Aion

Discuss previous adventures in former MMO releases.
Kugan

Aion

Post by Kugan »

Anyone going to play it.

http://www.aiononline.com/us/

At least its been up and running in Korea for a year plus already.... PVP two sides open RVR for keeps, Best gear from RVR, and third faction (NPC) weighs in when one side gets to powerful..
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Leonthor

Re: Aion

Post by Leonthor »

I may take a look at it, will have to see
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Erumi

Post by Erumi »

It's peaking my interest. I'll wait until it's released before I make up my mind about it.
DAoC Perc--
Leocyn MacTavish (RIP) You always remember your first.
Hava the Cabalist (MIA) I think I'll miss you most of all.
WoW Lightninghoof--
Erumi de Shaman / Taurion the Engineer
WAR Phoenix Throne--
Erumi da Shaman / Hava the Magus
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Definitely playing this. I'm playing in China so I can hit the ground running in September, and pre-ordered the CE.

I've never been a "game hopper" -- played DAOC for many many years. But WAR just decimated me, and playing AION is sooooooo sweet especially after the embittering experience that was WAR RvR. . .

Great performance, class balance, a real crafting system, lots to do without feeling like a "grind." I should be PvPing within a week or two, I'll let you know how it is.

I really have high hopes for AION :) It's definitely less of a pure PvP game when compared with WAR -- but that doesn't matter b/c WAR had too many problems to make its PvP enjoyable for the long haul. AION has the prospect of having more small-scale combat as well, which makes me drool ;)

Thing is, WAR promised a lot and when it failed to deliver, that kinda crushed it. AION, you go in knowing, for example, that gear will make more of a difference than it did in WAR. But you have real ways to get good gear, like a viable crafting system. And player skill (as opposed to poor class balance, lag and performance issues, etc.) actually will decide fights in AION even though the gear will matter more. . .

Yes, I sound like a fanboi ;) If anyone wants to join me on the Chinese servers, check out the instructions here:

http://tempest-wolves.guildlaunch.com/f ... &gid=66798

It's really affordable, and really fun ;)
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)
Erumi

Post by Erumi »

Glad to hear from a trusted old comrade that the game is good. I'll grab it once it's released here in the states. I've been scratching my pvp itch by playing in BG's in DAOC ( got a month free--not on my old account so I started a couple of toons--leveling is super fast now so you can start in Thid in like 2 days.) I also reactivated my WAR account ( 10 days free!! ) just to check out the expansion. Didn't get a lot done in the new area before Order took it over, but had a great time in T3 with Buckminsta! As fun as both games can be at times, there's no way I can go back to either on a long term basis. Here's to Aion in hopes that it delivers!! But I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid on this one, as the giant glass of WAR I quaffed has left bitter undertones!! :mrgreen:
DAoC Perc--
Leocyn MacTavish (RIP) You always remember your first.
Hava the Cabalist (MIA) I think I'll miss you most of all.
WoW Lightninghoof--
Erumi de Shaman / Taurion the Engineer
WAR Phoenix Throne--
Erumi da Shaman / Hava the Magus
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

kestrel. i miss you. I try to hop on PoM vent but no one is on! go on sometime so i can catch up or just talk or what not!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

was on the Aion-forms. Random post about a beta key just opened. Tried it out and it worked. Yay for me? :)
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Kestrel_Trebor

Post by Kestrel_Trebor »

Lol -- heya Broak, miss you guys, too ;)

I'm always on TW vent -- I'll post info in the private forums so you can hop in.
MMO's Played Include The Realm, Meridian 59, UO, AO, AC2, DAOC, WOW
DAOC 2001-2006, Toons Included:
Kestrel (sorceror, alb perc) --> Hasil (infiltrator, alb perc) --> Bardif (healer, mid guin) --> Chianan (bard, hib merlin)
Sacred Brotherhood, Ascendency, Solarius

WAR --> Hasil the Witch Elf
WAR --> Keztrel the Zealot (someone stole Kestrel!!!)