I worry Guild Wars 2 will be too hard for me!

Members of the Kindred venture into a land of guild wars and battle to survive. Participate right here!
Yates Yellowrat Bast

I worry Guild Wars 2 will be too hard for me!

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

Yes, I know, strange coming from me, a wizard in DAoC who could more than hold his own. Actually, I have never shown in a mmorpg like I did in DAoC. I can't really put my finger on why. And likewise, in GW2, I worry that the action and clicking is too fast for me. Part of it is age. I realized, when i was about 33 years old, that my reflexes in games were slower than just a couple years before. And I'm 44 now, and I find myself having a hard time grasping the game mechanics of GW2. I don't seem to have the energy to research the game. When I do, I see how fast good pvp'rs are clicking on all these abilities and things, and I feel like I won't be able to compete. I bought the game and so I'm going to give it a shot- how much of a shot, I don't know. Maybe if i pick the perfect class for me, I will do ok. I don't know which class that would be, yet.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: I worry Guild Wars 2 will be too hard for me!

Post by Sicyn »

I found up-close too chaotic, even though that's what I preferred in the DAoC days. So I'll be picking a ranger or a caster class.

I did play a little open world pvp the last beta weekend, and found it pretty fun. I felt pretty squishy though, because my gear sucked...but that's true with any game.
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Re: I worry Guild Wars 2 will be too hard for me!

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

I've always preferred a range class. Maybe a mezmer? I don't know. I fear pvp is just too stressful for me these days. And I don't like pve. So I'm a bit stumped.