Overhaul and Usage

No matter what game you're playing, you can talk about any of them here. This is just a social room where gamers can come together and relate to one another.
Cleon
Guild Master

Overhaul and Usage

Post by Cleon »

The time has come that I provide an update.

Being that I am active again in WoW (having tremendous fun in BFA), I have started a Dark Kindred raiding team on Illidan - Horde.

This is your official Kindred call to arms if you're interested. Tuesdays/Thursdays 10p-12a. Heroic and Mythic.

We are now partnered with the world's largest online gaming community (Currently Online). Their resources are phenomenal, and set up is professional. I am honored to be a part of that community, and I'm sure any of our Kindredites would feel quite welcome as well.

My Battle tag is Stibnites#1621. Hit me up if interested.

You can either transfer a character here, or if you choose to level a fresh toon (like I did with a few), then I will help any of you both level and gear and provide all the resources you need to start fresh. Due to the new crafting system, there is no need for you to focus on leveling trade skills until the final zone--so don't feel starting over is daunting. It's very easy now to start from scratch, and Illidan-Horde has one of the strongest (if not the best) economies in WoW.

I will be updating the website here to reflect the changes, and will be getting rid of the old content. Our forums will once again be flourishing hopefully, and I am looking forward to getting back into gear once again. Miss all of you, and hopefully we can reunite in some ways.

Long live the Kindred!
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Re: Overhaul and Usage

Post by Adaar »

I play, but I mostly just level characters and farm gold. And thats 2-3 times a week. Most of my evenings have been taking up with playing D&D and running it online. I also haven't been in a WoW guild since Forbidden Sin, yeah I know, solo causal since then, only raid I raid are the ones I can do solo, 2-3 x packs down the road. I am planing on stopping the sub on WoW, and checking out a new DAoC freeshard. Good luck on raiding, hope to venturte with you again in Camelot Unchained.
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Adaar, how has it been in the DAOC Freeshard? I heard the rules are fairly strict.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Pheonix Server is awesome. A lot of quality of life changes have been made. A few I can think of:

You can obtain all crafting on one character

Pheonix Feathers, you receive at end game farming. End game raid encounters (dragon, raid dungeons) you can use Pheonix Feathers to purchase items that drop in these places as long as you have credit (completing once)

XP Items, certain monsters will drop XP Items, you turn in stack of 10 to receive almost a full level.

New crafting items, potions with 100 charges

Leveling is a lot faster, some people can get to level 50 in 24 hours, faster if you have a guild group knowing what they are doing with the right classes.

Only 2 quest in the whole game. Necklace quest which gives you a 80 utility necklace, and the Epic Armor quest. (Necklace Quest is a 4 part quest, where the Epic Armor quest is kill one monster and done)

Pheonix Tears, you get for solo'ing, turn in enough of these to get XP from your trainer. Combine these with XP items results in quick solo leveling.

Tons of groups looking to level.

Monsters are not in the original place for live server. Monsters have been moved around to make it easy to level. So a little disappointed some areas of maps, far off corners, are empty.

RvR is old frontiers (I haven't delved too much into RvR yet, but lots of 8 mans, and sometimes zerg), they are currently developing all ToA zones into a free for all PvP zone, much like Mordred Server. Not a lot of people playing BG's (Thidranki ect)

There is usually a stead population of about 500-700 on each realm. Weekends this is higher.

Housing works like live server.

You can /train anywhere instead of going back to the trainer every time you level to get new abilities. You can respec your specializations and your realm abilities as much as you want until level 50, then you have to kill the dragon for respec stones, or purchase from housing, or with pheonix feather.

There is only the classic and SI classes and races, anything beyond that is closed off.

Task, not the old level 1-20 task, but something new. This is a new window you can open with /task which will tell you how to get bonus XP, RP. This changes everyday, and tells you what zone to fight in to obtain extra RP. For XP it will list certain monster types that give extra XP (magical, animal, insect, ect)

LFG, Advice and Trade are now realm wide chats.

They have also done minor changes to some classes. Like the Friar, they made his healing on the same level as cleric. Put the Thane on the same DPS chart as the Warrior. Things like this.

Check it all out here: http://playphoenix.wiki/category/qol/
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I had it installed. Decided to go ahead and make some characters and try it out.

I pretty much made 1 of each available class.

You'll find me most likely on Cleon, a Thane.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Denauticus

Post by Denauticus »

Hello Everyone,

Really long time and no chat... :)

About 2 weeks or so ago I get this random text message from Sicyn. After some smack talk he mentioned this site is still up and running (Not sure why he pays the bills). Nevertheless, I figured I would drop in and say hello.

So updates:
I don't really game that often anymore. After WoW and WarHammer I feel like the draw towards MMO's faded. I gave RIFT a spin, played some more EVE online (4x) and some other random games. I still play some console games from time to time but thats about it.

Family stuff: I am now a father of twin girls (who are 7) which you can also image consumes a fair amount of time. I have also relocated from California to Washington as we love living near the forest vs. the California suburbs. We found an amazing house, sits on 1/2 acre, beautiful neighborhood - I honestly can't complain.

Anyways - maybe someday Ill rejoin in some game where some of us land. I have heard that DaOC has free servers up and I have no doubts Sicyn's dragon is still out to kill me. I am sure I could recall a number of comical stories from those days. Hope everyone is doing well.

- Denauticus
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

So what we've learned is that Denauticus is an OLD man now!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

We are all approaching old man status now.

I got busy this year during covid starting a new Fruit Orcharding business online, while working in the healthcare field alternately, and writing a novel while trying to buy a home with land locally. Been a crazy year.

Some dust just settled, and we are tinkering around the new Shadowlands pre-patch of WoW, and so far I enjoy the improvements and the level crunch more than I thought I would.

Additionally, my whole family is now playing Age of Empires on Steam--that has been a true blast from the past.

If anyone logs in, feel free to holler at me. We are playing on Illidan - Horde still. Always welcomed to join up.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]