gloves and feet.

As I mentioned to Den yesterday when he invited me to do a PQ, I hate grinding PvE mobs for hours. I can stand the dungeons a bit since the boss fights take a little bit of strategy, but doing PQ I want to gouge my eyes out. After 1 year doing pve in City of Heroes and 4 years doing pve in WoW I have a very low tolerance for PvE. I will do it if I have to get gear for RvR, but it is not my preference.

I bought this game because it was billed as being able to level and get geared up doing nothing but pvp. For the most part this is true, however the ward system (which sucks) makes you have to pve to be able to kill fort lords and the King in the city encounters.

I am hoping once we get everyone to 40 and geared enough we will be running around in 6 or 12 man guild groups kicking butt in pvp. I have fun running in pug and alliance warbands, but I would prefer to be in a guild group in vent, pulling of cool stratagies and becoming a well oiled machine. I hope we start doing more of that soon.
Brok

Post by Brok »

Grats Kez and I found out from doing a Bile run with Kez+ was pretty easy. I think it could be done in an hour to an hour and a half which is pretty fast for a dungeon.

Never been to Blood or bastion but hopefully they are just as fast or faster.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Brok wrote:Never been to Blood or bastion but hopefully they are just as fast or faster.
Blood = about 45 minutes (or less).

Bastion = quick if you don't have to farm influence or do the quests. After we have the influence and quests for everyone, and assuming you're going in with lvl 40's:

West - 15-30 min
East - 15-30 min
North - 1 hour

The North is the longest, because it just takes a while to get through stuff and, unlike the West/East, you can't fast forward/bypass it.

But it's worth it to kill the final boss at least once, just because his death animation rules (although it's repeated someplace else in the game, the setting makes it more epic for the Bastion boss. . .).