Le sigh...

Discuss previous adventures in former MMO releases.
Famine

Le sigh...

Post by Famine »

Who didn't see this coming? It's my turn to take a bow and leave the game. I will not be discontinuing my account so if you need me at any point den has my number and can reach me. If I am available I will hop on and help out. I wish you all luck and I want you all to know that I will be back. It will be between now and the first expansion I'm sure. Mythic has just made both of my classes weak since 1.2 came out (Played a lot of test realm with it before it went live) and I've decided to take this break because of that. I trust in mythic, thus I will not cancel my account. I don't mind giving my 2nd favorite game company (square enix!!!) 15 bucks a month to continue to support them. Thank you all for your help with my toons and I hope I was able to help you with yours. I will be back and this isn't the last you've seen of Famine, Tensor (and his floating disk), and Nibblefritz! I promise that.
We are the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse.
ίππος χλωρός, θάνατος- Death
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Hasil- Tip 1. Don't type and drive. Tip 2. Don't follow a leader who is typing
Kestrel_Trebor

Re: Le sigh...

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Lies! Have fun on your slayer :)

Seriously, hope to see you back soon. The Choppa is actually fun, and I think that the Marauder didn't get hit that hard -- but you gotta play what you have fun with, man! You're the only guy I know who actually still played half decent while having phone sex. And that one time you didn't mute Vent was hilarious. . .
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Famine

Post by Famine »

I am not playing a slayer, I promise you that, and I never had phone sex, it was more of the yes dear, uh huh and other non commital grunts to make her think I was listening. Like I said, I'll be back, and I AM NOT playing a slayer. I'm too involvd with Resident Evil 5, CoD:4, Left 4 Dead, and Street Fighter 4!
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

I'm gonna post that Vent recording once I find it. . .
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)

Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Famine,

Sorry to hear that your interest in the game is fading. You and I spoke over chat before you posted and hopefully you will return after taking some time off. I think everyone does this eventually :) I took an extended afk from DAOC twice for 2-3 months.

Anyways, dont be a stranger and keep an eye on the forums.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Famine

Post by Famine »

Lol kez, I will kill you, (although I would love to hear it, send it to me in a pm!!!)

den, I'll be back I told you I would and it is only a matter of time.
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Broakin

Post by Broakin »

Famine, i think my xbox live account is still active... whats your username? i havent been on in a long time but i have cod 4, and really close to buying L4D and resident evil 5... ill try and hop on with ya and play for a lil
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Famine

Post by Famine »

Babyfaced Ronry is my XBL tag, I am on all the time, just installed WC3 TFT again too, name is MogulKahn if you wanna play some dota I might be on that as well, if you want to reach me for any reason email is rlfors3@hotmail.com
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Babyfaced Ronry
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL /boot from guild.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Famine wrote:Lol kez, I will kill you, (although I would love to hear it, send it to me in a pm!!!)
PM?! I don't think so. I think these forums will host the file quite nicely (for all to hear). :P
Vinleaded

Post by Vinleaded »

/agree with Denauticus :lol:
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Famine

Post by Famine »

It's my mafia name, my friends Teddy Pancho and 10-fingers keefy will show you!
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Sinsan

Post by Sinsan »

Sorry to see you leave like the rest. We are having a blast since the merger. Your class is not as broken as you think. However if you are not having fun then thats what matter. Kez ditched us becasue he wasnt having fun. Now he runs all kinds of PVE with his new guild and next to no ORVR :P .........Just messing with you Kez!!! My new system kicks some major butt and made the game more enjoyable for me again. Good teamwork and ORVR make all the difference. I have seen quite a few Maur and Magus do very will with the right group mix.
Never give up its not an option.
Sinsun - Soceress (Main)
Sinsaw - Black Guard
Sinsan - Black Orc
Famine

Post by Famine »

The problem with magus, they are a 1 trick pony with rift, which is cool, but I don't do useful damage. I might rack up huge numbers in scenarios or Orvr, but its useless damage because all it takes is a couple hots and my dots are completely wiped out. As far as my marauder, even though they changed TE it wasn't working properly when I tried it out, it would still take 2s to cast and it would only be active from the spot you started casting, so if I were chasing someone to TE em, it wouldn't work because they ran too far away from the original spot that I tried to TE.

Your pc looks rather pretty I must say :) Like I said though I'll be back, I'm like a cockroach :)
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War

Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Famine, I have a friend who went DPS on his Magus and loved it. When you're back, you might say "screw rift" and try that -- I forget what line he built in. . .

Sin -- yeah, can't escape PvE. Been running more of it, but still need to finish up PvE and TW members are doing that as well. And just starting Vale, on 2 toons, !^&^!*#&^!&. The bright side is that every run is fast now, even Vale (relatively -- still got 3 wings . . .).

Brok

Post by Brok »

Yeah marauder and magus both aren't the right classes with the latest changes. You can play em, they do ok, but I know it must be frustrating.

Breaks are good anyways. Just see yah when you come back, hopefully sooner than later.

And it seems choppas > slayers but both seem very good/op when played by a compenent player.
Brov - 40 Chosen
Terrok - 40 Marauder
Tarnak - 40 Sorc most active char for me atm
Brok - 24 Zealot
Bror - 20 Magus
Famine

Post by Famine »

Kez, the havoc line (100ft+) has been severely nerfed in the past couple of patches, and the changing line is absolutely infuriating.

Havoc: Firestorm nerfed, tactics are iffy at best, and over all the spells take too long to cast for too little effect

Changing: Compare this line to our mirror engineers grenadier and you'll see just how insanely UP magus are and OP engis are. They have throwing arm (which puts all their spells at 98ft minimum rather than our 65ft)

Engineers also have a ranged auto attack, we dont. Our disk is supposed to be amazing. In fact the disk we ride on is supposed to be one of the strongest daemons ever. Instead it's a flashy wheelchair, by flashy I mean it puts me above everyone in the battlefield and makes me easy pickins for target selection.
ίππος λευκός -Pestilence
ίππος μέλας-Famine
ίππος πυρρός-War