Favorite game of all time?

No matter what game you're playing, you can talk about any of them here. This is just a social room where gamers can come together and relate to one another.
Cleon
Guild Master

Favorite game of all time?

Post by Cleon »

Everyone has to start somewhere to get hooked on gaming.

What game sucked you in, and what was your favorite game of all since it started?

Discuss.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Favorite game of all time?

Post by Cleon »

Of course I played many games prior to Nintendo, but the one that really sucked me into gaming ultimately was Final Fantasy 1 (NES).

My favorite game of all time award has to go to Dark Age of Camelot, with Asheron's Call following a close 2nd and DragonLords hovering in at 3rd.

The game that has probably taken the most hours of my life over the years, however, has been World of Warcraft, followed by the Age of Empires series.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I've always been into computers (my first was a Commodore 64) so gaming in some form has always been part of routine. However, I didn't really get into gaming until DAoC. I played Ultima Online and was completely amazed, but I was so afraid to die I never really got into the game. :lol:

DAoC is still probably my best MMO/community gaming experience to date.

-Lon
michaelshuler

Post by michaelshuler »

I played everything from Atari, turbo grafix 16, and many others but the game that started me on my path of my long illustrious gaming career would have to be the original Zelda for NES. Even today this masterpiece of gaming is still fun and playable today!
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I still play the original zelda from time to time.

Love it.

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

When I started gaming, I was playing primarily first person shooters. I used to go to Games n Gizmos every weekend for 3 hours to destroy people in the original Half-Life (though i did not care for team fortress and did not play any half-life games after the original). So I got hooked into gaming with Half-Life at Games n Gizmos and RPGs on the SNES at my friend's place (all around age 10-13). I started playing mmo's at 13 (everquest 1), but really got hooked into them with Dark Age of Camelot when i was roughly 16 or so.

Favorite game of all time goes to Dark Age of Camelot (pre-ToA). 2nd place goes to Baldur's Gate 1 & 2...3rd place goes to Chrono Trigger...and 4th I think Skies of Arcadia or FF7.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Pre-TOA is a VERY important distinction (that I agree with).
Caror

Post by Caror »

yo guys! saw this bookmark and thought I'd see what was up.

I played NES / N64 when i was young, and always loved some Goldeneye and Mario Kart, but I got hooked on gaming with Counter Strike at a local LAN shop that opened up when i was 17. Lucky for me the guys there introducted me to DAoC which is, of course, my favorite of all time. Actually, getting the yearl urge to re-up. Haven't gamed at all in the last couple of yeras (since playing D3 for a couple months after release).

You still playing DAoC at all Hildace? I remember when you came back a few years ago...they go by quick...
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Caror wrote:yo guys! saw this bookmark and thought I'd see what was up.

I played NES / N64 when i was young, and always loved some Goldeneye and Mario Kart, but I got hooked on gaming with Counter Strike at a local LAN shop that opened up when i was 17. Lucky for me the guys there introducted me to DAoC which is, of course, my favorite of all time. Actually, getting the yearl urge to re-up. Haven't gamed at all in the last couple of yeras (since playing D3 for a couple months after release).

You still playing DAoC at all Hildace? I remember when you came back a few years ago...they go by quick...
I was around in spurts from 2010 to 2012...but I've been so damn busy since about August 2012. I started a Masters of Science degree (in medical forensics) and am going to graduate in about 7 weeks. I originally intended to do World PvP in Guild Wars 2 (I'm on Jade Quarry, the DAoC server), but I just haven't had time to get the best stuff and go out and do it. When I had time to play, I was messin around in PvE OR owning people in the mini-pvp games that come with various events (snowball mayhem was the most recent one I played, during winter break).

I also applied to medical school, and am currently on a waitlist for a spot at USF MCOM in Tampa, FL. Either way, I'll have time off from at least May 16th until August 1st. The med school is also pass/fail, with a honors option available if u get an 87+ in each class. Should be easier to do that considering I usually get 97-100%+ in my masters program (which is generally pretty hard to do).

I do agree--the years go by so fast. It feels like just yesterday I was PvPing back on Percival....and that was 10-12 years ago during the original run. I actually am still in touch with Darianna after all these years.

It feels like just yesterday I moved to Philadelphia to start my Masters degree...and now it's almost over...crazy how fast time flies when you are ridiculously busy.