Guild Wars 2

Members of the Kindred venture into a land of guild wars and battle to survive. Participate right here!
Sicyn
Site Admin

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Sicyn »

For pre-purchasers who like to get in right way...check at 9pm PST...they _may_ bring up the servers early. Based on some of the testing they've been doing the last couple of days, I think there's a good chance they will.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

I got access Saturday. Funny Story, I had taken my Vacation for this at week after launch, but then in the mail then next day after putting it in, I got a Jury Duty summons for the same week. So I have to cancel my vacation. Last week I get a letter from the court saying they settled out of court, and canceled the summons, so now I have to wait least a month before my next vacation gets approved:(
Miq, Hexine, Adaar, Zierra, Jhaboo

Currently Playing = DAoC Freeshard Phoenix Midgar
Drendel - Warrior / Dreya - Skald / Drezzel - Shaman / Dreevig - Spirit Master

Discord = Daemini #2935 / Steam = Daemini
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Jade Quarry is full:( I'll be on Sanctum of Rall.

Names are Illyada and Miquella for now.

Patek

Post by Patek »

Grr. Ok, well I have characters on Jade Quarry (see signature). A buddy of mine has friends on Ehmry Bay, so he made his characters there since he couldn't get on Jade Quarry either. I've read and heard that Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP server. Why the choice of Sanctum of Rall, Adaar?

I've heard world transfers are free and easy to do at first, but I haven't tried. Can we PLEASE choose a world for KoV and start the guild there?

Thank you,
Patek
Phineous, Human Ranger / Patek, Elementalist / Brasch, Mesmer (Jade Quarry Guild Wars 2)
Patek, Gnome Mage (Emerald Dream WoW)
Patek, Kelari Mage / Gronde, Bahmi Warrior (Harrow Defiant RIFT)
Lanc, Avalonian Wizard / Thrack Highlander Paladin (Albion Percival DAoC)
Yates Yellowrat Bast

Post by Yates Yellowrat Bast »

Well, I changed my mind. Since I pre-purchased the game, I decided to play. BUT probably not much at all. I've been gaming with a small guild over these years- it includes 2 Percival (DAoC) friends. The guild, not me, choose Ehmry Bay as our server. There -is- a way to temporarily join friends on another server- not sure how that works yet. Anyway, don't choose your server as Ehmry Bay necessarily, since I probably won't even play this much. It's a good mmorpg, but really just more of the same, as far as I'm concerned.
Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

I read on the VN boards that some people choose Jade, but it got bad reviews on the pvp. Then i read that alot of the daoc player base chose Darkhaven. Thats where i am now. I have a warrior. Name is....Kedirem :)

I vote Darkhaven!
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Jade was full when I got home from work so I choose at random. Only research I did was Jade Quarry that Yellow posted.

Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Kedirem wrote:I read on the VN boards that some people choose Jade, but it got bad reviews on the pvp. Then i read that alot of the daoc player base chose Darkhaven. Thats where i am now. I have a warrior. Name is....Kedirem :)

I vote Darkhaven!
If DAoC people are on Darkhaven then it should be, Darkhaven, has my vote.

Kedirem

Post by Kedirem »

KoV is now formed on Darkhaven! Please come join! PM on Kedirem!
Kedirem
Former Kindred of Valiance Officer

Kedirem - 50 Friar DAoC
Elixo - 50 Sorc DAoC
Kedirem -110 Prot Paladin WoW
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Looks like I need to install a GW2 forum for you guys.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Guess I'mma have to look up the manual. Cant use /who. Dont know how to contact anyone.

Zoruk

Post by Zoruk »

You know its funny I check back on this thing every now and again and as soon as I heard about the Frontier style pvp GW2 has to offer I immediately assumed KoV would be established in GW2 as well haha. Well I'm sure not many of you even remember me but I moved to Darkhaven to roll with you guys. I'll be nice to strut the KoV colors again. I'm going by Fedups/Fedupz/Fedup ect at the moment. I added most of you in game for when you get on but if you find me first a guild invite would be awesome :)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

I really want to give GW2 a try but unfortunately I have my hands full with a masters program at the moment. I'll have to see where things are at after the first semester =P

Hope everyone is doing well!

Best,

Hildace (Mike)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Hildace, make sure to check the "our story" post. I'd like to borrow your character's name for a story plot. Also, do you pronounce it Hild "ace" or Hil "doss"?

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Patek

Post by Patek »

Jade Quarry is now not full, but Darkhaven is. Have fun y'all.
Patek
Phineous, Human Ranger / Patek, Elementalist / Brasch, Mesmer (Jade Quarry Guild Wars 2)
Patek, Gnome Mage (Emerald Dream WoW)
Patek, Kelari Mage / Gronde, Bahmi Warrior (Harrow Defiant RIFT)
Lanc, Avalonian Wizard / Thrack Highlander Paladin (Albion Percival DAoC)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

So, how's the action in GW2?

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

It's fun, I cant stop playing. Leveling is okay, just like the WoW quest system, it gets old quick. PvP, I've only done BG's so far, is pretty fun. Not dying in 2 seconds is awesome. Did my first dungeon it was fun, died like 40 times but thats how it is in GW2 Dungeons, also the first dungeon is up there with WoW raid content, you just dont go in and wipe everything without knowning anything, bosses have tough stragities. Never made it past the 2 bosses (think this was like the 4th boss) you have to separated (had to go to work) but was still fun even with the amount of deaths. There are waypoints in the dungoen, when you die and your close just run back, no one will rezz you. We even wiped on trash, 3 trash mobs will prolly wipe everyone, they are tougher then boss fights. We had no CC. CC prolly helps a ton like sheep did back in the day in WoW.

As for the guild, only me and Kedirem are currently the only members, as I said before I am terrible with recruiting. I always thought it would be better to join a bigger/more established guild. And then again the whole guild system is different. Seems you can be in multiple guilds at once, but only rep one at a time while you do your quest or pvp so that guild gets points to spend in guild things.

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

I ended up on Northern Shiverpeaks at first, then a bunch of large WvW guilds left and it felt like a market crash. I'm now on Eredon Terrace and the WvW action is pretty good and the server is only Medium.
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

I'm still stuck without an unlimited data plan to play anything. We don't have an internet provider, so on my cell phone 4glte. I hear some satellites have unlimited plans from 2am-6am (bleh).

I heard of something called evro, or such, but it costs $140ish a month after taxes, and that's just internet...

Any suggestions?

World of Warcraft

CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Is the trade post broken? I never see people at the place, and when I try to hit buy on something nothing happens.

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

It has had some issues...but usually if it's down you'll see the "Under Maintenance" screen. After you verify your buy I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't tell you it was successful (even though it was)...did you check the "pickup" tab?

Also, you don't have to be a trading post vendor (there are many of these throughout the world) to sell or buy items...only to "pickup" bought items or money for items sold.
Adaar

Post by Adaar »

Sicyn wrote:It has had some issues...but usually if it's down you'll see the "Under Maintenance" screen. After you verify your buy I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't tell you it was successful (even though it was)...did you check the "pickup" tab?

Also, you don't have to be a trading post vendor (there are many of these throughout the world) to sell or buy items...only to "pickup" bought items or money for items sold.

I can find the item and everything, but when I go to hit the Buy button it does nothing. Its like its greyed out

edit** Just tried it out, worked fine. Must of just been down them few times I tried.

Sicyn
Site Admin

Post by Sicyn »

Oh, also, they show everything that's in the world...but that doesn't mean it's for sale. So for example, they'll show you some awesome piece of gear that _could_ be for sale, but isn't necessarily. The cool thing about this is you can say, "I'd like to buy it at this price". Then sellers can decide to sell it to you immediately for that price, or just list it like normal.
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

This game is still the best mmo currently on the market imo. Having a total blast, whether it's world pvp or pve stuff.

Probably going to play it for quite some time to come. Still on the Jade Quarry server, with a single lvl 80 (warrior) :D

Hope all are doing well!

Best,

Hildace