Kindred Members - Former and Present - Please Read

Who are we, and where did we come from? Our story can be found here.
Cleon
Guild Master

Kindred Members - Former and Present - Please Read

Post by Cleon »

My friends of the Kindred Family who have become a part of our lore for the past 17 years, I implore you to read and take part in a current project.

I have been in the process of writing a novel in relation to the Kindred for a long time, but most of what I have written thus far is prequel to our existance in the gaming worlds.

Instead, it rather leads into what we become, although the stories will not be based in the lands of the games we've played.

Instead, it is a fantasy world of our own, and I am now reaching the point where the present (known as the past 10 years or so) is coming into motion in the storyline.

What I need, or desire, from each of you, is permission.

Permission to use your character or real names, or a variation thereof, to represent your place within the chapters of the Dark Kindred Chronicles. Chances are, if your character name is embedded within the pages of my written work, I will make your epic character representative of both personality and specializations you were once known for during your gaming.

Also, if you have a preference of how your name is spelled or used, make it known here. I obviously cannot use names that run together, like "Ipwnoobz," but I can utilize a first and last name scenario--such as Jeff's "Neighlon." A last name would strengthen such a name, such as Neighlon Rockwelle, or such.

I want to use as many of our guild members' names as acceptable within the storyline. Please provide your permissions and preferences, and I shall take it from there.

This is not a joke in the least bit. Some novels are in the works--real, legitimate works--which I hope to release and make available in the future.

This is your chance to become a part of something greater than just an online gaming community. Your character or real name could have a signature imprint to put down in literature history in the fantasy genre.

If you do not wish your selection to be public on the forum, feel free to send me a Private Message or email me directly at amorck@akme.co

Yes, that is correctly spelled as .co and not .com

Thank you in advance for all of your support, folks.

If you have questions, ask away!
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Leonthor

Re: Kindred Members - Former and Present - Please Read

Post by Leonthor »

I would be happy to allow the use of some of my character names in the epic tale of Kindred of Valiance / Dark Kindred.
I have a couple of requests / guidelines:
Neighlon was originally to have been descended from elven blood and his last name should be Tempestu / Tempestis or something storm related, and was an only child raised by his Grandfather most of his life.
Leonthor's last name should be Draconus or have the word Dragon or Drake worked into it and is all he knows of his heritage, he and his twin sister Leona were war orphans raised by the church (druids if wow related). Their parents were killed in the war and their home was in territory that was lost / destroyed.
If you want to use any of my other character names, let me know I will give you the info.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Can use any of my characters. Miq Soulforge (or Miquella Soulforge)(Miq pernounced Mick) was a briton Paladin on the verge of loosing her faith. Zierra the brit Heretic. Adaar undead rogue (wow) could be a villian being undead. Dont think I have any other toons. Hexine over on Warhammer, Zealot. Had a inconnu Reaver over on Gareth that rep'ed KoV named Hexine Belmont that was in a duel tournament (video online:) )(Also Belmont might not fly with the Castlevania Series, Belmont being the characters lastname, and they use alot of whips)
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Thanks guys. All great uses there, and certainly nice last names.

As for Belmont, not sure I can actively pursue names of trademark unless I simply modify the spelling.

Jeff, what is the backstory on Persephanie? I always liked that name.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Ash

Post by Ash »

Hiya Cleon ;)

You're welcome to use "Ashret" if needed or any of the alts I had (there were so many I can't remember them all), if it will help in any way!

Ash ;)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Thank you, Ashret!

I have some special content in mind for your character, and was hoping you'd grant some permissions.

By the way, my contact as changed. I suppose I should update folks. 251-201-0456. Send a text whenever.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

Yates Bast may be used. Good luck.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Thank you!

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Kugan

Post by Kugan »

Fell free to use Kugan the old briton drunken cleric that ran across you leaving the round table after being kicked out of court for rightous behaviors. He may have been partly blind and a wee bit quiet, but when he had to help out or leave to run foolish tasks with others he always can find his way home...sometimes after years.

Hope all is well and look forward to some history to fill in those gaps of memory and lost time.
Hello Rift: Defiant: Sunrest/Harrow Misare - Rogue, Kugan-Cleric, Misary- Mage, Kugen-Warrior

World of Tanks- Misare - Its free and fun so why not.
DAOC
Kugan, Weild, Socrot, Kugavt, Rigarus- and variuus others
Guilds that I have been proud to have belonged to: KOV, Purgatory(Original), Nemesis, Umbrage, Lucked out, Reign of Fury
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Feel free to use my pole armsman Hildace (pronounced, Hil-dace, "usually pronounced ace, not oss"..sometimes nicknamed hil, hild or ace). I still miss duking it out with the mids and hibs back in the old frontiers...hopefully some day when RL isn't so crazy, I'll be back at it! :)

Best,

Hildace (Mike)
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Persephanie I never really made a detailed background on, but she was originally going to be Leona (Leonthor's twin sister). However the name was not available and I decided I wanted something that started with a different letter. I suppose we could say Leona is her first name but only her brother uses it when they are alone. Everyone else knows her by her middle name, to distinguish them from one another & avoid confusion in combat or during training.
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hildace, do you have a last name preference? Your character is about to be introduced in Ch. 31 as a war captain.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:Hildace, do you have a last name preference? Your character is about to be introduced in Ch. 31 as a war captain.
hmmm that's pretty cool...hmm but I'm not really sure on the last name...I did use Esqueleto as a last name back in DAoC (mainly b/c it sounded cool at the time..but it has a lame meanin lol)--but that's a spanish last name and I don't have an ounce of spanish blood in me lol. I'm Irish, Scottish, and Ukranian..and my actual last name is of french origin, but most of them settled in Ireland..so I'm mostly Irish.

Maybe a last name that means warrior or fighter...like the irish/scottish gaelic name for warrior/hero-->Laoch, for example. That'd be pretty cool.

Best,

Hildace (Mike)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hey everyone!

Bumping up an old thread, as it is quite necessary.

The first book of my series has now reached the editing and illustration phases!

Search for the Sword of Legends
Book 1: Dark Discerner

I had a lot transpire in the previous years and was unable to devote time to working on this project as I had hoped, but these past two years have proven most beneficial in catching up.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have the first few edited chapters in PDF form.

The first few chapters will introduce a few names to the scene, such as Cleon, Midas, Hildace, Kugan, Ruby and Emerald. Many others follow in CH 4 and beyond.

This has been one of the most exciting things I have ever written, and I ultimately chose to take it more fantasy sci-fi to keep things in the realm of reality and possibility--thus, no magic. Instead, advanced technologies.

That said, there is the semblance of magic, and it is in a wonderful future setting taking place in the past... huh? Exactly. You'll have to read it to gather that information. I did not base it on our gaming scene, but I did keep much personality of the characters with the names I used.

I still have two more books in this series to write and a follow-up 2 part series to follow on a side plot.

I am still hoping other KoVers will allow me to utilize their names.

Also, please do not be offended if one of your names gets used as a villain. I promise, they'll be a worthy one. ;)

I cannot believe it has been nearly 30 years since the Kindred first formed. How time flies?

Life on my end has been eventful as we started a garden center on the northern gulf coast (AKME Gardens). You can look us up, we are on google, facebook and have a website for plants. I have a grandchild on the way, same time as my wife has a new child on the way--a most interesting and unexpected turn of events. :D

Hope to hear from those still active here. If you have interest in the novel, I can send the sampler PDF chapters to you via email if preferred until the full version releases and is published.

-Adam (aka Cleon)

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Denauticus is for sure a Villain :twisted:
Broakin

Post by Broakin »

First time logging in for a... while!

It brings me so much joy that this forum is still going with occasional check-ins of names I have not read in many years. Hope everyone is doing well!

Cleon you may use any of my names if they fit your project! I agree with Sicyn, Den is 100% villain.

I believe I 'joined' KoV when I was 12ish. I'm now 31!
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Broakin wrote: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 09:21 MST First time logging in for a... while!

It brings me so much joy that this forum is still going with occasional check-ins of names I have not read in many years. Hope everyone is doing well!

Cleon you may use any of my names if they fit your project! I agree with Sicyn, Den is 100% villain.

I believe I 'joined' KoV when I was 12ish. I'm now 31!
Crazy how time flies! You aren't far from being an old timer like the rest of us. :D

Got locked out for a while because I forgot my information, and couldn't log in on the new device, lol

Anyhow, since my last post, my newest granddaughter was born a few months back. Lucinda Rose. Her and my daughter are doing quite well. Good and healthy.

My newest daughter has also arrived, Karina Iris, and she is about to be a month old now.

Truly appreciate you folks letting me use these awesome names.

Maybe one day Camelot Unchained will actually surface so we can all tag team aside one another again.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]