DAoC Origins a go now?

Discuss previous adventures in former MMO releases.
Broakin

DAoC Origins a go now?

Post by Broakin »

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... p?t=242927

Your thoughts? i did a lil searchin around and supposedly the OF were/are being loaded onto Pendragon. Check the Grab Bag of 1/23... a lil suspicious. On camelotherald.com that is
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Denauticus

Re: DAoC Origins a go now?

Post by Denauticus »

Although this is cool for historical visits I don't plan on spending any time there. The days of DAoC are long over.

A new battle rages in our own frontier. The swords of shields of the Destruction fighting force challenge our rivals in a game of blood. My efforts against there are relentless (until I have to sleep) ha!. Even now at the close of my work day my mouth waters as I savor the battle to come. Sharpen your swords and axes, ready your spells and stave's... the enemy and there infinite defiance await us even now...
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Brok

Post by Brok »

Can't say I have any urge to go back. The frontier setup is better than what WAR has but WAR is simply better in just about all other ways (just misses on the small GvG combat, mainly due to lack of frontier size and lack of speed 5). Furthermore, it was more the community and sense of realm that made DAoC what it was. We all put up with poor balance and broken game mechanics because we wanted to win for our realm. Granted WAR doesn't foster the kind of realm pride DAoC once did but it does have some of those elements. I am not sure any game will ever capture the feel we had in DAoC.

It is really too bad Mythic didn't make DAoC 2. Would have been easier to implement than what they have. With the PvE they have in game it would have been fun to level up (as opposed to the old school DAoC grind we all did) and instead of end-game dungeons just put that effort into dungeons we all use to level up and get gear before we head off into the frontier. And I think just 1 frontier with battlegrounds like in DAoC would have worked great (scenarios are fun but really, no need for em. Shoudl have just made some guild group arena scens). They almost did that, really wonder why not.

Ah well.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
grindle

Post by grindle »

I miss Emeryc, Grindle, Raad stealth groups at the mile wall :(

Too bad I was the only one that couldn't stealth...

:/
Grihji - 35 Bright Wizard
Grindle - 40 Shadow Warrior
Vanhusen

Post by Vanhusen »

I think origins is on the back burner for now. Mythic needs to stablize WAR before making origins. But I have to agree with Brok, DAoC just had that special something that made you log on everynight to either get gank or gank. But as albs, its mostly getting gank :( I was about to try out the trial of daoc ( about to move and shutting down the net till in new place), but couldnt bring myself to it. Everyone I know that played it moved on, Sad thing. I however doing the WAR trial on phoenix throne/destruction. Once we are all moved and net back up, gonna sub back up.

What I think war should have done was make it 1 frontier and tier 1-3 have somekind of mini rvr..Can be the bgs like daoc. But havent played in a long time, so things might have changed. If anyone remembers, can certainly /tell. Be as Vanhusen. Thinking magus/dok/shaman. We'll see
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Vanhusen wrote:I think origins is on the back burner for now. Mythic needs to stablize WAR before making origins. But I have to agree with Brok, DAoC just had that special something that made you log on everynight to either get gank or gank. But as albs, its mostly getting gank :( I was about to try out the trial of daoc ( about to move and shutting down the net till in new place), but couldnt bring myself to it. Everyone I know that played it moved on, Sad thing. I however doing the WAR trial on phoenix throne/destruction. Once we are all moved and net back up, gonna sub back up.

What I think war should have done was make it 1 frontier and tier 1-3 have somekind of mini rvr..Can be the bgs like daoc. But havent played in a long time, so things might have changed. If anyone remembers, can certainly /tell. Be as Vanhusen. Thinking magus/dok/shaman. We'll see
We moved to Prophets of Malal, so if you see no one in Dark Kindred, look there.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Vanhusen

Post by Vanhusen »

When that happen? Bummer you can only choose 2 servers for trial :( Guess I gotta sub up